Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: I've been gone for a few weeks - What's the latest word on boxing?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default I've been gone for a few weeks - What's the latest word on boxing?

Gentlemen? I picked up a couple things from boxing scene, but what has happened while I've been away?

I read somewhere that Doniare versus Nishioka and Rios versus Alvarado are set for the the same card? Geez. Sounds like it may be worth a trip to Los Angeles.

Froch signed to fight anyone? Bute taking on the Black Russian's conqueror, Grachev? What else is happening? Any new updates? Fights cancelled or announced?

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No word on Froch, he was suppose to fight Oosthuzien but Oosthuzien didn't want to fight him.

Kessler priced himself out, great shame. So I have no clue who Froch Is going to fight.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: I've been gone for a few weeks - What's the latest word on boxing?

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    Gentlemen? I picked up a couple things from boxing scene, but what has happened while I've been away?

I read somewhere that Doniare versus Nishioka and Rios versus Alvarado are set for the the same card? Geez. Sounds like it may be worth a trip to Los Angeles.

Froch signed to fight anyone? Bute taking on the Black Russian's conqueror, Grachev? What else is happening? Any new updates? Fights cancelled or announced?

Not a whole lot shakin' in August, Rant-cat.

The next "major" fight is not until Sept. 8 = Andre Ward vs. Chad Dawson, but that figures to be a not worth watching stinker, I just can't stomach SOG.

For the most part i'm just waiting to see Martinez vs. Chavez Jr. on Sept 15th, that should be a fucking barnburner. (i'm still amazed that team Chavez had the cojones to take this fight)

welcome back bro, cheers

P.S. let's just hope Jr. doesn't test positive for PEDs and the fight gets canceled.

Just noticed on Sept 8th:
    At Moscow (HBO): Vitali Klitschko vs. Manuel Charr, 12 rounds, for Klitschko's WBC heavyweight title
    (Showtime): Randall Bailey vs. Devon Alexander, 12 rounds, for Bailey's IBF welterweight title
    Last edited by Mars_ax; 08-13-2012 at 05:34 PM.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Abraham is facing Stieglitz sometime in the near future, right?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    Abraham is facing Stieglitz sometime in the near future, right?
    Yup, AA facing Stieglitz for his WBO SMW trinket, on August 25th. It might be worth a look if I can find a stream for the Saturday afternoon fight here in the States. Some of the Brits and the other "foreigners" on the forum might be interested in this one, as well.

At Berlin, Germany: Robert Stieglitz vs. Arthur Abraham, 12 rounds, for Stieglitz's WBO super middleweight title.
    Last edited by Mars_ax; 08-13-2012 at 08:35 PM.

El Kabong Guest

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd set up a new boxing company and plans to take on GBP and Top Rank.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    It will probably work, until Floyd retires or loses a fight, then it will go to shit in a hurry, Floyd and his g/f 50 cent haven't got a clue or the intelligence it takes to run a successful business.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mars_ax View Post
    It will probably work, until Floyd retires or loses a fight, then it will go to shit in a hurry, Floyd and his g/f 50 cent haven't got a clue or the intelligence it takes to run a successful business.
    I agree with that first part as the money train will stay on the rails until Floyd loses or retires.

But, this is supposedly 50 cent becoming a promoter, and he is certainly a proven success in business as is Floyd who has been promoting for years.

Also I find 50 cent to be a lot more likeable and laid back than Floyd, who comes off as a jerk.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    I agree with that first part as the money train will stay on the rails until Floyd loses or retires.

But, this is supposedly 50 cent becoming a promoter, and he is certainly a proven success in business as is Floyd who has been promoting for years.

Also I find 50 cent to be a lot more likeable and laid back than Floyd, who comes off as a jerk.
    50 cent is a success in business in what, the music industry? As for Floyd, he's been great at promoting himself, but he doesn't have the brains, people/management skills needed to promote others. Right now Mayweather has leverage in negotiations because he's the highest paid boxer in the sport, but as soon as he becomes inactive, the "promotional" business fizzles.
    I really believe Floyd & 50 cent are just playing grabass, and after attracting a lot of attention, the promo co. goes nowhere.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

50 cent is a success in business in what, the music industry? As for Floyd, he's been great at promoting himself, but he doesn't have the brains, people/management skills needed to promote others. Right now Mayweather has leverage in negotiations because he's the highest paid boxer in the sport, but as soon as he becomes inactive, the "promotional" business fizzles.
    I really believe Floyd & 50 cent are just playing grabass, and after attracting a lot of attention, the promo co. goes nowhere.
    I believe 50 actually made far more money investing in and then selling off his stake in Vitamin Water (when the company was purchased by Coca-Cola) than he ever did in the music industry.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

50 Cent is a success in:
    Music
    Movies
    Video Games
    Clothing line

I agree with your skepticism of the long term success of their promotional company and I doubt they will overtake Top Rank and GBP, but 50 cent is no dummy.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

These people surround themselves with good management to become a success and that is what they will do to remain successful.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information