Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default John Ruiz Title Fights

I know the heavyweight scene has been pretty dire for a few years now but can someone please explain how john ruiz gets so many title fights. Whos his manager? Brian Epstein?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: John Ruiz Title Fights

Quote Originally Posted by johnmaff36 View Post
    I know the heavyweight scene has been pretty dire for a few years now but can someone please explain how john ruiz gets so many title fights. Whos his manager? Brian Epstein?
    The main factor now is Haye will retire Ruiz. I see a Haye KO around the 7th.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ruiz shouldn't be mandatory at this stage, we'll have to deal with it and hope that no matter who the winner is, he'll fight somebody meaningful in the meantime.
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ruiz is hands down the best opponent David Haye will ever have faced.

If haye wins, it will by a close,maybe controversial decision on the cards. If one of them gets knocked out it will be Haye late on imo.

Ruiz is hated, but he's no pushover. He only lost via split decision to Nikolay Valuev and Ruslan Chagaev and hasn't been stopped since losing to David Tua.

Since then he's fought Tony Tucker, Holyfield three times, Rahman, Jones Jr, Toney, Chagaev, Valuev etc.

Haye isn't knocking him out imo. I think Ruiz's rough and tumble style, experience and ring guile will be too much for Haye.

John Ruiz did a better job against Valuev than Haye did and he did it first, Haye got to follow the blueprint.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
    Ruiz is hands down the best opponent David Haye will ever have faced.

If haye wins, it will by a close,maybe controversial decision on the cards. If one of them gets knocked out it will be Haye late on imo.

Ruiz is hated, but he's no pushover. He only lost via split decision to Nikolay Valuev and Ruslan Chagaev and hasn't been stopped since losing to David Tua.

Since then he's fought Tony Tucker, Holyfield three times, Rahman, Jones Jr, Toney, Chagaev, Valuev etc.

Haye isn't knocking him out imo. I think Ruiz's rough and tumble style, experience and ring guile will be too much for Haye.

John Ruiz did a better job against Valuev than Haye did and he did it first, Haye got to follow the blueprint.
    Haye follwed the blueprint?? Have you seen the Ruiz Valuev fights by any chance?? Ruiz all fight fought on the inside, so how did follow the blueprint??

Ruiz will be 38 years old when he fights Haye, Haye will have him out of there imo.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

His promoter is Don King.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i tell you something, good old johnny ruiz sure is a real pain in the side........i know nearly everyone dislikes him but hes a well natured guy doing his best, he's up for every fight and has 99% of the time proved a handfull.......just look at his record..tua, tucker, holyfield 3 times, kirk johnson, roy jones, rahman, Oquendo, golota, toney, Valuev twice, Ruslan Chagaev, Jameel McCline........all apart from tua had a real hard nights work..........i'd have to say i'd fancy him to land a right on hayes chin and ko him IF RUIZ WAS IN HIS PRIME but now haye wil be to good

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by NUCLEAR BULL View Post
    i tell you something, good old johnny ruiz sure is a real pain in the side........i know nearly everyone dislikes him but hes a well natured guy doing his best, he's up for every fight and has 99% of the time proved a handfull.......just look at his record..tua, tucker, holyfield 3 times, kirk johnson, roy jones, rahman, Oquendo, golota, toney, Valuev twice, Ruslan Chagaev, Jameel McCline........all apart from tua had a real hard nights work..........i'd have to say i'd fancy him to land a right on hayes chin and ko him IF RUIZ WAS IN HIS PRIME but now haye wil be to good
    lennox wouldnt defend against ruiz as wasnt a challenge at all (plus wouldnt of made him any money) & that would of been in ruiz prime. the heavyweight scene is in a bad way except for haye & the brothers who else is out there? i pick haye to knock ruiz out inside of 8 rds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

haye should beat him and it shouldnt need the judges

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    His promoter is Don King.
    Ruiz lawyers are his best asset in the ring.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

El Kabong Guest

Ruiz's unholy alliance with Don King keeps him up in the WBA rankings...or it used to, I think he split from King either just before the Valuev or the Chagaev fight.

John Ruiz is a tough fighter, he's frustrating to watch, but he's got a decent chin, he's got deceptive power, and he has a good workrate...he could be a very tough opponent for David Haye. Anyone with decent defense and a solid workrate is going to be difficult for Haye to beat. In this case, Haye SHOULD be able to land and move out of harm's way, but the question is will he do that or will he "try to be exciting"....the answer to that question intrigues me.

If David Haye fights Evander Holyfield, David Haye WILL LOSE....no doubt about it
    Last edited by El Kabong; 11-10-2009 at 06:52 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle View Post
    Ruiz's unholy alliance with Don King keeps him up in the WBA rankings...or it used to, I think he split from King either just before the Valuev or the Chagaev fight.

John Ruiz is a tough fighter, he's frustrating to watch, but he's got a decent chin, he's got deceptive power, and he has a good workrate...he could be a very tough opponent for David Haye. Anyone with decent defense and a solid workrate is going to be difficult for Haye to beat. In this case, Haye SHOULD be able to land and move out of harm's way, but the question is will he do that or will he "try to be exciting"....the answer to that question intrigues me.

If David Haye fights Evander Holyfield, David Haye WILL LOSE....no doubt about it

that would be a good fight with hayes heavy hands & holyfields rgranite chin

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Haye would beat Holyfield easy.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Clinton Woods is the same.

Loads of "world" title shots.
    Balls

El Kabong Guest