Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: The all you need to know about covid thread

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    I don’t know what your saying Brock and the zoom crew I just report what is going on. The store next door the lady was sitting behind a desk with no mask. ItS her store I’m not going to tell her to wear one. The point being I report what I see rather than just relying on the news. It’s good to report what you are experiencing I’d like to hear how things are in other peoples area

Over here it's quiet. No mask drama, or at most very little. No fistfights over masks... no videoed meltdowns on Facebook... no one encouraging others to burn their masks... nothing. Every once in a while we'll hear about someone who got admonished or even detained for not wearing a mask in a public establishment. For the most part people just wear the damn things. In fact, I've seen people get out of their cars and head toward the store..... realize they forgot their mask..... and turn around and go get it.

I never thought facemasks would be the next great battleground in the U.S.
    Pretty much the same here really. Yes the media in the US likes to hype everything else but what you just stated is pretty much which everyone I talk to here is experiencing. Those are people in various states and economic conditions. I’ll let the media report what it wishes. We have over 360 million people here. Your country is similar in size and population to my state. Texas is bigger than France right? Or are they equal size? I’m sure if I dig around my state I could find some mask burners but I’ll leave that to the media, they have more time

The US is so big and diverse, though. You have huge, urban areas as well as sprawling rural areas. You have all kinds of people. Other countries had the advantage of having only one voice. In the U.S. they chose to leave it up to each individual State. That makes it seem like 50 different countries. Each governor, hell.... each mayor... has their own ideas of the risks involved with COVID. It's a setup for failure, really... if we're honest. Not finger-pointing right now.... not assigning blame... just calling it like I see it. Homogeneous societies and governments seem to work a hell of a lot better in times like these, when you need uniformity and one coherent direction. Otherwise it's like one big mountain of chaos.

Given those conditions, it's very possible that you see calm and cooperation where you live..... but two counties over or two cities over it's a hell of a lot different. There's also a well-known culture in the States regarding the paranoia over someone coming to take your rights away. It's detrimental in times like these. You have some cautioning about the need for masks..... and you have others on the opposite with the "cold dead hands" attitude.

Yeah... media has its agenda. But that doesn't take away from the realities everyone sees.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

yeah this really has nothing to do with the media. The fist fight I saw at Aldi's had nothing to do with the media and the shoving match I saw at a Indian supermarket between a Nepali and a white guy trying to enter really had nothing at all to do with the media either.

This is happening everywhere. Security guards was shot by customers who returned with a gun after they were denied entry for failure to wear a mask in Oklahoma and Arkansas and in Tennessee.

This is happening everywhere and it has nothing to do with media.

This is a mountain of chaos.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don’t know what your saying Brock and the zoom crew I just report what is going on. The store next door the lady was sitting behind a desk with no mask. ItS her store I’m not going to tell her to wear one. The point being I report what I see rather than just relying on the news. It’s good to report what you are experiencing I’d like to hear how things are in other peoples area

Over here it's quiet. No mask drama, or at most very little. No fistfights over masks... no videoed meltdowns on Facebook... no one encouraging others to burn their masks... nothing. Every once in a while we'll hear about someone who got admonished or even detained for not wearing a mask in a public establishment. For the most part people just wear the damn things. In fact, I've seen people get out of their cars and head toward the store..... realize they forgot their mask..... and turn around and go get it.

Pretty much the same here really. Yes the media in the US likes to hype everything else but what you just stated is pretty much which everyone I talk to here is experiencing. Those are people in various states and economic conditions. I’ll let the media report what it wishes. We have over 360 million people here. Your country is similar in size and population to my state. Texas is bigger than France right? Or are they equal size? I’m sure if I dig around my state I could find some mask burners but I’ll leave that to the media, they have more time

The US is so big and diverse, though. You have huge, urban areas as well as sprawling rural areas. You have all kinds of people. Other countries had the advantage of having only one voice. In the U.S. they chose to leave it up to each individual State. That makes it seem like 50 different countries. Each governor, hell.... each mayor... has their own ideas of the risks involved with COVID. It's a setup for failure, really... if we're honest. Not finger-pointing right now.... not assigning blame... just calling it like I see it. Homogeneous societies and governments seem to work a hell of a lot better in times like these, when you need uniformity and one coherent direction. Otherwise it's like one big mountain of chaos.

Given those conditions, it's very possible that you see calm and cooperation where you live..... but two counties over or two cities over it's a hell of a lot different. There's also a well-known culture in the States regarding the paranoia over someone coming to take your rights away. It's detrimental in times like these. You have some cautioning about the need for masks..... and you have others on the opposite with the "cold dead hands" attitude.

Yeah... media has its agenda. But that doesn't take away from the realities everyone sees.
    Pretty much what I said. We can’t compare the US and Puerto Rico, we may compare a state with Puerto Rico. With the diversity as I said I’m sure I could find mask burners in my state if I had time to investigate. Overall I think the majority just go with the flow. The outliers are the mask burners and those who refuse to leave their house. As far as our government set up, that’s really how it’s supposed to be. The local leaders should now what’s going on in their areas and make proper judgements. If you don’t feel they are making proper judgements that is another story. It’s a Jeffersonian democracy.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

it can be a strength but in this case it is the Achilles heel and China has scored a knockout punch without firing one shot

When dealing with something as ubiquitous as a pandemic you cannot have a patchwork of different areas doing different things as the virus does not care about that

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think I mentioned my neighbor is a physicians assistant at a local city hospital and he had been treating wuhan victims since day one. We bullshit once in a while if we are doing yard work or will offer to help each other after a storm or something so we are friendly. He had a party last weekend, it was a family thing but I couldn’t help but take note they weren’t wearing masks. Since it was immediate family I would guess he has the ability to have everyone tested I can only guess that’s what is going on as I haven’t been able to talk with him in a couple weeks. I did find it funny a doctor, or close to a doctor, having a party and no one wearing a mask, not funny in a conspiracy way, more in an irony way. I’m not here to argue about masks, that’s done enough around here. Everyone is free to believe as they wish or blame who they wish etc, I was just pointing a few things out, that’s all I can do.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pretty much what I said. We can’t compare the US and Puerto Rico, we may compare a state with Puerto Rico. With the diversity as I said I’m sure I could find mask burners in my state if I had time to investigate. Overall I think the majority just go with the flow. The outliers are the mask burners and those who refuse to leave their house. As far as our government set up, that’s really how it’s supposed to be. The local leaders should now what’s going on in their areas and make proper judgements. If you don’t feel they are making proper judgements that is another story. It’s a Jeffersonian democracy.

Not really comparing the US and PR. Actually comparing the US with other large countries and sort of with the rest of the world. Again... just pointing out the futility of having a loose arrangement on who's really in charge. Again... not a Trump jab (this time) but rather an observation. Letting States do what they will is ok for some things.... maybe not for others. If there is global knowledge on the virus and the measures to be taken, maybe it should be the federal government taking charge. Yes... second guessing is obviously an advantage... but like they say, hindsight is 20/20. Just think some things should've been centrally mandated, not left up to individual states.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not really comparing the US and PR. Actually comparing the US with other large countries and sort of with the rest of the world. Again... just pointing out the futility of having a loose arrangement on who's really in charge. Again... not a Trump jab (this time) but rather an observation. Letting States do what they will is ok for some things.... maybe not for others. If there is global knowledge on the virus and the measures to be taken, maybe it should be the federal government taking charge. Yes... second guessing is obviously an advantage... but like they say, hindsight is 20/20. Just think some things should've been centrally mandated, not left up to individual states.
    I can accept that. Makes sense. In this case since individual states have the power to mandate and were given guidelines and the equivalent of their budget to manage things I think the federal government met its mandate. One thing is for certain beauracracy is slowing the spread of information to the people. That I find annoying. At the start of this thing we were told masks may actually increase the likelyhood of getting this thing. I don’t hang on that statement today just saying it was confusing. That may have been when China was still saying it wasn’t transmissible between people I can’t keep track of it all now. My state obviously fucked up by having over 70% of the deaths be in nursing homes. The fed did step in regarding the nursing home issue. As far as it’s current rate of transmission did this thing mutate to where it’s more easily transmissible? That could be a possibility.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

its on its 4th mutation and this last one is 300% more transmissable. Antibodies wont do shit. People who recovered from Feb infections have anitbodies that dont protect them against the 2nd, 3rd or 4th mutations. CHina has scored a knockout blow without even firing a single shot.

50 million unemployed since March.

Let that sink in for a minute.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just found this, odd I was just wondering if the virus mutated and is more easily transmitted. Appears to be the case, apparently it’s less lethal and doesn’t make you as sick. I said before the two people at my company who had it didn’t know they had it. They recovered fine. My friends girlfriend went through the same thing. Fortunate for her as she has MS

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn...udy/index.html

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    I have the urge to to lick random surfaces during pandemics
    We know, Walrus. And we love you for it.
    Thanks miles, I’d say so far this is the best wuhan thread on the forum. I will not allow others to corner the market on this l will have my wuhan say
    i saw somewhere they were wanting to make it hate speech for referring to it china virus or something. clowns
    Walrus begged to be called a racist for copying his high orange priest and using the term.

Didn't happen.
    someones feeling left out. here to seek some attention
    Said without a trace of irony.

Don't you get it?

Can you not see the difference between me commenting on and reminding Wally of a huge thread in which he tried for weeks to get someone to call him a Nazi instead of a Nancy and you just repeating the same trite phrase to try and and invalidate me saying anything rather than putting your big boy pants on and contributing something with the grown ups?
    you want attention. that's why you brought up walrus. no one cares. it's only in your spastic little mind

I brought up Walrus because it is his thread as was the other one. Saying things like Spastic little mind and sperging out is not clever chum, it just demonstrates your own issues. I have a friend with cerebral palsy who can only use his right foot and head with any kind of real motor control and communicates with an I-pad and a head pointer and he is far less twisted than you. Let it go mate it drags you down.
    you brought up walrus because you want to create drama & to get attention & then play the victim. i don't call you names to be clever. i call you them because that's what i believe you are. i'd kick your friends butt at the hokey pokey & he'd love that you refer to him as twisted. some friend you are. once you pull your head in i'll stop beating it like a drum

Actually he has a dance degree and a great sense of humor so he would probably not be that interested in watching you shake it all about. He is twisted, that is why it is called palsy. His whole body has shrunken tendons and muscles in constant states of tension that make him twist in on himself. His muscle definition is unbelievable and so he has for years been a very high in demand nude life model, i have photographed him myself. My Mrs has the same palsy all down the right side of her body, in her case following a stroke.

There is no drama and nobody is playing the victim. It is Walrus' daft thread and that is why i mentioned him.
    i don't refer to friends by their appearance. that's black mike & big nose charlie. it's just mike & charlie. i know what palsy is & i'm not interested in your life story

Ha! Get you. I don't refer to people by their appearance either. And yet you literally call me a spergy spastic and don't see the irony ?

You are a fucking idiot.
    go back & read it again spergy. i don't refer to friends by their appearance. i have no idea what you look like & you are not my friend. but you act like a spergy spastic so i treat you like one
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Maaaaaaan, all these doctors and nurses, microbiologists and immunologists keep saying covid is Dangerous, but all these people on facebook, and others I went to school with that barely passed basic science say its not dangerous and that we should not wear masks, Its so hard to know who to believe anymore.

Thread Information