Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Damn UFC Dana White talking trash on Boxing and Oscar De La Hoya.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Damn UFC Dana White talking trash on Boxing and Oscar De La Hoya.

Guys like Dana White are half the reason I don't like UFC. Rather than being gracious he trashes boxing at every turn. Rather than comparing UFC in a favorable manner to boxing he downgrades it and then says UFC is better. That doesn't ingratiate UFC to a boxing fan like me.

The other reason I don't like UFC is because it's very very gay. I can't wait until someone posts a pic of two dudes in nuthuggers practically 69ing each other, but it's supposed to be some kind of 'submission' hold. I know that last statement came out wrong but there was no other way of writing it.
    Oops

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Boxing must not be in too bad of shape if out of the blue this jack off feels he needs to bash it. I don't see professional football coming out and talking shit about pro truck pulling. This guy is a couple of kimbo slices away from being in the same boat as the rest of that mma stuff. Be happy for your success dana grow up and stfu. The time you spend trashing other sports could be used to furthur build up your own.
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Killface View Post
    Guys like Dana White are half the reason I don't like UFC. Rather than being gracious he trashes boxing at every turn. Rather than comparing UFC in a favorable manner to boxing he downgrades it and then says UFC is better. That doesn't ingratiate UFC to a boxing fan like me.

The other reason I don't like UFC is because it's very very gay. I can't wait until someone posts a pic of two dudes in nuthuggers practically 69ing each other, but it's supposed to be some kind of 'submission' hold. I know that last statement came out wrong but there was no other way of writing it.

I agree! Since boxing/striking is a part of MMA, why should anyone trash it?

Also agree with the post about when they wrestle on the ground. I've heard people say MMA is like a real fight. In a real fight, it's not always one on one or people use weapons in real fights.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think boxing should adopt a WWE/UFC approach to PPV... it would certainly justify shelling the money out more. Could you imagine this PPV:

in no particular order..

Hatton vs Pac Man
    Haye vs Vitali
    Calzaghe vs Dawson

That alone I imagine would outsell any one of those possible PPV's on their own by 3:1..

As someone who watches PPV's alot I don't feel interested to watch the actual PPV until the main event, which lasts on average 1 hour.. that's £15 for one hour. And I imagine the same could be said about alot of other people on here.. maybe not, but I don't enjoy watching prospects fight no names and knock them out within 2-3 rounds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

F**K Dana White

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He makes a fair point tbh. The undercards to big fights are where we should be seeing the hot prospects generating interest. I would also like to see any 24/7 episodes spend time introducing the unkown fighters to the general public.

Amir Khan is a good example of this type of marketing at least. His career may not have been well mapped in the ring, but outside of it his stock as a known athlete is high in the UK.

Alot of the young prospects could do with his sort of publicity, but as White said, it takes investment and the boxing promoters aren't willing to take the risk it seems.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyUK View Post
    I think boxing should adopt a WWE/UFC approach to PPV... it would certainly justify shelling the money out more. Could you imagine this PPV:

in no particular order..

Hatton vs Pac Man
    Haye vs Vitali
    Calzaghe vs Dawson

That alone I imagine would outsell any one of those possible PPV's on their own by 3:1..

As someone who watches PPV's alot I don't feel interested to watch the actual PPV until the main event, which lasts on average 1 hour.. that's £15 for one hour. And I imagine the same could be said about alot of other people on here.. maybe not, but I don't enjoy watching prospects fight no names and knock them out within 2-3 rounds.
    That would be an AWESOME type of card but because of the law of diminishing returns it wouldn't do 3 times the numbers like you're saying. There is a limit on how much these cards can possibly make. No matter how many high profile fights there are on one card, that one card still can only make so much money. That's what promoters realized and why they started putting fights on different cards altogether.

But what these promoters could do is use big high profile main events to make great economically feasible fights on the undercard. Like the Pac-ODLH PPV for example, if Izzy was healthy they could have given Izzy and Rafa 1-1.5 Million each to stage their epic fourth fight on the undercard. Even though the two are at the top of their sport, the smaller guys make less money so it'd be easier to get an awesome, serious quality fight on the undercard. Or throw in a couple million extra to get a high profile name like a Hatton or Pavlik or Pac or Tony to fight one of their mandatories. These guys even though they are stars, don't make that much money for their mandatory defenses so those fights are affordable and are reasonably competitive. Those IMO are good examples of how undercards can realistically improve. This should be happening now but the only thing stopping it from happening is straight up GREED.

Having Victor Ortiz (who is a prospect and makes hardly anything anyways) fight a washed up former prospect as the main undercard fight is complete BULLSHIT. That should maybe be an opening undercard fight. What pisses me off is that they defend the undercard by saying "we're profiling our young stars". No, you're paying fighters who don't make a lot to wipe out their overmatched opponents, who make even less. All while the main eventers are raping the revenue.
    Last edited by albsur2006; 12-31-2008 at 12:07 AM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dana White is such a whiny little bitch. Just stfu and let your product sell itself. Maybe his rating are hurting, that why he has to sling mud. Personally I got sick of UFC after they stopped the tournament setup. I don't like to watch the "tactical" ground game, it bores the shit out of me. Notice no boxing promoters talk smack about mma as much as this retard talks about boxing.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I mean he's not wrong really, why would promoters like Oscar spend the money to stack an undercard of a big PPV fight if he knows were going to pay for it anyway?

Of course, its not quite as hard for Dana since he doesn't have to pay that much money for a big undercard fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

memo to Dana White: Two major mma stars have been signed to appear in pro wrestling over the years,Ken Shamrock and Tank Abbott,both failed
    One wrestler is now your biggest attraction
    2 major boxers appeared on a Wrestling card for a PPV and made huge book

Seems like people would rather watch a fake sport then your sport,and the WWE spends more on fireworks then it does wrestlers,and for that matter,when a fringe contenders career stalls in boxing,where's the first place they go,mma.Your eating boxing's scraps and claiming you got a full meal.

Mentioned
    448 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by porkypara View Post
    Does anybodt remember the Don King shows of the 90s.

They were always packed full of talent.

For example,Jeff Fench-Azuma Nelson was an undercard fight on a Tyson show.

I agree with what White said,most big fight undercards are crap tody.
    From memory that was fought outside wasnt it?

Which makes me think imagine a UFC title outside in a tiered seating colluseum style or greek theatre styled venue!
    That would suit Ufc with the ring low and the crowd high.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dana is right about boxing PPV's....There hasnt been a card in the last few years that had 2-3 really good matchups on it....that is really pathetic.....

Thread Information