Default Re: Pac vs Horn..do we care?

[QUOTE=palmerq;1437468]
    Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pavlik View Post
    Funny thing is even those youtube channels that are legitimate Pacquiao haters are in unison that this was a robbery. I guess we can draw conclusion with that, they have no dog in that fight. I also am curious how much the fighters weighed at fight night. Horn looked like a junior middleweight standing next to Pac and yet. PAC almost stopped him in the 9th. Its hard to hate on Horn though, seems like a amiable and humble guy, compared to most fighters, i wish him the best.
    Only thing with Horn that annoyed me was the walking stick/gloves thing, fucks sake mate, you have just beat someone who is clearly well past their prime and you are calling out someone who is clearly having their last fight (albeit a joke of a fight but the cunt is getting $100+ mill from it) why not beat the other guys in the division before coming out with that sort of shite.

I still think it is tough on Horn to call it a robbery though, I don't know what the actual score cards were but if they were close I don't see how anyone can have any complaints.
    I had it 7 to 5 for Pac and that is being generous to Horn for the 2 really close rounds I gave to him. So considering round 9 was a 8-10 round that makes it a 9 to 3 round for Pac. At least from a Pactard like me.
    That isn't how scoring works
    maths has never been my strong point but I think what he meant is that he scored it 115/113 but if you give a 10/8 round then it was 116/112

I could be massively wrong with that I don't know, maybe he wasn't saying that at all and maybe my maths is off massively, I don't know
    if it's a 10-8 round it would be 115-112 instead of 113... pacman wouldnt gain an extra point horn just loses one..

anyway I think i need to watch it again too, i didnt see it as controversial in anyway, I think compu box can be pretty bad at counting body punches which is what horn did a lot of, or maybe I am even worse at counting them, I really cant believe the punch stats.
    And that my friend is the exact reason why I am not a mathematician, I'm fucking useless.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

for the record, I score fights right at the time, its just when trying to figure other peoples numbers out that I get confused...its strange because I feel like I should be good at maths but anything that is slightly complicated I go full retard

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Funny thing is even those youtube channels that are legitimate Pacquiao haters are in unison that this was a robbery. I guess we can draw conclusion with that, they have no dog in that fight. I also am curious how much the fighters weighed at fight night. Horn looked like a junior middleweight standing next to Pac and yet. PAC almost stopped him in the 9th. Its hard to hate on Horn though, seems like a amiable and humble guy, compared to most fighters, i wish him the best.
    Only thing with Horn that annoyed me was the walking stick/gloves thing, fucks sake mate, you have just beat someone who is clearly well past their prime and you are calling out someone who is clearly having their last fight (albeit a joke of a fight but the cunt is getting $100+ mill from it) why not beat the other guys in the division before coming out with that sort of shite.

I still think it is tough on Horn to call it a robbery though, I don't know what the actual score cards were but if they were close I don't see how anyone can have any complaints.
    I had it 7 to 5 for Pac and that is being generous to Horn for the 2 really close rounds I gave to him. So considering round 9 was a 8-10 round that makes it a 9 to 3 round for Pac. At least from a Pactard like me.
    I'm going to have to watch the fight again because I definitely had it a hell of a lot closer than that and I was definitely swinging towards Horn, granted I may have (unknowingly) scored it whilst judging Pac on his former status but maybe the pactards were judging through rose tinted glasses.

I've always loved pac as a fighter so I'd like to think I was neutral but we all know that it is easy to be swung by the commentary and I was watching on BoxNation who also had Horn as winning.
    Did you stay up to watch the fight?
    Nah, it wasn't worth killing myself for, I only had a few hours kip the night before so I thought it was best that I got my head down.
    Saying that I always get up with the sun so I was awake at 5:30 and I watched it then so I was only a few hours behind.
    I feel betrayed.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm going to have to watch the fight again because I definitely had it a hell of a lot closer than that and I was definitely swinging towards Horn, granted I may have (unknowingly) scored it whilst judging Pac on his former status but maybe the pactards were judging through rose tinted glasses.

I've always loved pac as a fighter so I'd like to think I was neutral but we all know that it is easy to be swung by the commentary and I was watching on BoxNation who also had Horn as winning.
    Nah, it wasn't worth killing myself for, I only had a few hours kip the night before so I thought it was best that I got my head down.
    Saying that I always get up with the sun so I was awake at 5:30 and I watched it then so I was only a few hours behind.
    I feel betrayed.
    @Master

listen Buzz Killington, I had 3 hours kip on Friday night, I went to bed at 2am and was up at 5am killing aliens by squirting pretend aftershave in their eyes (that is the only way to kill aliens apparently) and running away from the fidget spinner dog that was trying to kill us...

all the time I was doing that the little brats parents were in bed enjoying a lie in, I was fucked before Buglioni even got to the ring.

also I made a conscious decision not to stay up all night so that I could go out for a drink today, I feel as though the anti social hours of boxing feeds my misanthropic ways and I am trying to reintegrate myself into society.

although I prefer to be a boxing recluse apparently it is not normal.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I feel betrayed.
    @Master

listen Buzz Killington, I had 3 hours kip on Friday night, I went to bed at 2am and was up at 5am killing aliens by squirting pretend aftershave in their eyes (that is the only way to kill aliens apparently) and running away from the fidget spinner dog that was trying to kill us...

all the time I was doing that the little brats parents were in bed enjoying a lie in, I was fucked before Buglioni even got to the ring.

also I made a conscious decision not to stay up all night so that I could go out for a drink today, I feel as though the anti social hours of boxing feeds my misanthropic ways and I am trying to reintegrate myself into society.

In that case I forgive you.

The late night boxing has improved my sleeping in the week for some strange reason.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I feel betrayed.
    @Master

The late night boxing has improved my sleeping in the week for some strange reason.
    I barely sleep at the best of times, I get by on between 4 or 5 hours sleep if I'm lucky, not because I can't sleep but because that is all I seem to need, the boxing is great though

''Oi Batman we are all going out on the piss tonight are you coming?'' sorry lads but GGG is fighting Ginger Pubers so I'm staying up to watch that
    ''Oi Batman its Daves 33rd birthday, it won't be the same if you ain't there'' sorry lads but Floyd is fighting Manny so I'm staying up to watch thaat

and then I have been known to just completely lie

''Oi Batman it's Joe's mothers sisters brothers second removed cousins 13th anniversary we are going out on the piss for it'' sorry lads but Diego is fighting Korabzynikov and I can't miss that fight so I'm staying up to watch it''

never once has anyone asked me who either Diego or Korabzynikov is, its a great excuse to get out of going out, but as I say I have decided that I need to start integrating with the great unwashed again.

On a serious note I think I have a few serious issues that I am going to try and work out before I need to see a shrink.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I feel betrayed.
    @Master

I barely sleep at the best of times, I get by on between 4 or 5 hours sleep if I'm lucky, not because I can't sleep but because that is all I seem to need, the boxing is great though

''Oi Batman we are all going out on the piss tonight are you coming?'' sorry lads but GGG is fighting Ginger Pubers so I'm staying up to watch that
    ''Oi Batman its Daves 33rd birthday, it won't be the same if you ain't there'' sorry lads but Floyd is fighting Manny so I'm staying up to watch thaat

and then I have been known to just completely lie

''Oi Batman it's Joe's mothers sisters brothers second removed cousins 13th anniversary we are going out on the piss for it'' sorry lads but Diego is fighting Korabzynikov and I can't miss that fight so I'm staying up to watch it''

never once has anyone asked me who either Diego or Korabzynikov is, its a great excuse to get out of going out, but as I say I have decided that I need to start integrating with the great unwashed again.

On a serious note I think I have a few serious issues that I am going to try and work out before I need to see a shrink.
    Eat plenty of fruit, drink water, exercise regularly and yoga. You will be back on the mend in no time.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

as much as I appreciate the sentiment that ain't gunna help, and I hate Yogi Bear

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

as much as I appreciate the sentiment that ain't gunna help, and I hate Yogi Bear
    @palmerq knows I am right.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

@palmerq knows I am right.
    I swear that the posts that master shall post, shall be the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth, so help me mods.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't normally like Roach but he come off well in this interview
    https://youtu.be/W4SXl5r3I6o

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Geeeez, you guys are full of ---- The fight wasn't shown here live so I came and listening to you fellas mostly the usual Manny "haters" & I thought Pac really lost until there was an uproar on soc-med and take note, coming from people like Lenox Lewis, Tyson. Lesson learned - never believe a word the snotty kids here say... Now, read this and learn, it sums up the what really happened yesterday:
    https://twitter.com/QPSmedia/status/881380181499297792

Well anywayz, congrats, @Andre
    Last edited by pacfan; 07-03-2017 at 12:28 PM.
    Once in awhile, get outside in fresh air, take a deep breath & with a deep sigh, let out all the things that's bottled up inside you & be free, & you'll get a glimpse of nirvana.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    I don't normally like Roach but he come off well in this interview
    https://youtu.be/W4SXl5r3I6o
    he really does, good post/video.. i hope they pay him back his 6 rolls of tape too :S

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Here's the thing. I have read multiple people having Horn winning. I've seen multiple draws too. There are definitely more who have Pac winning, but that's why this isn't a robbery. There are obviously tons of boxing fans who have scored many fights and saw Horn do well.

Most of the people who have Pac winning were celebrities who rarely watch boxing. I had not problem with the decision and I wouldn't have minded if Pac won. Close fight either way. The thing that is bad for boxing wasn't the decision but that too many boxing personalities (Atlas and fat dan in particular) are making such a big deal about it. They should have been level headed and said it was a fine decision even though they disagreed.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    Here's the thing. I have read multiple people having Horn winning. I've seen multiple draws too. There are definitely more who have Pac winning, but that's why this isn't a robbery. There are obviously tons of boxing fans who have scored many fights and saw Horn do well.

Most of the people who have Pac winning were celebrities who rarely watch boxing. I had not problem with the decision and I wouldn't have minded if Pac won. Close fight either way. The thing that is bad for boxing wasn't the decision but that too many boxing personalities (Atlas and fat dan in particular) are making such a big deal about it. They should have been level headed and said it was a fine decision even though they disagreed.
    Agreed. There is a cancer in the sport where there are so many awful reactions. Like Screamin A Smith, this would never happen in the UFC. Not true at all. Bad decisions happen in sports with judging. The difference is in the UFC Dana White bitches about the decision and says there will be an immediate rematch. Problem solved. Here there is a rematch clause. If Pac wants it he can get his revenge. Nothing to be in an uproar about. But boxing fans don't seem to know any other way to be anymore.

You can see it so clearly in the whole Floyd/Conor bank job. UFC fans are excited. Boxing fans are furious.

Boycott this, boycott that. Perhaps just have an honest dialogue rather than getting so worked up. Call a bank job a bank job. Call a wrong decision a wrong decision. No need for the drama of calling a disputable decision a robbery. That only lessens the value when real robberies happen "yeah, that's boxing, always robberies". It's just not true. And in this case it's not true. I had Pac winning and I would be hard pressed to find 7 rounds I could give to Horn. But that doesn't mean there aren't 7 that could be.

We just got a much better fight than 9 out of 10 of us expected. And on basically free tv. Enjoy it.

Thread Information