Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Miguel Cotto -- Worst Middleweight Champ Ever?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Miguel Cotto -- Worst Middleweight Champ Ever?

Cotto fought 4 rounds against a guy that came in flat after being weight drained with a catch weight...after a year off and holding the strap hostage..but he needs a vacation now before he will fight Canelo? to my knowledge he wasn't even injured, just contract hunting.. Pfft.
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bzkfn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ruthless rocco View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bzkfn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    Cotto beat Martinez for the middle weight title

Only 2 fights before the majority on this forum had Martinez lb4lb best in the world behind only the bell end

Cotto beat an injured Martinez not the top P4P Martinez...and he never fought at middleweight again. Not even last night. What a bitch pussy!
    I love that everyone predicted Cotto would murder Martinez in that way, and had absolutely no interest in the fight before watching.
    I called it a Cotto KO for the prediction contest.

It should have come as no surprise...but boxing fans can be a bit thick when it comes to logic, reasoning and critical thinking.
    After Trout, most people on here thought Cotto was done, and didn't feel that a win over Delvin Rodriguez would offer anything to beat Martinez.
    Go back farther and many said he was done after Pac man.
    Apparently some of us don't want to take the reality pill. Not U, just saying....
    However:
    Catch weights are (now) apart of our sport. One would have to be an ass out hypocrite to call Cotto on requesting a certain weight and not Floyd or Pac.
    To be Angry at him for a MW title, then so, too should we be for Pac making history fighting for a JMW belt he never earned not defended.

And that Martinez excuse is really imo is pussified.

20 years ago fighters commonly fought with injuries...and never cried, bitched or moaned to the media outlets of their day about it.
    Frazier fought with a bad retina, Pryor did too. Julian Jackson fought McClellan II with an injured vertebrae and a detached retina...but we didn'thear those warriors bitch and moan about it. SIx days before Holmes vs Norton, Holmes tore a tendon in his bicep, yet he scrapped like an alley dog trying to get to fuck the neighborhood bitch in heat.

Because of that .......fans never defended their losing fighter with injury excuses.
    Martinez got his ass whooped by Cotto, point blank or he should have stayed his injured butt in hospice care.

Cotto= warrior.

And now the old dog wants Canelo?
    Cotto=warrior.
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Eh he wont even fight the man guy at the weight now so i don't know GGG getting the Hagler treatment. Now with this next fight and god knows how long it will be till GGG can get a shot at Lineal title. I mean not like GGG not been fighting every mw he can just sucks for the guy really.

Mentioned
    944 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cotto = Warrior ? *

* See footnote #

# as in prima donna - as in check the really small print @

@ Warrior - Small Puerto Rican Guy, likes to wear gaudy pink shorts and circa 1992 tribal tattoos. Used to moan about being made to drop below a divisional weight by opponents and now does exactly the same thing while avoiding the man to beat in the division, and yet holding onto the belt, less his colourful shorts fall down
    Last edited by Beanz; 06-08-2015 at 02:47 PM.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    Cotto beat Martinez for the middle weight title

Only 2 fights before the majority on this forum had Martinez lb4lb best in the world behind only the bell end

Cotto beat an injured Martinez not the top P4P Martinez...and he never fought at middleweight again. Not even last night. What a bitch pussy!
    Yep thought there would be a reason behind it
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cotto isn't a middleweight. He's using his titles to his advantage in negotiating with Canelo et al. He's a middleweight champion in title only.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

LOL at the hate being poured on Cotto who just dispatched Geale with amazing ease.

Again... I'm not a catchweight fan either. But haters act like Cotto invented the catchweight, FFS. Hate is a funny thing. It skews the thinking of otherwise sane and logical people. All of a sudden Cotto is a "ducker".... is not a warrior (when he's always been known as one prior to).... and pretty much is the devil incarnate. Wow....

As has been said by various posters, Cotto saw an opportunity to take the MW title and become the first Puerto Rican (not Porto Rican, @Greenbeanz ) fighter to win titles in four different weight divisions. Martinez offered that opportunity. No one is arguing that Martinez was 100%.... but at the same time, no one put a gun to Martinez's head to take the fight.... and he was cleared by the responsible authorities. The punches that put Martinez down multiple times in the first round were not landed on the knee, contrary to popular belief. Amazingly enough, they were landed to the head and body. Martinez, as everyone else, was taken by surprise by Cotto's aggressive attack from the get-go. Rather than a feeling out round, Cotto went out for blood. Would a healthier Martinez prevailed against that Cotto? Who knows? Personally, I think the overconfidence would've still led to his demise.

Had the same opportunity be offered to another fighter.... would have he been as criticized for taking it as Cotto has been criticized? I'd like to think so. Otherwise, it's just hate.

Now Cotto is the "worst MW champion ever" after only 2 fights in the division? LOL..... what a crock. But the thread author is Rocco, so no surprise there. This is a guy who froths at the mouth just talking about Pac and his PED use, mentioning it 47 straight times in a single thread. So hate is nothing new to our friend.

Cotto is not a true MW. I know this..... Cotto knows this..... pretty much everybody knows this. Chances are he will NOT fight GGG. Someone posted that Cotto is fighting guys that are bigger than him, and why doesn't GGG do the same. I like GGG, but I have to agree on that one. For Golovkin to emulate Cotto, he'd have to call out Ward and ask him to come down a few pounds. That would be a much better test of GGG's quality as a fighter.

Cotto is a prima donna and wants everything his way? Wow... what a revelation! First fighter to have traversed the career Cotto has, and then demanded things be done his way. No one else has ever done that. Not Floyd.... not RJJ..... not DLH..... nobody. Cotto is the first.... the one and only. No wonder the haters hate.

Cotto is holding up the MW division. Yeah... because his is the only title that exists in the MW division, as opposed to all the other weight divisions that have a handful of titles. But it's Cotto, so the division is now paralyzed. Man.... this stuff is funny. The guy doesn't realize the power he has over boxing.

Good stuff.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Blah Blah BLAH....

Cotto took the title from a cripple.

FACT.

Cotto hasn't fought a middleweight fight since and it's been a year since he won the title.

FACT.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well hey, they must be facts... seeing as to how you used the size 20 font.

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Do people actually know you could fight at MW and be 10 stone 6 lbs . 160LBS is the limit. If his challengers want to come in at 160lbs then don't sign a stupid contract agreeing to be less.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Some of you are incredible morons... Haha!!!

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    944 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    LOL at the hate being poured on Cotto who just dispatched Geale with amazing ease.

Again... I'm not a catchweight fan either. But haters act like Cotto invented the catchweight, FFS. Hate is a funny thing. It skews the thinking of otherwise sane and logical people. All of a sudden Cotto is a "ducker".... is not a warrior (when he's always been known as one prior to).... and pretty much is the devil incarnate. Wow....

As has been said by various posters, Cotto saw an opportunity to take the MW title and become the first Puerto Rican (not Porto Rican, @Greenbeanz ) fighter to win titles in four different weight divisions. Martinez offered that opportunity. No one is arguing that Martinez was 100%.... but at the same time, no one put a gun to Martinez's head to take the fight.... and he was cleared by the responsible authorities. The punches that put Martinez down multiple times in the first round were not landed on the knee, contrary to popular belief. Amazingly enough, they were landed to the head and body. Martinez, as everyone else, was taken by surprise by Cotto's aggressive attack from the get-go. Rather than a feeling out round, Cotto went out for blood. Would a healthier Martinez prevailed against that Cotto? Who knows? Personally, I think the overconfidence would've still led to his demise.

Had the same opportunity be offered to another fighter.... would have he been as criticized for taking it as Cotto has been criticized? I'd like to think so. Otherwise, it's just hate.

Now Cotto is the "worst MW champion ever" after only 2 fights in the division? LOL..... what a crock. But the thread author is Rocco, so no surprise there. This is a guy who froths at the mouth just talking about Pac and his PED use, mentioning it 47 straight times in a single thread. So hate is nothing new to our friend.

Cotto is not a true MW. I know this..... Cotto knows this..... pretty much everybody knows this. Chances are he will NOT fight GGG. Someone posted that Cotto is fighting guys that are bigger than him, and why doesn't GGG do the same. I like GGG, but I have to agree on that one. For Golovkin to emulate Cotto, he'd have to call out Ward and ask him to come down a few pounds. That would be a much better test of GGG's quality as a fighter.

Cotto is a prima donna and wants everything his way? Wow... what a revelation! First fighter to have traversed the career Cotto has, and then demanded things be done his way. No one else has ever done that. Not Floyd.... not RJJ..... not DLH..... nobody. Cotto is the first.... the one and only. No wonder the haters hate.

Cotto is holding up the MW division. Yeah... because his is the only title that exists in the MW division, as opposed to all the other weight divisions that have a handful of titles. But it's Cotto, so the division is now paralyzed. Man.... this stuff is funny. The guy doesn't realize the power he has over boxing.

Good stuff.
    Well at least you passed your eye test. I stand corrected.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

everyone bitching and moaning about the weight, Geale said he made weight fine and weighed somewhere in the mid 170's fight night, Cotto was suspected to be around 160, so he still beat the fuck out of a guy who outweighed him by 15 lbs. gtfo of here with all that bullshit, Alvarez/Cotto most likely is going to take place at 154, and some dumb shits seem to forget his career before MW trying to act like if the guy has been a cherry picker like other fighter *COUGH* KHAN *COUGH*, he's fought everyone, and I MEAN FOUGHT, he's a warrior and anyone trying to discredit that FACT is just fucking stupid lol

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cotto is a considerably better fighter than Sebastian Zbik, so that answers the title of this thread straight away.
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Thread Information