Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: What were the 80s like?

True fact: Bob Dylan was an amateur boxer .... and the great song 'The Boxer' by Simon & Garfunkel was written about Bob Dylan.

I love Dylan's music and would be the first to admit he never had a great great voice (and sadly, it's completely gone now), but as a lyricist and in writing melodies the man is out on his own.
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    True fact: Bob Dylan was an amateur boxer .... and the great song 'The Boxer' by Simon & Garfunkel was written about Bob Dylan.

I love Dylan's music and would be the first to admit he never had a great great voice (and sadly, it's completely gone now), but as a lyricist and in writing melodies the man is out on his own.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wally how old are you?
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Wally how old are you?
    Older than I once was but younger than I’ll be
    Last edited by walrus; 04-22-2020 at 01:41 AM.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And X Dylan owns a building complex that includes a boxing gym in Santa Monica

Dylan once employed former World Boxing Association Lightweight Champion Ray “Boom Boom” Mancini as his sparring partner.

dylan-ali-2Any Dylan fan worth his salt is aware of Bob’s love of boxing. From the songs “Who Killed Davey Moore” and “Hurricane” to his friendship with Muhammad Ali, Dylan has long been interested in “The Sweet Science.” In the 1990s, Dylan purchased a building in Santa Monica, CA as an investment and put Maymudes to work, designing and building what was to become the 18th Street Coffee House. Bob insisted on including a full-size boxing gym, complete with ring, accessible through a walk-in cooler door. He hired Boom-Boom Mancini to train and spar with him.

Wait, there’s more! Four days after losing his November 1982 fight with Mancini, Korean boxer Duk Koo Kim died from brain injuries. Mancini went into a deep depression and his career never recovered. Mancini – and the bout are immortalized in a song by Dylan friend, Warren Zevon. Dylan himself covered Zevon’s song only once – in Seattle in 2002.

And more! http://tinyurl.com/lt9r8yr

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Wally how old are you?
    Bit weird considering you PM people and demand to know their age. I think you have said you were younger than most of us and yet you post like an old fart. It's a thread about the 80's.

Start a Dylan thread, acres of material there. God knows we could do with some non Corona threads.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wally how old are you?
    Bit weird considering you PM people and demand to know their age. I think you have said you were younger than most of us and yet you post like an old fart. It's a thread about the 80's.

Start a Dylan thread, acres of material there. God knows we could do with some non Corona threads.
    Ok @Beanz please tell me who I ever pmd and demanded to know their age

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wally how old are you?

They know and you know. If you don't want to reveal it, it is no biggy. It is just kind of relevant in a thread like this.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wally how old are you?

They know and you know. If you don't want to reveal it, it is no biggy. It is just kind of relevant in a thread like this.
    Actually you have the story wrong beanz. The only time I ask anyone their age is if I do an intake at work. I don’t ask anyone their age it’s none of my business. Also you never posted where I said master hates white people, or you for that matter.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think rather than talk civilly to one another, you should get into an argument that goes on for pages and pages. Then someone else can join in, then someone else, then it'll become a giant shit storm and then someone can say something that someone else considers racist then someone else can call that person racist then someone can report someone or some thing then that person can get upset because the mods wont trawl through said shitstorm to establish who's being a twat. Then there could be another thread discussing this thread, maybe a poll?
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This has nothing to do with the 80s but I will indulge you. You demanded Fenster tell you how old he was and if you really think anyone on the entire forum would belive that you have never told me I hate white people, you must have even less respect for them than you usually display. We are not idiots.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This has nothing to do with the 80s but I will indulge you. You demanded Fenster tell you how old he was and if you really think anyone on the entire forum would belive that you have never told me I hate white people, you must have even less respect for them than you usually display. We are not idiots.
    See beanz you are wrong. Fenster asked me my age and I gave him a reply in jest which he took seriously. Please get your facts straight. And FYI I stuck up for master when he was being called a racist by the other mods. You can ask him about that. You really don’t know what u are talking about
    Last edited by walrus; 04-22-2020 at 05:29 PM.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

See beanz you are wrong. Fenster asked me my age and I gave him a reply in jest which he took seriously. Please get your facts straight. And FYI I stuck up for master when he was being called a racist by the other mods. You can ask him about that. You really don’t know what u are talking about
    Ha! GTFOH

Nice story bro.

What were the eighties like for you?
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ha! GTFOH

Nice story bro.

What were the eighties like for you?
    Why don’t you ask them so you can clear it up in your twisted head. Why must everythread become a battle for you. Why do I even bother trying to communicate with you?

Thread Information