Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  6
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

View Poll Results: Should Wilder prove he broke his arm?

Voters
7. This poll is closed
  • Yes!

5 71.43%
  • No!

1 14.29%
  • I am not going to vote in this poll!

1 14.29%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Should Wilder prove that he broke his arm?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Should Wilder prove that he broke his arm?

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    If he wants to say he broke his arm 12 weeks before camp started, whatever. The more important point to me is if he did break his arm, why negotiate for that fight AND the possible AJ fight.
    To me , that is conning the public and he should be brought before the authorities to justify that and if they feel he wasn’t 100% , withhold a portion of his purse. He’s such a thick cunt he doesn’t see this.
    He is such a desperate wanker. He’s also posted on Social media “PROOF” that it was a long count in the 12th. So there’s a stopwatch showing from the moment Fury hit the canvas, and stops at 10 seconds dead, when Fury is nearly up.
    However , the prick forgets that the count doesn’t start till he’s in an neutral corner! So when he’s standing over Fury and doing his funny walk , the ref doesn’t start the count. The guy has shown himself to be a complete fucking dullard.
    I agree he is a dullard but that is not how the count works. The referee instructs the fighter to go to the corner and picks the time up from the time keeper. If it takes him 4 seconds to get Deontay to the corner he starts his at 5 etcetera. But....if he instructs Deontay to his corner, Deontay goes and comes back out of the corner interrupting his count then the count stops.

El Kabong Guest

From the get go I knew the trash talk would fall flat and by the end of things one if not both fighters would have to answer for the result so when faced with an excuse I will sing you the song of my people.....

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This guy does more MMA stuff than boxing but if you’re bored and have 25 minutes here’s a breakdown of the fight

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9_IPruFOsAU&t=1134s

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I understand casual-type fans getting all excited by "long counts" and getting out stopwatches and whatnot but any hardcore/nerd fan knows these are fine line decisions which happen every single week.

A different ref would've waved the fight off instantly when Fury hit the floor, another stopped him from getting up, another stopped it when he got to his feet, another maybe wave the fight after he reached 9.

Not one of those decisions would have been wrong/unjust, it's just Reiss made a "great" call (and had Fury been knocked unconcious Reiss would currently have calls for his head).
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The count was great as was not stopping it immediately. My issue was with Fury being given 13 seconds to hug the ref and jog around. It should be 'Are you okay?' 'Yes'. 'Fight'. Should be a couple of seconds rather than the time of another count and a half.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    The count was great as was not stopping it immediately. My issue was with Fury being given 13 seconds to hug the ref and jog around. It should be 'Are you okay?' 'Yes'. 'Fight'. Should be a couple of seconds rather than the time of another count and a half.
    You can’t legislate for every second after a boxer gets back up from being knocked down. There are numerous things that a boxer can do to delay the contest from re-starting which the ref should be aware of to stop.

The main point was Fury got up and fought back hard. The couple of seconds really made no difference.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    I understand casual-type fans getting all excited by "long counts" and getting out stopwatches and whatnot but any hardcore/nerd fan knows these are fine line decisions which happen every single week.

A different ref would've waved the fight off instantly when Fury hit the floor, another stopped him from getting up, another stopped it when he got to his feet, another maybe wave the fight after he reached 9.

Not one of those decisions would have been wrong/unjust, it's just Reiss made a "great" call (and had Fury been knocked unconcious Reiss would currently have calls for his head).
    Too right. It's neither here nor there. Week in week out there are variations. It's not an exact science so no point applying the stopwatch to try to retrospectively make it one.

As it happens, that video that shows 'Fury beat the count' is actually proof that he didn't.

Even hardcore boxing fans often misunderstand. You don't have ten seconds to just about get clear of the floor (other than feet), you get ten seconds to be upright, and addressing the ref ready to fight. So if your legs are still in the process of extending when the count reaches 10, you haven't made it. Even if you are only just totally upright you still haven't made it.

That said, I think its a non-issue. Would say the same either way. What's half a second with what is an inexact process anyway and he was clearly ok to go on by the time he was upright.
    Saddo Fantasy Premier League
    2011/12 - 2nd
    2012/13 -1st Hidden Content
    2013/14 - 3rd (Master won)

Saddo World Cup Dream Team
    2014 - 1st Hidden Content

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The way the ref handled it could have been deemed dangerous. But as has been pointed out there are grey areas and what transpired after showed that the ref handled it appropriately. Wish we could say the same for the judges.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    You can’t legislate for every second after a boxer gets back up from being knocked down. There are numerous things that a boxer can do to delay the contest from re-starting which the ref should be aware of to stop.

The main point was Fury got up and fought back hard. The couple of seconds really made no difference.
    12-13 seconds is a long time AFTER the count has already happened. It should be a nod, arms held in front, and fight. Should be a couple of seconds. If the legs are not there then Fury goes down again. As long as the eyes are clear there is no reason for a jog to test the legs. The count was perfect, the extra time what I deem questionable.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wilder should never moonwalk either. It is not a game. Go to your corner and pounce as soon as you are ready. He should not be losing focus like that. He should have been thinking immediately about how to land another deadly combo. It's work, not play. Fighters do get up. You would never see a Barrera or Marquez clowning like that. All business.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

12-13 seconds is a long time AFTER the count has already happened. It should be a nod, arms held in front, and fight. Should be a couple of seconds. If the legs are not there then Fury goes down again. As long as the eyes are clear there is no reason for a jog to test the legs. The count was perfect, the extra time what I deem questionable.
    He followed the california state athletic commission rules to a tee.

Read the rules - https://www.dca.ca.gov/csac/stats_re...ch1a8-10.shtml
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post

He followed the california state athletic commission rules to a tee.

Read the rules - https://www.dca.ca.gov/csac/stats_re...ch1a8-10.shtml
    It’s nice to have someone responding with FACTS rather than self-fabricated opinions.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Shame Wilder doesn't have Don King around to lobby for phony law suits and long counts. King knew how to at least present flimsy outrage and distracting bullshat properly. Fact is..they got up intact and rendered it void and a non issue after all . Hindsight being 20-20 sure. If you want to flawlessly count seconds go bake a cake. Just think it's a silly argument.

On the arm if you're going that far out than you can expect to be called on it. Again, it's your own responsibility and professionalism, career and health on the line. Wilder none the less seems pretty injury prone as far as wrists and hands. Hope he heals up properly

Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Having a read of the California State Athletic Commission rules @Fenster posted I noticed there are some subtle but important differences with the rules of other bodies.
    The CSAC rules leave much more room to interpretation about what is 'down' and the counting process generally.

The BBBofC rules, for example, regarding the issue of when the count is beat are quite clear -

3.32.1 In this Regulation 3.32, “down” shall mean one or more of the following:-
    (a) when a Boxer falls from the boxing ring beyond the ring apron as a result of a legitimate blow; or
    (b) when a Boxer is on one foot or both feet and at the same time any other part of his body is touching the floor of the boxing ring; or
    (c) when a Boxer is supported on the ropes of the boxing ring and, in the opinion of the Referee, is unable to defend himself; or
    (d) when a Boxer is in the act of rising

and in all of the above cases, a Boxer shall be considered to be down until he has regained his feet within the boxing ring and is in a position and a condition to defend himself.

So when I said earlier that that video actually shows Fury not beating the count, it seems I was applying BBBofC (and others) rules, ie that just being upright by 10 does not mean you beat the count.

If we aren't talking about beating the count, but rather the amount of time taken after the count, the CSAC say "If the boxer who is down arises before the count of ten, the referee shall evaluate his or her ability to continue. If assured that the boxer who has just arisen is fit to continue, the referee shall without loss of time, order both boxers to go on with the contest".

'Without loss of time" there seems ambiguous. But I think most would see the couple of seconds given to assess Fury as being perfectly reasonable.

Either way, I think its a non-issue. It was right that the fight continued.
    Saddo Fantasy Premier League
    2011/12 - 2nd
    2012/13 -1st Hidden Content
    2013/14 - 3rd (Master won)

Saddo World Cup Dream Team
    2014 - 1st Hidden Content

Thread Information