Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: JCC Jr. will never get a break...

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default JCC Jr. will never get a break...

Chavez fought someone who many people believed had a chance of beating him in Andy Lee. Lee came out strong and controlled the first four rounds (I gave all those to Lee) but then Chavez warmed up and really started dishing out some punishment until Lee fell to the stronger punchers shots.

Unfortunately for Chavez because of the fact of who his father was/is, there will always be people who believe he hasnt earned anything that he has gotten. I have not been a huge Chavez supporter as he has seemed pretty non-chalant himself over his career and training, but I have to admit that this victory was very impressive and it gives him alot of credibility as a middleweight champion/contender.

People on this thread are already saying that he will probably beat Martinez but discrediting the victory due to XYZ reason, again discrediting him before the fight has even been signed.

What does this kid have to do to get some respect??
    Last edited by Onix; 06-18-2012 at 10:56 PM.
    The key is Self-discipline.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: JCC Jr. will never get a break...

shave the side burns for a start.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Made to follow the same rules as everyone else, taking a dam drug test and having his gloves inspected would be a nice start, I have a feeling ya might just be trying to wind up some people tho.....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by armin View Post
    Made to follow the same rules as everyone else, taking a dam drug test and having his gloves inspected would be a nice start, I have a feeling ya might just be trying to wind up some people tho.....

No not at all, it is an honest post and question. I'm fully aware of his protected status and I also heard/read about the gloves and urine sample and I agree with those arguments but Im sure other fighters have at some point in history have had similar favorable treatment. JCC gets slammed because his favorable treatment comes from who his father is, however he did just walk through what was said was going to be his biggest test and he cant even get a pat on the back.

As far as the weight issues, he can come in at 250 lbs on fight day as long as he weighed in at 160 at the official weigh in then good for him if he can make his body do that, he is playing by the rules that were set forth many years before he was even born.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A break from what?

Not only is he 20 plus pounds heavier then his opponents on fight night but he can also bring his own gloves, refuse to have them checked and bail out of piss tests. If the fight with Martinez is really done and not just reported as such then he will also get away with circumventing the WBC's newest rule scheduled to be in effect by June 30.

How about his opponents catching a break?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    A break from what?

Not only is he 20 plus pounds heavier then his opponents on fight night but he can also bring his own gloves, refuse to have them checked and bail out of piss tests. If the fight with Martinez is really done and not just reported as such then he will also get away with circumventing the WBC's newest rule scheduled to be in effect by June 30.

He doesnt stop any of his opponents from weighing in at whatever they want/can weigh in at. Again as long as he gets to 160 on the weigh in why does he get ragged on for something that is available to everyone.

Again as far as the piss tests and gloves go, I agree he shouldnt be getting away with it. But the piss test is the 2nd time and the gloves was the first time, before that he still got shit because he was "protected" and he was. But now he steps it up and again no credit is given when at least some credit is due for the performance he put on.

THe more popular fighters will always dictate how the fight is going to be handled, where it will be, etc. If the other fighter agrees to everything presented then its on them to be able to close the deal on fight night.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would propsose to you to review his fight vs Molina and judge who won that fight. Then ask yourself if Molina's dad was a legend in a country and Chavez was a nobody would the fight still be scored a draw? If not then who should have been the winner?

That aside I do believe he has skill and he is a good prosect. A top 15 prospect for sure. I think Dmytry Pirog or Daniel Geale can both have their way with him due to his tendency to lean forward and be flat footed. He does have pop and he throws the nicest left hook in the middleweigh division. Would that be enough for him to be heralded as a champ? No.

He does come to fight and he has heart for that I applaude him.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Onix View Post

No not at all, it is an honest post and question. I'm fully aware of his protected status and I also heard/read about the gloves and urine sample and I agree with those arguments but Im sure other fighters have at some point in history have had similar favorable treatment. JCC gets slammed because his favorable treatment comes from who his father is, however he did just walk through what was said was going to be his biggest test and he cant even get a pat on the back.

As far as the weight issues, he can come in at 250 lbs on fight day as long as he weighed in at 160 at the official weigh in then good for him if he can make his body do that, he is playing by the rules that were set forth many years before he was even born.
    I doubt he's playing by the rules tho, failed drug test in nevada, then 2 botched tests in texas, something stinks. Not like its a one time occurence, if I had to wager money id say he's on diuretics...

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A break from what?

Only if one of them had a famous dad who's best buddies with the commission's boss and together can break or bend rules at their convenience. Others need not apply.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

with all due respect, I can't recall someone not giving urine samples when they are requested who HAPPENED TO HAVE ALREADY TESTED POSITIVE FOR A DIURETIC AND BEEN SUSPENDED FOR CHEATING PREVIOUSLY!!!!

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A break from what?

He doesnt stop any of his opponents from weighing in at whatever they want/can weigh in at. Again as long as he gets to 160 on the weigh in why does he get ragged on for something that is available to everyone.

Again as far as the piss tests and gloves go, I agree he shouldnt be getting away with it. But the piss test is the 2nd time and the gloves was the first time, before that he still got shit because he was "protected" and he was. But now he steps it up and again no credit is given when at least some credit is due for the performance he put on.

THe more popular fighters will always dictate how the fight is going to be handled, where it will be, etc. If the other fighter agrees to everything presented then its on them to be able to close the deal on fight night.

Because there are 17 divisions not 8. I'm no Hop fan but he actually weighed under 160 on the night of some of his fights. If he's going to take advantage of weight disparity then do the drug test. Anybody can get under using diuretics and then claim to have no water in the bag to fill the paper cup. Again your argument is a slippery slope because to give him credit for Saturday's fight is to ignore all the facts that assisted him. Yeah twice for the piss test because he already tested positive once and if it happens again he's in shit so in order to not let it happen again he cant manage to take a piss. Only once on the glove thing? Same with Louis Resto and he did two and a half years in prison.
    No champion in modern day history has ever been able to bring his own gloves to a championship fight and refuse to have them inspected. That fact alone tarnishes the fight and also becomes an asterisk in a historians note book. Talk about thee appearance of impropriety. They should use that single act as a definition in the dictionary.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A break from what?

Because there are 17 divisions not 8. I'm no Hop fan but he actually weighed under 160 on the night of some of his fights. If he's going to take advantage of weight disparity then do the drug test. Anybody can get under using diuretics and then claim to have no water in the bag to fill the paper cup. Again your argument is a slippery slope because to give him credit for Saturday's fight is to ignore all the facts that assisted him. Yeah twice for the piss test because he already tested positive once and if it happens again he's in shit so in order to not let it happen again he cant manage to take a piss. Only once on the glove thing? Same with Louis Resto and he did two and a half years in prison.
    No champion in modern day history has ever been able to bring his own gloves to a championship fight and refuse to have them inspected. That fact alone tarnishes the fight and also becomes an asterisk in a historians note book. Talk about thee appearance of impropriety. They should use that single act as a definition in the dictionary.
    I agree with all of your points. My point in the thread is not give him credit for all of his outside the ring antics but to give him credit for the performance he gave. He showed a very strong chin, he started slowly but then really poured it on as the fight progressed, and he goaded Lee into fighting his fight.

Even in my response though I see where the things that he is being fishy about would help him to have fought that type of fight and give him those advantages. Perhaps the guys deserves the criticism.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A break from what?

I agree with all of your points. My point in the thread is not give him credit for all of his outside the ring antics but to give him credit for the performance he gave. He showed a very strong chin, he started slowly but then really poured it on as the fight progressed, and he goaded Lee into fighting his fight.

Even in my response though I see where the things that he is being fishy about would help him to have fought that type of fight and give him those advantages. Perhaps the guys deserves the criticism.

my opinion of chavez jr in the ring has gone up. He has a damn good chin. He goes to the body the way many more fighters need to.

I do not like the questionable behavior. He got caught cheating. And yet there are issues with him giving urine samples when requested. And it seems to be every time.

After you are caught (and you are a high profile fighter) there needs to be the type of testing pre and post fight that we see with guys like Floyd/Cotto, berto/ortiz, etc....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by captainanddew View Post
    A break from what?

my opinion of chavez jr in the ring has gone up. He has a damn good chin. He goes to the body the way many more fighters need to.

I do not like the questionable behavior. He got caught cheating. And yet there are issues with him giving urine samples when requested. And it seems to be every time.

After you are caught (and you are a high profile fighter) there needs to be the type of testing pre and post fight that we see with guys like Floyd/Cotto, berto/ortiz, etc....

Couldnt have said it better.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Chavez fought someone who many people believed had a chance of beating him in Andy Lee. Lee came out strong and controlled the first four rounds (I gave all those to Lee) but then Chavez warmed up and really started dishing out some punishment until Lee fell to the stronger punchers shots.

Unfortunately for Chavez because of the fact of who his father was/is, there will always be people who believe he hasnt earned anything that he has gotten. I have not been a huge Chavez supporter as he has seemed pretty non-chalant himself over his career and training, but I have to admit that this victory was very impressive and it gives him alot of credibility as a middleweight champion/contender.

People on this thread are already saying that he will probably beat Martinez but discrediting the victory due to XYZ reason, again discrediting him before the fight has even been signed.

What does this kid have to do to get some respect??
    there's people that think he'll beat martinez?
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Thread Information