Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Amir Khan v Saul Alvarez

I was watching a different feed but it was apparently reported that Khan was 163 and Alvarez was 177 and it makes sense. The kid was 174 a few times when he was fighting at 154. They stopped highlighting his weight right around the time of Kirkland when the Golovkin talk started. Fact is he'd be bigger than the Kazak.

Oh and..I found a snap shot

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by fan johnny View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Has 1 person picked Canelo against GGG? Not a troll job, does 1 person really believe Canelo will win that fight?

2nd part, if absolutely nobody believe Canelo stands a chance why do people want to see it?

GGG Vs the 4th or 5th best JR Middleweight yippee! I say F that. I say Canelo dumps the belt, and GGG is quicker to moving on to finally fighting someone on his level.
    He may fight at the weight because he can make the weight, but he's the same size as GGG
    So what? He's not as good. Look how many of Canelos opponents come from below 147, off the top of my head I can think of Khan, Josesito Lopez, Mayweather, Cotto. There are probably more. There is a reason he is fighting such little guys, because the true Jr Middles would beat him. And the true Middles would beat him. And everyone knows that so he hides at Canelo Weight.

GGG is a rare talent, he should be fighting the best. Canelo can't find a weightclass where he is best.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Anyways I'm struggling to fuck, I've only had 2 hours kip and everyone is is out having a drink, I've had more than a good whack but the lack of sleep is catching up with me now.

I'm gunna have to retire soon I think

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Had to be one of the more one sided ppv charades in a while. For a guy entering at unofficial-official 177 lbs, there is zero reason why Alvarez cannot make 160 comfortably other than not wanting to lose the gravy train he and Oscar are fooling people with.

All by design that he'll finally..hopefully..sac up and have his first 160 go vs either Lemieux or even a Stevenson.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Even though we know that GGG will beat Canelo, we still need to see it for the sake of linage middleweight title and the fact that we want the corporate created manufactured champion battered by the blue collar guy.
    Outside of not fighting GGG which is still a black eye he has only been champ since november by beating Cotto who wanted the catch weight as well it was his demand. Say what you want but Canelo has wins over Trout,Lara,Kirkland and Cotto i would not call man with that high of wins a manufactured champ. I mean he has fought all the talent near him besides GGG and he just got the belt a few months ago. There is no talent in the MW division but GGG all the other talent and names are south of the weight.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Khan deserves big respect. In a fight that the entire world was in agreement with that he had no chance he still made it entertaining.

Those Las Vegas docs need to learn how to get in the ring faster when a fighter has been half-killed. And Bayless needs to learn how to call the medics faster instead of waving his arms over the dead fighter - posing for the money shot. Khan's head bounced 3-foot off the canvas, it was fucking obvious he was unconcious. Pathetic.
    Last edited by Fenster; 05-09-2016 at 06:00 AM.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Khan deserves big respect. In a fight that the entire world was in agreement with that he had no chance he still made it entertaining.

Those Las Vegas docs need to learn how to get in the ring faster when a fighter has been half-killed. And Bayless needs to learn how to call the medics faster instead of waving his arms over the dead fighter - posing for the money shot. Khan's head bounced 3-foot off the canvas, it was fucking obvious he was unconcious. Pathetic.
    Diddo.
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by fan johnny View Post
    Has 1 person picked Canelo against GGG? Not a troll job, does 1 person really believe Canelo will win that fight?

2nd part, if absolutely nobody believe Canelo stands a chance why do people want to see it?

GGG Vs the 4th or 5th best JR Middleweight yippee! I say F that. I say Canelo dumps the belt, and GGG is quicker to moving on to finally fighting someone on his level.
    He may fight at the weight because he can make the weight, but he's the same size as GGG
    So what? He's not as good. Look how many of Canelos opponents come from below 147, off the top of my head I can think of Khan, Josesito Lopez, Mayweather, Cotto. There are probably more. There is a reason he is fighting such little guys, because the true Jr Middles would beat him. And the true Middles would beat him. And everyone knows that so he hides at Canelo Weight.

GGG is a rare talent, he should be fighting the best. Canelo can't find a weightclass where he is best.
    I think the charlo Bros both beat canelo

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Khan seems to have knack for that really. He falls uglier than any fighter i've seen. Every Ko seems to result in a head whip into the canvas. But credit to the man. He put on about 10lbs. (and it was all balls) to fight a guy he knew would still put on an extra 20+ lbs.

That being said I think the split between the Canelo supporters and the GGG supporters is more than just a fighter vs. fighter thing. It's a moral kind of separation. Some people see GGG as a fighter that's cleaning house at 160. But as touched on by @Master, i believe more of us see GGG as the anti-floyd. A guy whose made his name and keeps his name (at least for the time being) as someone who follows the rules, tries to put on a show, even if it means leaving himself open for some punches, cares about being the best and not just the best paid. He hasn't made cheap shot pre-fight demands or acted like a dick to try try to get more people to buy his fights. He wants to unify and not just jump around, going to where the money is and then tries to make up for weight/size/style/power differences by manipulating other aspects of the contract afterwards... and that is the area where Canelo seems to be viewed as floyd's protege. Trying to capitalize on fans and supporters alike and putting his brand before the sport. Many view him as not even earnest of the attention he's getting due to a deficit of skill. Even still Canelo managed to roll this obnoxious behavior and self centered prioritizing to new heights by creating his own weight division and holding the wbc 160lb belt hostage. People do want to see the fight, but I think even without a fight, many fans would just be happy to see order restored by Canelo relinquishing his hold on the belt... As the hemming and hawing has become too much for most fans of the way boxing should and used to be before mayweather took this nickel and diming, self gratifying, bigger than the game campaigning, mainstream. (follow ups by cotto, canelo, manny and whoever else have just compounded the frustration).

It's in this sense that most people count GGG as a champion of justice and believe that by pasting the ginger, Golovkin will topple the bullsh*t machine and put that type of f*ckery to rest (it won't...). And if per chance, not... Canelo giving up the belt or finding a way to weasel out of negotiations would thereby admit he's chicken and take more starch out of this entitlement trend. The same way Martinez did when he embarrassed Chavez jr for 11.5 rounds.

As the saying goes... "There are no heroes without villains and they are both in each of us."
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Right hook roll under. Same move, every time
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr140 View Post
    Even though we know that GGG will beat Canelo, we still need to see it for the sake of linage middleweight title and the fact that we want the corporate created manufactured champion battered by the blue collar guy.
    Outside of not fighting GGG which is still a black eye he has only been champ since november by beating Cotto who wanted the catch weight as well it was his demand. Say what you want but Canelo has wins over Trout,Lara,Kirkland and Cotto i would not call man with that high of wins a manufactured champ. I mean he has fought all the talent near him besides GGG and he just got the belt a few months ago. There is no talent in the MW division but GGG all the other talent and names are south of the weight.
    Be decent to see GGG go up one division too theres some decent fights up. Maybe he should sign up with Oscar and make a new weight of 164 and fight out of that
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I can explain it.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr140 View Post
    Be decent to see GGG go up one division too theres some decent fights up. Maybe he should sign up with Oscar and make a new weight of 164 and fight out of that
    he should try and get the mexican smw champ to come down to 161 lbs and fight for his world title :S provoke the mexicans into demand canelo fight him.

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I can explain it.

Thread Information