Default gerald mcclellan vs tommy hearns who wins

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: gerald mcclellan vs tommy hearns who wins

Good post - a wild three round slugfest with each fighter suffering a knockdown and staggering around.

Both had one punch kayo power - if they fought a hundred times, they'd each win 50. No points decisions.
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by X
    Good post - a wild three round slugfest with each fighter suffering a knockdown and staggering around.

Both had one punch kayo power - if they fought a hundred times, they'd each win 50. No points decisions.
    I can't see why people think Hearns would dominate Trinidad but would not dominate Gerald, Gerald took a brutal beating vs Nigell so I don't see why anything would be differenet when fighting Tommy.

ICB Guest

agreed but i think gerald got stronger chin maybe i would favour gerald by slight edge but not by much

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brazilianbomber

I can't see why people think Hearns would dominate Trinidad but would not dominate Gerald, Gerald took a brutal beating vs Nigell so I don't see why anything would be differenet when fighting Tommy.
    Probably because Gerald was Pound for Pound one of the hardest punchers in boxing history....Did you see how he disposed of Julian Jackson who was regarded to be one of the hardest punchers as well..

I'm not saying Julian is a Tommy Hearns but Hearns would try to outslug Gerald and Hearns is to Chinny he would wilt under the pressure.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i would say tommy hearns. They both were great fighters but Tommy was just on anouther level. Hearns wins by KO in 4-8 rounds

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JT Rock

Probably because Gerald was Pound for Pound one of the hardest punchers in boxing history....Did you see how he disposed of Julian Jackson who was regarded to be one of the hardest punchers as well..

I'm not saying Julian is a Tommy Hearns but Hearns would try to outslug Gerald and Hearns is to Chinny he would wilt under the pressure.....
    True statement but so was Tito, Tito had murderous punching power and outslugged everybody who tried to go toe to toe with him, but when you see the threads comparing a theoritical fight between Tito and Tommy people say that Tito would not even have a chance (Tommy would outslug him and outbox him). This is not a Tito thread but it's just confusing why there is such a difference in opinion, but then again I am bias towards Trinidad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by dennis
    i would say tommy hearns. They both were great fighters but Tommy was just on anouther level. Hearns wins by KO in 4-8 rounds
    I'm not trying to be a dik but have you ever seen Gerald McClellan fight....Do you know how many 1st round KO's the man had Tommy would be lured into a slugfest about 15 seconds into the fight instead of Boxing Gerald....Gerald was a freak and when the bell rang he only had 1 speed and that was 10000000mph..The bombs he hit Benn with would of destroyed Tommy period....Dont let what happened against Benn fool anyone Nigel got some big time homecookin, Nigel Benn was getting pounded while he was hung up on the ropes and wasnt able to intelligently able to defend himself he got TKO'd....BUT!!!! A crooked referee let the fight continue and Held Gerald back on 2 occasions during the 1st round to let Benn get his witts back....The truth is Gerald was a Murderous puncher and could KO hearns in a gunfight...If not convinced of the outcome go watch the Hagler fight...Hagler could punch but not nearly as hard as Gerald McClellan...in a shoot out Gerald would KO Tommy Hearns..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

thats your opinion. yes i have seen mcclelan fight and i do know how many first round KO's he's had but look at hearns record. Thats an inpresive record and still think hearns would get the better of him in a battle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

if mcclelan couldnt beat benn he couldnt beat hearns.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I can't see why people think Hearns would dominate Trinidad but would not dominate Gerald
    Gerald had a better chin.

They would fight at 160 and not 147.

Those 2 factors are why.
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

ICB Guest

totally different fighters benn ducked under gerald punches plus benn must have preyed to god because he took terrible beating he fought his heart out fight was so damaging benn was finished after that fight remember hearns was koed by iran barkley so i think gerald would get that chin aswell

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I just couldnt see Tommy losing to gerald mcllelan. no disrespect to him becasue like i said they are both terrific fighters but i think hearns would have landed quick and powerful blows and KO gerald. a bit like what he done to the great roberto duran.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICE COLD BOXING
    totally different fighters benn ducked under gerald punches plus benn must have preyed to god because he took terrible beating he fought his heart out fight was so damaging benn was finished after that fight remember hearns was koed by iran barkley so i think gerald would get that chin aswell

It's much simpler then that imo.

Trinidad's best weight was 147 so was Hearns I believe. And Trinidad could not and would not beat Hearns at 147 or 154.

Gerald's best weight is at 160. Whereas it wasn't Hearns' best one he'd be at a disadvantage from the start. And its very possible given his chin that Gerald would have detinated him eventually and besides that Gerald had an iron chin.

Trinidad didn't, even at 147.

This is why people would say that Gerald could beat Hearns, but Trinidad couldn't.
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That Philosophy and Formula never means anything...Styles make fights...I think Nigel Benn at 160 could probably Take Hearns as well...Nigel was another freak of nature

Thread Information