428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Errol Spence vs Mikey Garcia

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    I don’t disagree with the crux of you two, but surely the fight increases lomas chances all around? Mikey putting on the weight and taking a beating can only hurt him going back down. He spoke well and seemed completely fine in the post fight stuff and all though, and looked/fought like he just didn’t cut weight rather than moved up, so i see the case.
    Surely taking a beating never helps and “accepting defeat” makes accepting defeat easier the next time. I only mean directly nothing can be taken from this. Mikey couldn’t get Spence’s respect to slow him down enough to get his own stuff going. With Mikey’s power at 135 Loma would have to respect the power. The question is the same as always between them. Can Mikey turn with Loma and punch, if you can the matrix movement goes out the window like it did against Pedraza. It looks great against people that lack that talent but it simply doesn’t work against people that have talented feet of their own. Does Mikey turn with Loma and shoot the right? If so it turns into a heads up boxing match. Then it is Mikey’s power vs Loma boxing straight up. Very interesting.

I look at it as I look at GGG vs Brook. That destruction didn’t mean anything about how good Brook was at 147 because Brook didn’t have fight altering power at 160. It’s like Rigo at 130, not really Rigo. Etcetera
    Mikey, Brook and Rigo could all beat world-class fighters in those elevated divisons, what they couldn't do was compete with three elite bigger men who not only had a size and strength advantage but also equal skills.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lets stop blowing smoke up Errol's ass.
    He beat an already damaged and overated Kell Brook, a drug cheat in Peterson and a tailor made midget 2 weight classes out of his league.
    He's still got a lot to do to be remotely considered a P4P king like some of you lot are claiming.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pavlik View Post
    Mikey is a great fighter, respect a guy chasing greatness.

Spence get Crawford/Thurman/Pacquiao

Mikey, defend your belt, get right and fight Loma
    Might need to prove he is okay first. Lomachenko likely works him over with the output and angles.

I honestly think Manny has it in him to knock Spence out. Manny is not done and is a freak of nature.
    You Have to be kidding me. If JMM flattened Manny imagine what Spence would do. Im a realist Manny at this point maybe beats Danny Garcia and Mikey Garcia but the rest of the top welters, no way.
    Marquez is the only one in years. Manny has been fighting bigger men and seldom been rocked. He loves it when a fighter comes to fight. He is like Duran. Hands of stone and sure a Hearns can happen but Manny is game. Spence is nothing he hasn't seen. It is something different for Spence though. Manny will Bradley him.

I love that everyone is writing him off. Love it.

I'm a Manny fan, and IMO Manny would fare better against Spence than Mikey did. (At least make it more interesting). But ever since the Floyd fight, where Manny totally disappointed with his puzzling rushing in style.... I just don't see where he'd be able to beat or much less dominate an all-around fighters like Spence.
    I just see Manny being able to time Spence and put him down a few times. He is still incredible fast and awkward. The only thing that has changed for me is he fights more conservatively. He fights with pockets of explosion and otherwise uses a lot of maturity.

Sure he did not look good against Horn but he still had him wobbled and out on his feet. That and Mayweather are the only fights where you say 'Nah', but otherwise he is still very solid. Marquez wouldn't rematch for a reason. Even in that Manny was messing him up.

I'll give Manny a pass on Horn, as any fighter can have a bad day and that's precisely what he had. But Mayweather? The fight fans had been waiting for for ages? (albeit a bit later than we would've liked) Manny was supposed to put on a show there. Be the first one to beat Floyd. Yet his awkward rushes were strangely ineffective. Those "pockets of explosion" you mention.... I know he's had them in the past. That's how he beat De La Hoya, Cotto, and totally plastered Margarito, who was twice his size. Because he came in punching effectively. Against Floyd, he would rush him but then what? Nothing. It just became a tangle of arms and awkwardness. Floyd was never even close to being hurt.... or buzzed.

Since then I haven't seen the previous version of Manny. Still impressive at his age.... lots of credit for that. But he seems to have lost that ability to come in firing with both hands.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Spence doiminated the fight and got stronger the longer the fight went on. Spence walked down Garcia in the last third of the fight and is the best in the division. Crawford v Spence would be the best fight in the division but think they will be kept apart which is a big shame.
    Yeah, they are looking at Pacquiao hard. If not PAC it will be Porter, they’ve already agreed on that. After that you have Thurman if his balls ever drop, hopefully he just retires. Then it is Crawford. Damn shame.
    Yes, after seeing that performance from Spence, I think Thurman, based on his last fight, is not at that level anymore
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

HE WON’T FACE ME Errol Spence next fight: Welterweight champion doubts Floyd Mayweather will come back, eyes Manny Pacquiao instead

The new star wants to test himself against a future Hall of Famer

Errol Spence believes Floyd Mayweather is too smart to come out of retirement and fight him in his prime.

The IBF welterweight king defended his title with a comprehensive decision win over Mikey Garcia on Saturday and is already weighing up options for his ring return.

Both Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao were ringside as part of the 47,000 crowd at the AT&T Stadium to watch Spence’s biggest fight to date, prompting questions to the champ about whether he’d like to face them.

“That is where the real money’s at,” the 29-year-old admitted on Speak For Yourself when asked about Mayweather, “But Floyd retired.

“I actually talked with Floyd and Floyd said he has no ambitions of coming back. So Floyd’s gone.

“I don’t think he’s scared.

“Floyd’s a smart businessman, he’s very smart with how he goes about things, calculated.

“So I don’t think Floyd will fight me, I’m young, I’m in my prime, we sparred before so we have history.

“So I don’t think that he’ll come out of retirement to fight somebody that’s as young, as in his prime and as skilful as myself.”

Pacquiao, however, is an entirely different story.

The 40-year-old Filipino legend is still active and competing at a high level in the welterweight division, explaining Spence’s decision to call him out after beating Garcia.

“He just beat Adrien Broner on pay-per-view,” Spence continued, “He actually holds the record for the most tickets sold at the AT&T Stadium.

“I feel like it only makes sense for me and Manny Pacquiao to fight back at the AT&T Stadium and break his record, maybe have 70,000 seats there.”

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/5...anny-pacquiao/

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

UNIFICATION Shawn Porter thinks Errol Spence will be his next fight and is willing to travel to opponent’s hometown

The WBC and IBF welterweight champions are being lined up to bring their belts together

Shawn Porter believes his next fight will be against Errol Spence.

The WBC welterweight king defended his crown in a controversial split decision win over Yordenis Ugas on March 9.

A week later, the IBF champ shut out Mikey Garcia and now a unification bout is being touted between the pair.

When asked about his own next move, Porter told a group of reporters: “I think we got Errol Spence next, man, we’ll see. Oh yeah, that’s a pay-per-view fight…

“I’m already back in the gym, I’m already back doing everything it takes to be ready for whenever that call comes for that fight.”

Porter previously held the IBF welterweight belt, but lost it to Kell Brook in 2014.

Spence took the belt back to America by stopping Brook three years later, while Porter beat Danny Garcia to pick up the WBC last September.

Now, both Americans have titles and a unification seems inevitable.

“I might have to go into his back yard in Dallas to get the job done,” Porter continued, “But Marvin [Hagler] did it. I love Marvin, I’mma do it, too.

“Right now, all of it is just talk, I’ve gotta get in there and do it.

“Like I’ve said before, I’m not afraid to get in there and do it.”

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/5...ce-next-fight/

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Porter needs to really cut that hair, he looks like a giddy 10 yr old. If he approaches Spence like he did Ugas he is going to get smoked.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I hope this fight comes off. It’s about time for a top welterweight to actually fight him.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Is it just me or does Porter reminds other people of Jamie Foxx?

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Porter needs to really cut that hair, he looks like a giddy 10 yr old. If he approaches Spence like he did Ugas he is going to get smoked.

I dont think he has a choice, thats why i dont care to see Porter get Spence. If he cant bum rush a guy and maul he becomes limited and somewhat pedestrian trying to pick his spots. Ugas was big and strong enough to keep him honest and at a distance, Spence will just beat him up.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I dont think he has a choice, thats why i dont care to see Porter get Spence. If he cant bum rush a guy and maul he becomes limited and somewhat pedestrian trying to pick his spots. Ugas was big and strong enough to keep him honest and at a distance, Spence will just beat him up.
    Yeh agree on that, at some point he'll have to revert just to survive because no way Spence lets him do that passive Peter pan imitation on the outside without paying a heavy tax. I much prefer the club swinging cro mag version. At least it makes a fight. On the plus side Porter apparently thinks he can duplicate Marvin Hagler.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Guess it just must be me.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Guess it just must be me.

You have a point.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I’m a big advocate for fighters cleaning out their division. I’m not a huge fan of fighters hopping around divisions and hand picking fights from there. To me, it’s more impressive to clean out a division than it is to move up and fight a better fighter. The reason is because you have all different styles you have to deal with in order to clean out the division. If you jump around then you can dodge whoever you want and use that as an excuse

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post

I’m a big advocate for fighters cleaning out their division. I’m not a huge fan of fighters hopping around divisions and hand picking fights from there. To me, it’s more impressive to clean out a division than it is to move up and fight a better fighter. The reason is because you have all different styles you have to deal with in order to clean out the division. If you jump around then you can dodge whoever you want and use that as an excuse
    You have different styles regardless, it all depends on the fights. I agree completely hopping weights CAN be a way of dodging guys, but in this case it certainly wouldnt be. Crawford is THE fight for Spence, if that cant happen, what is he left with. Thurman wont fight him, Manny wont fight him, Garcia lost his last two fights, i had Porter losing his last fight so he could easily be 1-2 in his last 3. You really wouldnt rather see Spence fight Hurd, Munguia, Charlo, Harrison, Lara, etc? One of those would be an excuse not to fight..... Shawn porter? Just saying.

Thread Information