LMFAO!!!!!!

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Anthony Joshuas racist comments

I am on the side of hope. People who want kids can do so with love and those that cannot should just not bother. But all should respect the right to live freely without discrimination and without harm to others. Let those who choose poorly go their way. Let those who try either rise or fall trying. Let everyone find a place on the ladder of life.

I don't think people should face more interest on a loan unless they are a high risk and US law prohibits discrimination based on race.
    What more can I do but say truthfully that blacks do get loans. Of those rejected I suspect many are unreliable and that yes there is likely some prejudice. I would like that to be stopped. Thus I cede a point as I am not particularly racist.

History is history. 150 years ago my great, great, great gran was probably spinning cotton 14 hours a day at 13 years of age and had 6 kids by the age of 26 and died of consumption at 42. I am not impacted by her trauma. Neither by my grandfather in WW2. I am affected only by my own experiences and whether one grows or not is a personal choice to make, but I do not believe we are condemned in the here and now because of the terrible oppression faced by my great, great, great gran who like all the working poor probably had a very bad diet and a low life expectancy. Going not all that far back in history we were all serfs and you just got on with it. We are privileged today and do not have those same problems. Anyone blaming their own failings on historic child labour is making excuses for their own inadequacies.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    I am on the side of hope. People who want kids can do so with love and those that cannot should just not bother. But all should respect the right to live freely without discrimination and without harm to others. Let those who choose poorly go their way. Let those who try either rise or fall trying. Let everyone find a place on the ladder of life.

I don't think people should face more interest on a loan unless they are a high risk and US law prohibits discrimination based on race.
    What more can I do but say truthfully that blacks do get loans. Of those rejected I suspect many are unreliable and that yes there is likely some prejudice. I would like that to be stopped. Thus I cede a point as I am not particularly racist.

History is history. 150 years ago my great, great, great gran was probably spinning cotton 14 hours a day at 13 years of age and had 6 kids by the age of 26 and died of consumption at 42. I am not impacted by her trauma. Neither by my grandfather in WW2. I am affected only by my own experiences and whether one grows or not is a personal choice to make, but I do not believe we are condemned in the here and now because of the terrible oppression faced by my great, great, great gran who like all the working poor probably had a very bad diet and a low life expectancy. Going not all that far back in history we were all serfs and you just got on with it. We are privileged today and do not have those same problems. Anyone blaming their own failings on historic child labour is making excuses for their own inadequacies.

Things should be evaluated on their own merits. Some will fall on either side of the judgment line.

I don't champion nor applaud leaning too much on the past to get preferred treatment status or attempting to get a free ride. Thus my stance on slavery reparations.

Too much of a hassle.... too complex an issue.... impossible to make everyone happy..... more likely to make many people resentful..... and finally impossible to quantify, as no one is alive today on either side of the equation.

I also believe fully in individual accountability. Instead of blaming others (parents, ancestors, the white man) for your failures in life, pull yourself up and make something of yourself.

But to deny the existence of systemic discrimination for years and years and years, which has resulted in many of the disparities we see today........ that is nearsightedness, IMO.

Slavery may have been abolished in the 1800's, but discriminatory banking practices, as well as who knows how many other denied opportunities based on color, persisted until relatively recently.

And when made illegal, these practices are discontinued grudgingly. Just because the law tells you you can no longer discriminate against blacks for housing, education, etc..... it doesn't mean racism has been eliminated forever.

That ain't never gonna happen. Racism = ignorance... and I think it would be safe to assume there will be shitloads of ignorant people on this Earth until the end of time.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I haven't denied history though have I? I simply pointed out that a lot has changed over more than half a century and that black people do have access to debt. There are laws in place meaning equality among races, but as to whether they are sufficiently enforced is not my realm. All I have said is that blacks have had access to those options and Denilson did list a number of debt options in that post. I am not sure why I am racist for saying that, but hey, your choice to go there. I was kidding about Toney of course who is of course always going to be a sexy hunk of a man. Nobody would deny that man anything. I would happily pay for his dinner even though it might be rather expensive.

I think racism exists in many forms and all around the world. For instance, no foreigner can buy property in India, but they flood the UK and buy up land there. I just think the generational suffering thing is a bit silly. Where I am the entire nation was torn to shreds through war, the poor would eat cats. My mother in law born a few years later will have experienced poverty, but there are no inter generational hang ups at work. Food was scarce, poverty was rife, but people knuckled on. No young person is blaming that for today, but they will blame current politics for less job opportunities or Corona for not being able to study in person. It is mostly the here and now and if a kids parents divorce young or whatever then inevitably that will affect them as that is a living evolving mind. But some black woman with 4 out of control kids and a 3 fathers and none of them around. Nah, she needs to own that situation.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I haven't denied history though have I? I simply pointed out that a lot has changed over more than half a century and that black people do have access to debt. There are laws in place meaning equality among races, but as to whether they are sufficiently enforced is not my realm. All I have said is that blacks have had access to those options and Denilson did list a number of debt options in that post. I am not sure why I am racist for saying that, but hey, your choice to go there. I was kidding about Toney of course who is of course always going to be a sexy hunk of a man. Nobody would deny that man anything. I would happily pay for his dinner even though it might be rather expensive.

I think racism exists in many forms and all around the world. For instance, no foreigner can buy property in India, but they flood the UK and buy up land there. I just think the generational suffering thing is a bit silly. Where I am the entire nation was torn to shreds through war, the poor would eat cats. My mother in law born a few years later will have experienced poverty, but there are no inter generational hang ups at work. Food was scarce, poverty was rife, but people knuckled on. No young person is blaming that for today, but they will blame current politics for less job opportunities or Corona for not being able to study in person. It is mostly the here and now and if a kids parents divorce young or whatever then inevitably that will affect them as that is a living evolving mind. But some black woman with 4 out of control kids and a 3 fathers and none of them around. Nah, she needs to own that situation.
    YOu miss this point: this is the key to proving your method is dead wrong: THAT WOMAN WHO "NEEDS TO OWN" HER SITUATION WAS A KID WHOSE PARENTS ABUSED HER/NEGLECTED HER/DIVORCED ETC, AND THEN IN YOUR OWN WORDS THAT WILL AFFECT HER INEVITABLY. YOu have a huge blind spot Miles, on this point. OUt of one side of your mouth you state it will inevitably affect her, and I would say PERMANENTLY DAMAGE HER JUDGEMENT AND CHARACTER. And out of the other side of your mouth you say she "NEEDS TO OWN" the situation. Total self-contradiction. What a blind spot. How can she "own" anything if she has been emotionally disabled by her experiences? YOu are blind, man. YOu cannot connect the dots, you argue in theoretical SNAPSHOTS, PLATITUDES.

IT IS LAME.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You are being needlessly rude, but you make a valid observation. In my flippancy I also ignored my own arguments made repeatedly that a badly raised child will often copy the bad parents. This is why I say be a pointless hedonist, but if you don't want kids you can always choose a vasectomy. Or if you do then you can choose a partner well. We have condoms, the pill etc. So really there is no excuse for it.

I do think this is something made increasingly worse by welfare as historically you were not bailed out for personal irresponsibility. This bailing out of women who choose terrible men is exacerbated by welfare.

It is a dichotomy because in an ideal world people would play fair and not use children or be irresponsible. However, people do not play fair and their lust ends up getting rewarded and hurts children and this leads to social problems.

You were correct to make me expand on that point. I have a gay friend still living the playboy life. It is fine as there will never be kids, but is it good for your soul? That is more a Wildean Dorian Gray question.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

@TitoFan I did my best as well. Please, Send me the Patron Saint of Calascibetta. My grandparents' home town in Sicily. I am also a saint.

844.jpg

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

my uncle Cefalu

my uncle.jpg

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

God Bless Sicily

God Bless Caltanisetta

God Bless Calascibetta

God Bless Uncle Cefalu

God Bless Catania

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You are being needlessly rude, but you make a valid observation. In my flippancy I also ignored my own arguments made repeatedly that a badly raised child will often copy the bad parents. This is why I say be a pointless hedonist, but if you don't want kids you can always choose a vasectomy. Or if you do then you can choose a partner well. We have condoms, the pill etc. So really there is no excuse for it.

I do think this is something made increasingly worse by welfare as historically you were not bailed out for personal irresponsibility. This bailing out of women who choose terrible men is exacerbated by welfare.

It is a dichotomy because in an ideal world people would play fair and not use children or be irresponsible. However, people do not play fair and their lust ends up getting rewarded and hurts children and this leads to social problems.

You were correct to make me expand on that point. I have a gay friend still living the playboy life. It is fine as there will never be kids, but is it good for your soul? That is more a Wildean Dorian Gray question.
    Good post. 🙂

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thank you. In a way, apart from the racist nonsense, Joshua was partly arguing for the kind of things argued by Sowell. Sowell was of course once on the left and changed whilst an academic. An ideologue is unable to change, but a flexible mind is! Does he understand economics and history? Did he graduate from High School? You would imagine so. He would argue that prior to the 1960's black Americans were closing the economic gap at a tremendous rate and then the 1960's happened and the problem for black Americans became the welfare state and government interference. It reduced moral standards and created a culture of dependency. A kind of new slavery and with it entitlement, greed, and the loss of values that were once instilled by a stronger sense of family.

This is a great interview.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Denilson3.0 View Post
    [
    Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    AJ has lost loads of fans over his racist remarks
    But you still get the job. You still get the loan. You still get the house. You still get the car. You can still travel anywhere in the world and racially speaking you'll have zero problems.

So tell me how is AJs alleged racism affecting whites ?

Plus I find this ironic when race is more important than money to many whites. I'm pretty sure you know that whites will hire whites with a criminal record than black ppl who are clean.

I'm pretty sure you know that.

If black people produced a car, most whites would not buy that car, no matter what. Lets just start talking real.

you only have to look on social media to see that the vast majority are routing for Fury to beat him.
    Most ppl were rooting for Fury anyway.
    Master, why on earth have you liked this post? It is full of nonsense.

Before the 2008 crash plenty of black people and indeed white people, who really should not have been getting loans, did indeed get their loans. And what happened? It crashed the economy. We should not give loans easily to people.

Also, what is this thing about getting a job? Dennis you have said several times that you do well, so who exactly is denying you this mysterious job? Have you lost the job?
    Do you honestly think people think about who made the car? I am sure plenty of black people work in car factories and people still buy the car. If you want a black car company then maybe a black person could set one up. I would buy it if it was affordable and efficient, but please no bling as that is distasteful.
    Master will never admit fault don’t bother he will rationalize and justify to the bitter end
    As you can see that was Gandalf not me.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Denilson3.0 View Post
    [
    AJ has lost loads of fans over his racist remarks
    But you still get the job. You still get the loan. You still get the house. You still get the car. You can still travel anywhere in the world and racially speaking you'll have zero problems.

So tell me how is AJs alleged racism affecting whites ?

Plus I find this ironic when race is more important than money to many whites. I'm pretty sure you know that whites will hire whites with a criminal record than black ppl who are clean.

I'm pretty sure you know that.

If black people produced a car, most whites would not buy that car, no matter what. Lets just start talking real.

you only have to look on social media to see that the vast majority are routing for Fury to beat him.
    Most ppl were rooting for Fury anyway.
    Master, why on earth have you liked this post? It is full of nonsense.

Before the 2008 crash plenty of black people and indeed white people, who really should not have been getting loans, did indeed get their loans. And what happened? It crashed the economy. We should not give loans easily to people.

Also, what is this thing about getting a job? Dennis you have said several times that you do well, so who exactly is denying you this mysterious job? Have you lost the job?
    Do you honestly think people think about who made the car? I am sure plenty of black people work in car factories and people still buy the car. If you want a black car company then maybe a black person could set one up. I would buy it if it was affordable and efficient, but please no bling as that is distasteful.
    Master will never admit fault don’t bother he will rationalize and justify to the bitter end
    As you can see that was Gandalf not me.

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Joshua will have driven away alot of supporters with his support of black lives matter.
    He may not care, but that will be evident the next time he fights.
    People will see the police attacked and looting , this type of demo never goes peacefully.
    For all good intentions mass protest brings out the idiots and thugs, that is evident on either the left or right.

Last edited by Dark Lord Al; 06-13-2020 at 09:48 AM.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Thread Information