Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by GaMo View Post
    You’re a very angry human being @Primo Carnera it’s up to him how he uses his staff as he’s paying them. Most fighters chat shit at press conferences, they’d be painfully dull if they didn’t so I don’t see the problem there either. I like that he called Brook out for quitting
    I'm not angry mate, "you wouldn't like me when I'm angry!"😂😂😂
    And Brook had to step in late notice to fight a guy that Jr. was shitting his pants at having to fight . FACT!

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Chris Eubank Jr-Avni Yildirim

Chris Eubank Jr accuses Avni Yildirim camp of turning fight into a ‘race war’ but says ‘nothing gets under my skin’

Chris Eubank Jr insists he will not be intimidated by a hostile atmosphere when he puts his world title on the line in Germany.

The IBO super-middleweight champion makes the second defence of his crown against Turkey’s Avni Yildirim in Stuttgart on Saturday. The region has a large Turkish population and Eubank has been warned to expect a ferocious welcome.

But there has already been one flashpoint, with Yildirim’s manager, Ahmet Oner, hurling threats and insults at one of the Brighton boxer’s entourage during Wednesday’s press conference. That followed Eubank’s failure to turn up for an open workout in the city the previous day, amid claims by his father that the event could be disrupted by “hooligans”.

The fight is a quarter-final in the World Boxing Super Series knockout tournament - with Eubank hoping to set up a semi-final against WBA champion and compatriot George Groves.

Eubank said: “Everyone knows that nothing gets under my skin. They can say and do what they want here but my mind is fully focused on the task.

“It was a bit feisty at the press conference. The guy’s manager is an angry man. But it’s a front because he knows deep down that his boxer is in serious trouble against me. So he is trying to disrupt our team and get in my head.

“It doesn’t matter who is shouting and screaming. I will still go in to do exactly what I need to win that fight. They seem hell bent on trying to make it Turkey versus England, too. But this isn’t a race war.

“It’s boxing - two men getting into ring to see who is the better fighter. There will be a lot of Turkish fans. If I have to go in and be the bad guy on the night, so be it. I will be cool and calculating and nothing will faze me.”

Groves, the Hammersmith-based 29-year-old, has his quarter-final a week later when he fights Swindon’s Jamie Cox at Wembley Arena. A semi-final against Eubank would sell out the 02 Arena in London.

Eubank said: “The fight the public wants to see is me against Groves. He has the WBA belt and the profile. It will happen in England in January or February if we both do we what we have to in these quarter-finals.”

Yildirim, 26, is unbeaten in 16 fights and has 10 stoppages. He began his career as a light-heavyweight but has dropped down a division. He is said to have given London’s IBF super- middleweight champion James DeGale a tough time in sparring sessions in Miami this year.

Eubank insisted that Yildirim is a tough but limited and is eager to get beyond him to secure a showdown with Groves. “I am here to show every other fighter in the competition that I will become the champion. This is a great match-up because styles make fights.

“Yildirim is a fighter who comes forward, not a runner. He is very active so there is no chance of this being dull. He is not very savvy technically but he doesn’t know how to give up.

“As soon as I heard that Yildirim had knocked out some of James DeGale’s teeth in sparring, I wanted to get in the ring with him. But he takes risks - and he will pay for them in this fight.”

The fight is tomorrow on ITV Box Office, priced £9.95. The broadcast starts at 6.45pm

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxin...cid=spartanntp
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That was interesting both made weight, Junior had punisher logo gloves and Yildirim is a proud Turk.

Is the fight free in Germany?
    Last edited by Master; 10-07-2017 at 08:01 AM.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Which part was interesting? That they made weight or the gloves thing?
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    That was interesting both made weight, Junior had punisher logo gloves and Yildirim is a proud Turk.

Aren't they supposed to make weight? Why so interesting?

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post

Aren't they supposed to make weight? Why so interesting?
    He's mildly autistic, he see's things differently to us

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just watched this. Fair play, I am no Eubank fan, (where was his chicken Dad btw?) , but Yildirim and his Manager are a proper pair of hateful cunts.
    Could be interesting,although I won't be paying 2 fucking pence for it!
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just watched this. Fair play, I am no Eubank fan, (where was his chicken Dad btw?) , but Yildirim and his Manager are a proper pair of hateful cunts.
    Eubank usually deals with cunts and hopefully this is no different. Loved it when he smashed up Blackwell and I go back to that fight regularly. O'Sullivan was another one who deserved a beating and Eubank gave it him so let’s hope this is the same again.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Chris Eubank Jr accuses Avni Yildirim camp of turning fight into a ‘race war’ but says ‘nothing gets under my skin’

Chris Eubank Jr insists he will not be intimidated by a hostile atmosphere when he puts his world title on the line in Germany.

The IBO super-middleweight champion makes the second defence of his crown against Turkey’s Avni Yildirim in Stuttgart on Saturday. The region has a large Turkish population and Eubank has been warned to expect a ferocious welcome.

But there has already been one flashpoint, with Yildirim’s manager, Ahmet Oner, hurling threats and insults at one of the Brighton boxer’s entourage during Wednesday’s press conference. That followed Eubank’s failure to turn up for an open workout in the city the previous day, amid claims by his father that the event could be disrupted by “hooligans”.

The fight is a quarter-final in the World Boxing Super Series knockout tournament - with Eubank hoping to set up a semi-final against WBA champion and compatriot George Groves.

Eubank said: “Everyone knows that nothing gets under my skin. They can say and do what they want here but my mind is fully focused on the task.

“It was a bit feisty at the press conference. The guy’s manager is an angry man. But it’s a front because he knows deep down that his boxer is in serious trouble against me. So he is trying to disrupt our team and get in my head.

“It doesn’t matter who is shouting and screaming. I will still go in to do exactly what I need to win that fight. They seem hell bent on trying to make it Turkey versus England, too. But this isn’t a race war.

“It’s boxing - two men getting into ring to see who is the better fighter. There will be a lot of Turkish fans. If I have to go in and be the bad guy on the night, so be it. I will be cool and calculating and nothing will faze me.”

Groves, the Hammersmith-based 29-year-old, has his quarter-final a week later when he fights Swindon’s Jamie Cox at Wembley Arena. A semi-final against Eubank would sell out the 02 Arena in London.

Eubank said: “The fight the public wants to see is me against Groves. He has the WBA belt and the profile. It will happen in England in January or February if we both do we what we have to in these quarter-finals.”

Yildirim, 26, is unbeaten in 16 fights and has 10 stoppages. He began his career as a light-heavyweight but has dropped down a division. He is said to have given London’s IBF super- middleweight champion James DeGale a tough time in sparring sessions in Miami this year.

Eubank insisted that Yildirim is a tough but limited and is eager to get beyond him to secure a showdown with Groves. “I am here to show every other fighter in the competition that I will become the champion. This is a great match-up because styles make fights.

“Yildirim is a fighter who comes forward, not a runner. He is very active so there is no chance of this being dull. He is not very savvy technically but he doesn’t know how to give up.

“As soon as I heard that Yildirim had knocked out some of James DeGale’s teeth in sparring, I wanted to get in the ring with him. But he takes risks - and he will pay for them in this fight.”

The fight is tomorrow on ITV Box Office, priced £9.95. The broadcast starts at 6.45pm

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/boxin...cid=spartanntp
    Total bollocks, save your PPV money, have £20 on eubank and maybe a couple of free pints

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Eubank usually deals with cunts and hopefully this is no different. Loved it when he smashed up Blackwell and I go back to that fight regularly. O'Sullivan was another one who deserved a beating and Eubank gave it him so let’s hope this is the same again.
    No lose fight for EU, if he loses on points its a dodgy racist setup so lets have another go, if he wins he's on to groves, well played by the old man

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Blackwell and O'Sullivan were British level MW's . Let's hope this guy has a bit more although from what I've seen, he's a tad sluggish so we'll see.
    Saunders is a cunt and he didn't deal with him did he?

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've just took a quick look at Yildirim, I can't remember ever seeing him before, he does look at wee bit sluggish but he's a come forward fighter, if Jr's power (or lack of) doesn't bother him then it could make for an interesting fight, Jr won't be wanting to throw hundreds of punches whilst landing the majority of them on his arms, he will want to pick his shots and try to be accurate.
    That's if Yildirim actually throws as he is coming forward, if he just goes head down and walk in then it'll be an easy night for Jr.

I'll stream this on my laptop whilst watching the card on Sky

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Maybe his Manager is PrimoCarnera

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by sanatogen View Post

Maybe his Manager is PrimoCarnera
    I think you will find that it is @Master who uses dirty tactics.

So who has actually paid for this then?

Thread Information