22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: NFL playoffs 2013 thread

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars_ax View Post
    Good thread @TitoFan , So now it's San Francisco vs. Atlanta @3:00 PM ET, and Baltimore vs New England @6:30 PM ET Sunday.

I'm sick about my Texans who went to shit when it counted at the end of the season.

cheers

Thanks, @Mars_ax. NFL fans are in a definite minority here, but I thought it would be nice to have a thread for those of us who do follow the game. I always look forward to this part of the year, because I tend to OD on football during Wild Card and Divisional Playoffs weekends. The Super Bowl is actually kind of a downer (unless the game is competitive, as it has been as of late), because after it's over there's no more football for about 6-7 months.

I think the Texans would've had better luck against the Ravens or someone like that... but they had the misfortune of meeting up with Brady and the Patriots in Foxboro. Steep hill to climb.
    I had high expectations for the Texans, so i'm really disappointed at how they finished the year. I'm thinking that the other teams around the league started figuring them out towards the end of the year.

Atlanta vs. the Patriots would make for a nice Superbowl, I don't care much for the 49ers or the Ravens.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I had the pleasure of visiting a local pizza place with my friend watchin the 4th quarter and double overtime of the Ravens and Broncos game followed by the entire 49er's vs. Packers game.

My best friend is an avid Packers fan and had his Aaron Rodgers jersey on watching the game with everyone else rooting for San Francisco (we live in northern/central California).

It was very satisfying to see my friend's precious Packers get their asses handed to them by the 49ers for a change. Hope San Francisco goes all the way !
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Rain View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Julius Rain View Post
    Man I SUCK at this prediction shit.

I'm 0-2 already and tomorrow there's two more games. Never in a million years did I think the Ravens would beat the Broncos at Denver. Denver's secondary totally sucks. That last TD pass by Flacco was inexcusable. I've seen defensive coordinators get fired over less than that. And San Francisco was just out of this world awesome. Harbaugh looks like a genius now for sitting Alex Smith and replacing him with Kaepernick. What a freak of nature this guy is!! Almost 200 yards rushing. Damn.
    Hate to discredit a performance like that but the Packers D helped a ton to make Kaepernick look like a superstar. I doubt he can repeat anything close to that on the road next week or ever. He certainly couldn't do shit in Seattle a few weeks ago.

In a way I hope you're right, 'cause of the 4 teams left in the playoffs now, I'm leaning toward the Patriots. But if the 49ers beat the Falcons next week and Kaepernick puts on a similar display in the SB, they could find themselves SB champs. Personally, I don't think Atlanta gets by San Francisco, not because necessarily because of Kaepernick, but just the whole team matchup. I'm also thinking Baltimore's emotional ride comes to an end next week in Foxboro. So although I finished 2-2 for the 2nd straight week, I'll give the predictions another try:

49ers 27, Falcons 21

Patriots 31, Ravens 16
    I usually go with the NFC West teams but I gotta root for Tony G. Maybe the greatest Tight End ever. Also the Patriots and Tom Brady always been my favorite in the AFC but again another great is retiring, Ray Lewis so I'm rooting for a superbowl including two of the greatest at the position before they retire.

Falcons over Niners
    Ravens over Patriots

Tong.G vs Ray Ray. Who will retire with a superbowl win?

Going with the sentimental favorites, eh?

I myself had one of those. I was rooting for the Broncos, not because I'm a huge Denver fan, but because of Peyton Manning. The fact that this cat had 4 neck surgeries and brought the Broncos to the brink (not to mention a 1st round bye) is beyond admirable. But alas it wasn't meant to be. There was that Ray guy on the other team.
    Yea everybody talked about Adrien Peterson coming back from his injury and being the MVP. I think Peyton deserved it more, 4 neck surgeries and got his new team the number 1 seed. Tough they went out like that in 0T. They had that game wrap up if not for those secondary.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The way Peyton threw that final interception reminded me of Brett Favre's last game for the Vikings. Late in a playoff game, and the most important thing is not to throw a pick....

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm 0-2 already and tomorrow there's two more games. Never in a million years did I think the Ravens would beat the Broncos at Denver. Denver's secondary totally sucks. That last TD pass by Flacco was inexcusable. I've seen defensive coordinators get fired over less than that. And San Francisco was just out of this world awesome. Harbaugh looks like a genius now for sitting Alex Smith and replacing him with Kaepernick. What a freak of nature this guy is!! Almost 200 yards rushing. Damn.

I hate the Ravens, so I wanted the Bronco's to win that game. I can't believe they blew it.

Ask @Violent Demise who's fault it is that the Bronco's lost, because according to him, it's my fault.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Peyton Manning is the ultimate choke artist

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post

I hate the Ravens, so I wanted the Bronco's to win that game. I can't believe they blew it.

Ask @Violent Demise who's fault it is that the Bronco's lost, because according to him, it's my fault.

I wanted either Peyton or Brady to win the SB... and naturally the Ravens took them both down. I'm not much into Ray Lewis's farewell party, so I'm rooting for the 49ers to win the SB now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Rice View Post
    Peyton Manning is the ultimate choke artist

That's a little harsh. Denver secondary handed the game to the Ravens, allowing a bullshit TD bomb with 30-some seconds left. A defensive coordinator with only half a brain would've had someone playing center field in the end zone. Asking Peyton to bail them out yet again was a bit unrealistic.

(BTW, I enjoyed watching your TD catches from Montana and Young).

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

War the ravens!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would like to see the Ravens win as well. With everything that has happened with Torrey Smith and his brother and with Lewis' retirement I think it would be a good ending to the season. I have no problems with San Fran but truthfully I think they are going to be back in the SB before you know it. That defense is young and stacked.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think the 49ers will win, but personally I'll be rooting for the Ravens. I really don't like the 49ers, and am not a great fan of the Ravens either. But Ray Lewis beats Kaepernick in terms of notable players that I would prefer to win, so I'll probably just get drunk and hope they both lose, and its an entertaining game.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hello,

im freakin' inlove with hocket, january 19 is better then christmas!

Im sharing this to y'all out there, little peace of boxing on ice.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The awkward moment when you just read NHL Insteed of NFL....

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hahaha...... no problem, bro. One letter can make a lot of difference.
    BTW, I scored it 10-9 Volpatti.

I know they're on skates, but just once one of them should try letting go of the other guy's jersey momentarily and throw a left hook.
    He'll either connect and put the guy down, or miss and go sprawling on the ice.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Anyone watch the pro bowl? Apart from JJ watt looking pleased as pie to have a finger bleeding like an extra rare steak, I would be kind of amused to see his prediction of a 3-0 final come true!

I watched the first half, and pretty entertaining stuff, although not too serious.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As fanatical as I am about the NFL, I've never watched a Pro Bowl. I just can't bring myself to watch a meaningless game which is basically a Hawaiian vacation for the better players of the league and their families. It's obvious from the score that the defense plays as to not get hurt.

Thread Information