Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Thurman injured again..

Expect a return early 2023 after Spence moves up in weight and Crawford retires.

https://www.boxingscene.com/thurman-...o-bout--142740

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Thurman injured again..

At one stage he was rated the best welterweight in the division. How the once mighty have fallen.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Poor Thurman. He may be like Naseem Hamed- body just can't take the rigors of the sport. But the skills are there.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It’s all BS from Thurman. I’m not denying that he got surgery, but he states in the article that he was in pain for the Lopez fight and Pacquiao fight but had to keep training and pushing through it because that’s what warriors do.

That’s not what he said when Spence has been calling him out for years. It’s just unfortunate because I was a Thurman fan back in the day, but he proved to be too scared to fight the best. He only fought Pacquiao because of the money.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    It’s all BS from Thurman. I’m not denying that he got surgery, but he states in the article that he was in pain for the Lopez fight and Pacquiao fight but had to keep training and pushing through it because that’s what warriors do.

That’s not what he said when Spence has been calling him out for years. It’s just unfortunate because I was a Thurman fan back in the day, but he proved to be too scared to fight the best. He only fought Pacquiao because of the money.
    If he takes a Spence fight now(admittedly I didn’t read the article and don’t know how long he’ll be out) and holds up a Crawford fight I will reach David Haye levels of dislike for him. But a part of me still wants to see Spence turn his midsection into ground chuck.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No-Time Keith. It's really difficult to respect a guy who always says "At the end of the day there are no excuses"...and then goes on making them for two paragraphs. He'll do what he has done, watch a competitive division pass him by.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't know. As someone who has gone through a number of months with a bad shoulder, sometimes it probably is best to take time out, heal, do surgery or whatever, and just do what you have to do when you are ready to do it. It sucks to not even lift weights. If the man needs his time then let him be. It's not as if he is an office worker looking for a sickie. Injuries happen and you don't do surgery for fun. Look at Andy Murray in tennis. If only he had listened to his body and rested more. People are not machines.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think any fighter has fears too, but I doubt Thurman is scared of opponents as such. You don't go in there, even with an old Manny, if you are scared. Even now when Pac turns up the heat he is still more intense than most fighters. Some fighters get injured and sometimes they aren't quite the same. Just one of those things for me.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    I think any fighter has fears too, but I doubt Thurman is scared of opponents as such. You don't go in there, even with an old Manny, if you are scared. Even now when Pac turns up the heat he is still more intense than most fighters. Some fighters get injured and sometimes they aren't quite the same. Just one of those things for me.
    Thurman has been sick note for years now and has had time to sort out his injuries. He is shot and past it and will do a David Haye and milk it for all it is worth for his retirement fund.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by gandalf View Post
    i don't know. As someone who has gone through a number of months with a bad shoulder, sometimes it probably is best to take time out, heal, do surgery or whatever, and just do what you have to do when you are ready to do it. It sucks to not even lift weights. If the man needs his time then let him be. It's not as if he is an office worker looking for a sickie. Injuries happen and you don't do surgery for fun. Look at andy murray in tennis. If only he had listened to his body and rested more. People are not machines.
    ;d bwahahahahah!
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gandalf View Post
    i don't know. As someone who has gone through a number of months with a bad shoulder, sometimes it probably is best to take time out, heal, do surgery or whatever, and just do what you have to do when you are ready to do it. It sucks to not even lift weights. If the man needs his time then let him be. It's not as if he is an office worker looking for a sickie. Injuries happen and you don't do surgery for fun. Look at andy murray in tennis. If only he had listened to his body and rested more. People are not machines.
    ;d bwahahahahah!
    Yep, that was my response when I heard you needed an MRI for your Communism.

Thread Information