Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Beterbiev vs Barrera April 21st

All confirmed to go down in Miami. This should be an awesome fight. Barrera bounced back in impressive fashion over Shabranskyy and Beterbiev is just a beast. Can't wait.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Beterbiev vs Barrera April 21st

Fights like this make the division hot. Stern test for Beterbiev. He has some holes when he comes in. Barrera better than initially thought and feels like guaranteed fireworks this one.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Fights like this make the division hot. Stern test for Beterbiev. He has some holes when he comes in. Barrera better than initially thought and feels like guaranteed fireworks this one.
    Both have shown defensive lapses and that they can be hurt. This one has the makings of a classic.

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Artur Beterbiev is now officially confirmed to fight Sullivan Barrera after Beterbiev’s team won the purse bid.

The Fight will be Miami, Florida on April 21st. According to BoxingScene Beterbiev’s promoter had this to say “"It is with great pride and confidence that we see the fight in Miami. In order to allow maximum visibility for Beterbiev… Sullivan Barrera, could not cross the Canadian border, we had promised that this fight would take place in the United States, "said GYM president Yvon Michel.

Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sounds like Kathy Duva didn't want the fight at first and Barrera, demanded it. Kudos to Barrera. I just hope the kid doesn't regret that later and hopefully sparring with GGG has prepped him for the power shots coming his way. The range that ward (a light puncher in the division) dropped Barrera in is the one that Beterbiev drops many of his opponents in. Barreras best be it to use in an out movements and a jab to keep beterbiev from planting his feet. Mixing the attack upstairs and down gives him a better chance... but i think this ones going to be settled in the pocket. The man with the hardest counters is gonna win. At this point, i'm leaning towards Beterbiev. hopefully, abel does his job and pulls Barrera's potential off the chopping block before too much damage is done, if this goes the way i think it will.
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by J_Undisputed View Post
    Sounds like Kathy Duva didn't want the fight at first and Barrera, demanded it. Kudos to Barrera. I just hope the kid doesn't regret that later and hopefully sparring with GGG has prepped him for the power shots coming his way. The range that ward (a light puncher in the division) dropped Barrera in is the one that Beterbiev drops many of his opponents in. Barreras best be it to use in an out movements and a jab to keep beterbiev from planting his feet. Mixing the attack upstairs and down gives him a better chance... but i think this ones going to be settled in the pocket. The man with the hardest counters is gonna win. At this point, i'm leaning towards Beterbiev. hopefully, abel does his job and pulls Barrera's potential off the chopping block before too much damage is done, if this goes the way i think it will.
    Barrera deserves all the credit in the world for forcing his promoter to make the fight he wanted. Win or lose he's already earned my respect. Jeff Page Jr put Beterbiev down before getting beat up, there wasn't much on it, more of a pushing right but it did get through. Ward caught Barrera on the top of the head. Those shots can shake up the equilibrium. This should be an excellent scrap.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This has been canceled. Barrera apparently never signed the contract.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Seriously? I was looking forward to this fight.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    Seriously? I was looking forward to this fight.
    Me too. Not sure if I can post links here or not. But it's on the net.

Thread Information