Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  17
Dislikes Dislikes:  6
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: People freak out when humans are killed YET devour beef, chicken, pork DAILY!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: People freak out when humans are killed YET devour beef, chicken, pork DAILY!

Lyle that's precisely my point and I'm glad you said it. Because we can relate to other human beings we are feeling more empathy or let's at least say sympathy with creatures that look and behave approximately like we do. We would probably feel much worse to see a chimpanzee get killed or to be hit by a car for example then we would to see a butterfly get hit with a tennis racket.

I'm saying that we as human beings if we are at smart as we say we are should feel equal empathy with any living creature that gets killed.

if a human being is going to go ahead and eat meat then that is fine but then I would not want to see that very same human being go out and get the 🎻🎻🎻🎻🎻🎻🎻🎻🎻🎻🎻🎻🠎»πŸŽ»πŸŽ»πŸŽ»πŸŽ»πŸŽ»πŸŽ»πŸŽ»πŸŽ»πŸŽ»πŸŽ»πŸŽ»πŸŽ»

...... The moment he or she reads about some tragedy that happened to a homo sapiens creature.

El Kabong Guest

Default Re: People freak out when humans are killed YET devour beef, chicken, pork DAILY!

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    Lyle that's precisely my point and I'm glad you said it. Because we can relate to other human beings we are feeling more empathy or let's at least say sympathy with creatures that look and behave approximately like we do. We would probably feel much worse to see a chimpanzee get killed or to be hit by a car for example then we would to see a butterfly get hit with a tennis racket.

I'm saying that we as human beings if we are at smart as we say we are should feel equal empathy with any living creature that gets killed.

if a human being is going to go ahead and eat meat then that is fine but then I would not want to see that very same human being go out and get the 🎻🎻🎻🎻🎻🎻🎻🎻🎻🎻🎻🎻🠎»πŸŽ»πŸŽ»πŸŽ»πŸŽ»πŸŽ»πŸŽ»πŸŽ»πŸŽ»πŸŽ»πŸŽ»πŸŽ»πŸŽ»

...... The moment he or she reads about some tragedy that happened to a homo sapiens creature.
    If it makes you feel any better there's a lot of humans I don't give a good God damn about...serial killers, rapists, terrorists, certain AntiFA members, Communist dictators etc....those fuckers can die however painfully and slowly and I'd never bat an eye.

At the same time there are animals I feel for as well, dogs, cats, the damned animals on National Geographic they always show like a bison or whatever breaking through ice on a lake and slowly losing it's life....THAT I find heartbreaking I mean if you're not going to help the fucker at least shoot it so we don't have to watch it suffer.

Soooo yeah there's that.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You're right it's more of a mixed bag than the polarized view that I have given

I guess I'm trying to say that people should choose either one of two perspectives only if you just want to use pure logic and avoid hypocrisy:

1. Eat all the meat you want without any conscience at all then don't give a flying fuck when you hear about your next door neighbor getting shot through the head or a little girl down the street who gets run over by a Mack truck

2. Don't eat any meat at all and then you can agonize over all the human suffering that there is in the world

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You're right it's more of a mixed bag than the polarized view that I have given

I guess I'm trying to say that people should choose either one of two perspectives only if you just want to use pure logic and avoid hypocrisy:

1. Eat all the meat you want without any conscience at all then don't give a flying fuck when you hear about your next door neighbor getting shot through the head or a little girl down the street who gets run over by a Mack truck

2. Don't eat any meat at all and then you can agonize over all the human suffering that there is in the world
    This would make more sense if u didn’t eat meat. U made the whole thing moot

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A new report says a Rochester, NY., hunter may have developed an ultra-rare brain infection after eating the brains of squirrels he killed, according LiveScience.

The report was presented at the ID (infectious disease) week conference as an abstract called β€œTowards Earlier Diagnosis of Transmissible Spongiform Encephalopathies (TSEs): A Case Series, Including One Associated with Squirrel Brain Consumption.”

The report identified a 61-year-old male who was diagnosed with the rare brain infection called variant Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease after eating squirrel brains. He arrived at a hospital after suffering thinking problems and an impaired walk, according to the report. He died about five months after being diagnosed with the infection in 2015.

The disease is similar to β€œmad cow disease,” which causes tiny holes to fill the brain until the tissue looks like a sponge (which is where β€˜β€spongiform” comes from), according to the National Institutes of Health.

Be the first to know.

Read more here: https://www.ledger-enquirer.com/news...#storylink=cpy

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

#CopyPasteDerailment2.0

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    A new report says a Rochester, NY., hunter may have developed an ultra-rare brain infection after eating the brains of squirrels he killed, according LiveScience.

The report was presented at the ID (infectious disease) week conference as an abstract called β€œTowards Earlier Diagnosis of Transmissible Spongiform Encephalopathies (TSEs): A Case Series, Including One Associated with Squirrel Brain Consumption.”

The report identified a 61-year-old male who was diagnosed with the rare brain infection called variant Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease after eating squirrel brains. He arrived at a hospital after suffering thinking problems and an impaired walk, according to the report. He died about five months after being diagnosed with the infection in 2015.

The disease is similar to β€œmad cow disease,” which causes tiny holes to fill the brain until the tissue looks like a sponge (which is where β€˜β€spongiform” comes from), according to the National Institutes of Health.

Be the first to know.

Well that's odd....I've never had them before but apparently squirrel brains are quite the tasty treat to some.

Wait wait wait....

I've been called a hillbilly before and been told I live in a basement/trailer so I'll go ahead and agree that yes I have had squirrel brains before because THOSE stereotypes are ok

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Be the first to know.

Same sort of sh-t from eating human brains.

Survival of the fittest I say.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post

Be the first to know.

Well that's odd....I've never had them before but apparently squirrel brains are quite the tasty treat to some.

Wait wait wait....

I've been called a hillbilly before and been told I live in a basement/trailer so I'll go ahead and agree that yes I have had squirrel brains before because THOSE stereotypes are ok
    In the US saying trailer trash or it’s equivilent is prejudice Certain people are bigots here
    Last edited by walrus; 10-18-2018 at 07:01 PM.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I eat meat and morally I have no objection. By the same token I do not cry when people I do not know die. For instance when that three year old boy died I didn't cry and say 'Open the borders now'. I thought a) the media is using this to manipulate people b) I know what will happen now and c) What irresponsible and terrible parents to put a child in that situation.

You were in Turkey your legal first port of call but you put your child illegally and in great danger because you want to get to Canada? What is wrong with Turkey until you can sort out your legal position? As a refugee isn't that where you stay. Then wait and eventually can go home when Assad sorts it out. The child's father was eventually offered citizenship in Turkey anyway. We cannot always live with who we want when we want. This is just a fact of life. The father blaming Canada for the death is insane. You are a refugee. Be grateful that Turkey has taken you in.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    I eat meat and morally I have no objection. By the same token I do not cry when people I do not know die. For instance when that three year old boy died I didn't cry and say 'Open the borders now'. I thought a) the media is using this to manipulate people b) I know what will happen now and c) What irresponsible and terrible parents to put a child in that situation.

You were in Turkey your legal first port of call but you put your child illegally and in great danger because you want to get to Canada? What is wrong with Turkey until you can sort out your legal position? As a refugee isn't that where you stay. Then wait and eventually can go home when Assad sorts it out. The child's father was eventually offered citizenship in Turkey anyway. We cannot always live with who we want when we want. This is just a fact of life. The father blaming Canada for the death is insane. You are a refugee. Be grateful that Turkey has taken you in.
    if and when (once in a blue blue FUCKING PURPLE MOON) I DO eat meat, I realize I am a hypocrite. My muscles start twitching and quivering, I get cramps in my calfs and back, and I say "DAMMIT, I GOTTA EAT A DEEP FRIED TURKEY OR SOMETHING", I eat it, and my muscles stop twitching.

Sad, but true.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is truly a troll thread as he has made six similar

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

dont bring arithmetic into it, you just got called out rightfully so for a 2 for 1 deletion on another thread, you had copied Beanz's post BEFORE he deleted it, so its still up there in YOUR quote, but deleted in Beanz's, so 2-for-1, ratio, now you're saying "six" above about me, you cant get the numbers straight, like 11th Avenue n shitz.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

dont bring arithmetic into it, you just got called out rightfully so for a 2 for 1 deletion on another thread, you had copied Beanz's post BEFORE he deleted it, so its still up there in YOUR quote, but deleted in Beanz's, so 2-for-1, ratio, now you're saying "six" above about me, you cant get the numbers straight, like 11th Avenue n shitz.
    I do t think anything I said was deleted but I could be wrong

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You may have gotten the big double D, B.

This is starting to remind me of Bill Paxtom

@palmerq

#BringBackPaxMan

Thread Information