Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default JuanMa/Gamboa/Caballero/John

In what order would you place them from best to worst?

Who should Caballero fight if Gamboa, JuanMa, and John won't fight him?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: JuanMa/Gamboa/Caballero/John

1. CJ

2. Juanma

3. Gamboa

4. Caballero

I'd say Caballero should fight Rafa too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd love to see a fight with Chris John and Gamboa actually. I think CJ is the best feather in the world right now but all this time between fights has to take away from his affectiveness. Gamboa is very raw (as a pro) but Rocky had John hurt at the end of there 2nd fight and Gambo has heavy hands. Nobody wants to fight Caballero and I just dont see him getting any big fights becasue he is trouble for all these guys. Rojas might still get into this picture as well. He did have a fight with Gambo fall thru. Hopefully these guys will all fight each other in same fashion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Gamboa
    Caballero
    CJ
    JML

Gamboa is too fast and too good for these guys IMO, I think like Rigondeaux he hasn't looked as good against some guys because they have been too afraid to let anything go. I think the higher the competition of boxing his opposition presents the better he will do because he will stay more focused and having more opponents because higher level opponents will be more inclined to let their hands go more.

I don't like Caballero, but I have a hard time seeing JML or CJ beating him. Actually I see JML having an easier time because he has a lot more power than Caballero, but I think Caballero is harder to hit, and would just outwork JML.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If Caballero was an easy opponent, he would have already been a stepping stone for Gamboa or JuanMa on their ascent. So far, Top Rank has decided Caballero is not worth the risk. That indicates something. John should look better against a limited opponent like Rocky Jaurez and he seems injury prone. It appears as if his age is catching up with him. I like Gamboa too though. JuanMa is entertaining to watch but he is too vulnerable for my liking. Maybe he'll fight John after John fights his mandatory. I'm sure HBO would pick it up and I'd favor him at this point over an aging John.

Gamboa
    Caballero
    JuanMa
    Chris John
    Last edited by Rantcatrat; 11-09-2010 at 03:54 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Gamboa is being a bit overrated.

Despite CJ win over the bigger Marquez I think Juanma has the best resume.

Juanma
    CJ
    Gamboa

I dont know about you guys but I had Juanma winning every round over Rafa and they could of stopped the fight at the 8th thats how dominant Juanma is. Granted Rafa caught Juanma with the left hooks, I think thats only because Juanma allowed himself open for that punch. Juanma grows from this fight and focus a bit more on defense, he'll dominate this division.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Once they fight it should be great to answer this question.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Rain View Post

Juanma
    CJ
    Gamboa

I dont know about you guys but I had Juanma winning every round over Rafa and they could of stopped the fight at the 8th thats how dominant Juanma is. Granted Rafa caught Juanma with the left hooks, I think thats only because Juanma allowed himself open for that punch. Juanma grows from this fight and focus a bit more on defense, he'll dominate this division.
    You had Juanma winning the 5th? He should have been focusing on defense against the Mtagwa where he was out on his feet late. You know the guy that Gamboa absolutely destroyed. Gamboa has problems of his own, but mostly because he seems bored in the ring against pretty good guys.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Taeth View Post

Juanma
    CJ
    Gamboa

You had Juanma winning the 5th? He should have been focusing on defense against the Mtagwa where he was out on his feet late. You know the guy that Gamboa absolutely destroyed. Gamboa has problems of his own, but mostly because he seems bored in the ring against pretty good guys.
    Style make fights bud.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Juanma
    CJ
    Gamboa

You mean 4th round right? When Juanma was stun and lost a point. I would of had that for Juanma if not for the deduction.

So your logic is - since Gamboa defeated a guy Juanma had trouble with - Gamboa will also beat Juanma. Right good one there man.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cabellero beats all of them....I'm wrong sometimes but just my opinion. As far as rating them I'd put cab at the top, Juanma next and John and gamboa tied. John is highly underrated and gamboa is just the opposite but by no fault of his own , he just hasn't had that many pro bouts and he really isn't supposed to be that good yet. He get's better and better after each fight but I'm rating them as they are today .
    Last edited by Mar; 11-12-2010 at 01:26 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

1. celestino caballero
    2. juan manuel lopez
    3. yuriorkis gamboa
    4. chris john

Mentioned
    534 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Gamboa
    Caballero
    CJ
    JML

Gamboa is too fast and too good for these guys IMO, I think like Rigondeaux he hasn't looked as good against some guys because they have been too afraid to let anything go. I think the higher the competition of boxing his opposition presents the better he will do because he will stay more focused and having more opponents because higher level opponents will be more inclined to let their hands go more.

I don't like Caballero, but I have a hard time seeing JML or CJ beating him. Actually I see JML having an easier time because he has a lot more power than Caballero, but I think Caballero is harder to hit, and would just outwork JML.

The day you have ANYTHING good to say about a Puerto Rican fighter, I swear I'll probably have a heart attack and die.

Thread Information