Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  49
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Who wins?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: Teofimo vs Loma: ... Who ya got?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Teofimo vs Loma: ... Who ya got?

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TonnnnUK View Post
    Well done to Lopez. I scored it 116-112
    I remember scoring each and every round the same way. First 7 to Teo... next 4 to Loma... and final one to Teo.

That seems to be the general consensus amongst people using this scorecard system, though the turning point 7th round is even.

Here is the combined scorecard for over 20 users' scorecards.

And the round by round statistical analysis:
    https://fight-score.com/fight/vasyl-...lopez/analysis

Full disclosure: This project is something I created. Think the added metrics make for more in depth scorecards and allows for some interesting round by round data analysis.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes !!! BROOKLYN was reppin’ HARD tonight ! Loma went out like a sucka mc! No more Floyd comparisons EVER ! You hear me ? I got tired of hearing "We've never seen anything like this!" Very disrespectful to Pernell, Roy, and Floyd.

Is the great Lomachenko just another Roman Gonzalez ?

Man - Teofimo Lopez is twitchy ! Crazy sharp reflexes. Loma simply ran into a guy that was able to control a distance better than anybody he ever faced and the accuracy and power made him second-guess himself.

This is high level boxing Loma, you don’t just get to use angles and throw punches you want without high level work coming back at you. He realised that early in the fight and was a bit lost. If he would have been too brazen, he would have been looking up at the stars.

Loma has been been getting hit too much lately. His defense is pulling back, spinning to the right. He doesn't slip an counter a lot. One thing I didn't see Loma do in this fight was pitty pat jabs. He truly was terrified of Lopez.

In round 12, Lopez started fking him up when Loma tried to put it on him. That’s what would’ve happened early in the fight if he tried to do that, and that’s why he fought so negatively.

Lopez clearly beat the odds but it's not like the performance was something stellar. He basically won by being the bigger man and not committing to the OBVIOUS mistakes everyone expected him to fall victim to. That's not hating him, that's just a healthy perspective. Lopez is like a better version of Wilder. He still has a lot more to improve especially fighting off his backfoot

I think Haney would be a problem for Teo. He seems to have trouble with longer guys that have skills and word is he couldn't even touch Haney in sparring.

I didn't score the fight but my gut instinct at the end was a very close fight, edging to Lopez. The Julia Lederman scorecard was super dumb but the others were fine and the right man won.

These female judges (Lederman and Byrd) should like go live out the rest of their days in an idyllic seaside cottage and sip hot herbal teas and be ricotta cheese power lesbians and never again score another pro fight between them, that'd be cute imo

But Teo put respect on his name tonight. He boxed the master boxer but also showed ring maturity.

I’m about to hit Lopez Sr for some psychic advice.
    Last edited by Denilson3.0; 10-18-2020 at 03:10 PM.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

@TonnnnUK - terrific stats. Although the "right" man won it shows how a Loma win is possible let alone a draw.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Loma might want to move back to 130.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Loma might want to ditch his dad.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    @TonnnnUK - terrific stats. Although the "right" man won it shows how a Loma win is possible let alone a draw.
    Thanks. I think when there are a good number of genuine scorecards submitted, it does paint a picture of how a fight went between the combined scorecard and the fight analysis stats/graphs.

The number of registered and regular users is slowly increasing, so hopefully it gains some notice and more people join.

There's quite a lot to it. People can connect with friends and see/compare their scorecards side by side.
    Groups can be created so people can compare/contrast & collaborate scorecards. Groups are able to see their combined scorecard and fight analysis for just their group of users only.

It's a pretty unique system

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by KickMuck View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    10th Loma looked like a fighter, but Lopez folded him with a body shot
    you mean dick shot
    Loma literally jumped and it still hit waistline. If it was a foul it was the head buttWe’d fault not Lopez

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Of course you say this, just nobody with any integrity, any, would say Loma won. Give the right man the credit he deserves. Take those pitiful quotes off “right”, that’s pathetic

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by KickMuck View Post
    10th Loma looked like a fighter, but Lopez folded him with a body shot
    you mean dick shot
    Loma literally jumped and it still hit waistline. If it was a foul it was the head buttWe’d fault not Lopez

That much was made clear in the replay.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TonnnnUK View Post
    Well done to Lopez. I scored it 116-112

Almost exactly how I scored it except I gave the 9th to Lopez. I will have to watch round 2 again but I think the one combination made people give it to Loma even though Lopez seemed to easily win that round.
    What a quality night of fights.

Also exact same score. Gave Lopez 1-7, 9 and 12th. Loma 8 and strongest rounds 10 and 11. It's amazing what an overnight of analysis and set in does. I woke up to more than a few 'could have gone either way' and the stand by challenger MUST beat a champion. I just cannot see case for draw in any scenario but plan to re watch simply because it was a superb showdown. Fans win.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

High quality contest, shame it was in a bubble. Great job by Lopez, good jab, good early body attack. Loma did nothing for the first half and it cost him. Great finish by Lopez. It's a simple argument to say Loma starts earlier and gives himself a better chance of winning the fight. But those reasons why he was so slow to get going aren't going away. The speed, size, power, youth of Lopez all played a part, it wasn't just Loma starting slow as is the norm. Baring a stoppage all Lopez had to do was give it everything for one round in the second half to win the fight.

Crazy fight between two 15 fight pros where one was considered the grand master and the other the young pup who might find himself a bit out of his depth. Now of course that Loma has TWO!!! loses he's on the slide and was never any good. Obviously that's the opinion of the social media lunatic experts. Not the experts here
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    High quality contest, shame it was in a bubble. Great job by Lopez, good jab, good early body attack. Loma did nothing for the first half and it cost him. Great finish by Lopez. It's a simple argument to say Loma starts earlier and gives himself a better chance of winning the fight. But those reasons why he was so slow to get going aren't going away. The speed, size, power, youth of Lopez all played a part, it wasn't just Loma starting slow as is the norm. Baring a stoppage all Lopez had to do was give it everything for one round in the second half to win the fight.

Crazy fight between two 15 fight pros where one was considered the grand master and the other the young pup who might find himself a bit out of his depth. Now of course that Loma has TWO!!! loses he's on the slide and was never any good. Obviously that's the opinion of the social media lunatic experts. Not the experts here

I think the consensus here is that number one, Loma made a tactical mistake by waiting till the second half of the fight... and two, Lopez is a better, more capable boxer than some here were giving him credit for.

Loma himself I'm sure now feels he may have underestimated Lopez from the outset, maybe thinking about Teo's comparative lack of experience.

Regardless, it was a fight truly deserving of a rematch, if that's what each of them wants.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bob Arum doesn't want to see a judge again after her Teofimo Lopez scorecard, and fans agreed

Teofimo Lopez is the undisputed lightweight champion after stunning Vasiliy Lomachenko on Saturday, but one scorecard for his win prompted disbelief for many observers, including Top Rank CEO Bob Arum.

The fight was officially scored 116-112 by Tim Cheatham, 117-111 by Steve Weisfield and 119-109 by Julie Lederman. It was the last scorecard that drew questions.

There was little doubt that Lopez deserved the win, but the consensus was that Lomachenko showed enough life in the second half of the fight to keep things competitive going into the 12th round. Lopez finished strongly for the win, but it’s hard to believe that he won 11 out of 12 rounds, as Lederman saw things.

The good news is that, if anything, Lederman erred toward the victor. That wasn’t enough for Arum, though, as he said after the fight that he would advise fighters to request Lederman not be appointed for their fights:

The vast majority of boxing fans, journalists and one welterweight champion seemed to agree with Arum’s assessment.

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/bob-arum...051749340.html
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don’t get why people are so up in arms about the one scorecard. That scorecard is at least plausible. I’ve seen so many worse. Loma only clearly won the 11th which is the round that the judge gave to him. Almost every major boxing card has at least one scorecard worse than that one.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    I don’t get why people are so up in arms about the one scorecard. That scorecard is at least plausible. I’ve seen so many worse. Loma only clearly won the 11th which is the round that the judge gave to him. Almost every major boxing card has at least one scorecard worse than that one.
    It's a weird one. Since the result went the right way anyway it doesn't matter all that much but it was pretty wide (albeit probably plausible), but I think it also stems from the fact that Lomachenko is one of those fighters who seems to have ardent supporters, they get a bit touchy when it's not gone their way. Even the somewhat sensible fans. Loma was something of a darling for the boxing purests.

Thread Information