Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Probably the most satisfying victory in boxing for me...

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Probably the most satisfying victory in boxing for me...

I'm vacationing in San Francisco saw the fight at a bar full of Filipinos... What an atmosphere.
    The most satisfying win for me in boxing.

How many times was he written off
    How many people said he wasn't a worthy opponent?
    I often said that JMM was the better of the Mexican fighters as far as skills and career.

Finally. No doubt in this win.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Probably the most satisfying victory in boxing for me...

I remember seeing him for the first time in his 5th pro fight and he was really good even then. In my mind Marquez should have been right there with Barrera and Morales, but somehow he was shut out. It was great to see him win last night and I hope he doesn't try and hold on too long.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by greynotsoold View Post
    I remember seeing him for the first time in his 5th pro fight and he was really good even then. In my mind Marquez should have been right there with Barrera and Morales, but somehow he was shut out. It was great to see him win last night and I hope he doesn't try and hold on too long.
    Well shit he just beat p4pking by ko...he's not close to done yet. I give him a good few more years if he's dedicated. We all know it takes alot more once you get up in age.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by No Contest View Post
    Well shit he just beat p4pking by ko...he's not close to done yet. I give him a good few more years if he's dedicated. We all know it takes alot more once you get up in age.
    I think he is probably pretty close to done. He was having a lot of trouble dealing with Pac's speed advantage. He was fortunate that it took Pac awhile to figure that out, mostly due, I think, to memories of the counter-punching ability of Marquez in past fights. So Pac was throwing a lot of straight lefts bailing out, in no position to throw combinations.
    Once he realized that the counters were coming slower, Pac got brave and took it to Marquez. And he got caught because he got cocky. Marquez is still very ring smart, and if he isn't what he once was, he's not shot. There's a lot of guys he can still beat but they'll be harder fights than he needs to be in at his age.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Marquez is one of the all time great Mexican fighters. He's up there..I don't think it can be argued. Thoroughly deserved victory

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Agreed 100%.

I remember the sentiment before their 3rd fight. People felt Manny had improved way too much and he was going to run over JMM that time around. JMM fought a spectacular fight and got robbed. Great to see him FINALLY get the big win he deserves.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It really was and he is something special. I remember first seeing him pick apart Sanchez leon at the Forum and he oozed 'one to watch'. Nothing in the world tatse as good as redemption for a fighter who never had anything giving too him. The literal definition of professional and class.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is a point with big punchers, what goes around comes around it was a devastating KO lose for
    Pacman, he may well not be the same fighter after this KO.
    JMM deserves praise for his victory, Pac was sparked out for 2 minuets I feel that's the end of the road for him.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It was satisfying, I always thought JMM won all the fights against Manny and the fact that he had to chase and fight him at welterweight demonstrates he is greater than EM and MAB.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

El Kabong Guest

Surprise surprise Mick likes a winner

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

@greynotsoold Agreed from early in his career JMM showed tremendous skills and the mind of a tactician who fights using his brain... I agree I don't want to see him go out on a bad note. I hope he uses that brain to know when it's time.

Quote Originally Posted by No Contest View Post
    @No Contest "a few more years" fuuuuuuuuuhhhhh I was thinking a few more fights.
    I've got a feeling Rios is next. I would hate to see him try 147 again and I know Guerrero has talked about wanting to fight JMM.
    Also if Garcia get's past Zab that's another possible opponent.

Quote Originally Posted by Althugz View Post
    Marquez is one of the all time great Mexican fighters. He's up there..I don't think it can be argued. Thoroughly deserved victory
    @Althugz I agree my man...

Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    Agreed 100%.

I remember the sentiment before their 3rd fight. People felt Manny had improved way too much and he was going to run over JMM that time around. JMM fought a spectacular fight and got robbed. Great to see him FINALLY get the big win he deserves.
    Indeed JMM has been counted out not only by Team Pac but by many observers...

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    It really was and he is something special. I remember first seeing him pick apart Sanchez leon at the Forum and he oozed 'one to watch'. Nothing in the world tatse as good as redemption for a fighter who never had anything giving too him. The literal definition of professional and class.
    @Spicoli spot on my dude...

Quote Originally Posted by Dia bando View Post
    This is a point with big punchers, what goes around comes around it was a devastating KO lose for
    Pacman, he may well not be the same fighter after this KO.
    JMM deserves praise for his victory, Pac was sparked out for 2 minuets I feel that's the end of the road for him.
    I don't think it's the end of Pac. I think he needs to focus and decide what he really wants to do with his life...

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    It was satisfying, I always thought JMM won all the fights against Manny and the fact that he had to chase and fight him at welterweight demonstrates he is greater than EM and MAB.
    I said it some years back his skill set and ring generalship is a thing of beauty.
    Easily the greatest counter puncher ever...

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Surprise surprise Mick likes a winner
    @El Kabong typical twat...

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick View Post
    I'm vacationing in San Francisco saw the fight at a bar full of Filipinos... What an atmosphere.

I often said that JMM was the better of the Mexican fighters as far as skills and career.

It was fucking great. And it paid me very well.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick View Post

It was fucking great. And it paid me very well.
    I bet man, and knowing your crazy ass you probably went all out and shit...

My co-worker Marielito who's Filipino will have my cash ready tomorrow as I took today off. I already text his ass earlier today and again in the afternoon so no excuses about my fucken money.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Am really happy for people like you who have been long time Marquez fans. As a Pac fanboy and all things considered, he is the only person on the planet I would truly feel that way about. The man is pure class, and at this stage of his career, hell this stage of any great fighters career to get that kind of win, that legacy making, question mark removing victory...is something special.

A lot of fighters deserve it. Very few can pull it off. So it's nice when it happens, and even nicer when to someone who is deserving.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mick I feel it was a bad Knock-out for Pac-man, face first you don't get over them to well and it may
    have taken the fire out of his belly. Yes fighters get beat but it's the manner in which it happens, he was
    pole-axed was he not. Manny had done this to many fighters himself, and it may be a bitter pill to
    swallow, after this defeat who no's what's going on in his mind.!
    What does he had to prove, come up through the weights Champion in all of them, got loads of money
    just got KO does he need this,! who no's.!

Thread Information