1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Q&A Miguel Cotto!

http://www.boxingbuzz.com/peter-klitschko/jgon14.htm

Q&A Miguel Cotto!

At just 26 years of age, Puerto Rico's Miguel Angel Cotto (27-0, 22 KOs) has reached a point in his career that calls for a change.

After outgrowing the junior welterweight division, the former WBO champion is ready to make his welterweight debut in the main event at Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City, New Jersey, on Saturday against his countryman Carlos "El Indio” Quintana for the vacant WBA Welterweight Championship.

And as Saturday's showdown looms, he now finds himself vying for a permanent lease in "The House that (Arturo) Gatti Built". Pending a victorious outcome combined with Gatti out of the picture, Cotto could very well become Atlantic City's “house” fighter.

His take on that? "There is a big difference between Gatti and Miguel Cotto. Gatti has had his time. He was a world champion, but his time has passed. It is my time now to shine. I am a former world champion and I will continue to be champion. And come this Saturday, we will win like we always have. As for fighting in Atlantic City, if that's what my promotional team wants, then we will fight in Atlantic City."

Cotto is accustomed to fighting on HBO, but will this time be appearing on Showtime. About the new network: “These are things that aren't really that important. It doesn't matter what station it's on. They (Top Rank) obviously felt that this (Showtime) was a better choice. This is my job and I have always done my job well and I will continue to do so like I have been accustomed to.”

How does he feel about fighting another Puerto Rican fighter? "These are things that are out of my hands. I cannot, nor will ever, choose who my opponents will be. I have dedicated myself to my job which is to train and fight. My promotional team is devoted to choosing my opponents."

But Cotto made sure to inform his fans, "It's going to be a great night for all of the Puerto Rican people here in the United States and in Puerto Rico as well. It's going to be a great night of Puerto Rican pride."

Will Cotto be able to carry the additional weight well? "I don't know for how long it will be, but I know for the time being, I am going to feel fine. I am going to feel a lot better than I did at 140. I know that I am going to do a better job.”

Will he bring his power with him? "These are things that will never go away. If you are born with power, then you will take it will carry at all weights. A good example of that is Roberto Duran. No matter what division he fought in, he would have the same strength."

The December 2 world championship doubleheader featuring Miguel Cotto versus Carlos Quintana at Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City, New Jersey, will be televised on Showtime Championship Boxing beginning at 9 p.m. ET/PT (delayed on the west coast). Tickets for this event are on sale now and can be purchased at the Boardwalk Hall box office, by calling Ticketmaster at 1-(800)-736-1420 or by visiting www.ticketmaster.com . Ticket prices begin at $300, $200, $100, $75 and $50.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Q&A Miguel Cotto!

cc El Gamo good read.
    You must be the change you want to see in the world. --Mahatma Gandhi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Q&A Miguel Cotto!

Is this on UK TV ie Sky Sports? or box office?

Thread Information