Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Morales: "THERE'S NO PRESSURE ON ME."

Seconds Out!!!

By Ray Kilgore: On a media conference call last week, Erick Morales told the press he expects to win his trilogy fight against Manny Pacquiao Saturday night, and the victory will help regain his lost status as an elite fighter.

Morales is coming off three losses in his last four bouts, with one of those defeats coming via a KO to from Pacquiao. Morales says the fight this Saturday in Las Vegas will be different because he is not struggling to make weight and feels better mentally.

full article here...
    http://secondsout.com/USA/news.cfm?ccs=229&cs=20730

What do you think boxing fanatics? Sounds like good news, maybe Erik will last 5 rounds instead of 4. hahaheeh ehhh .... ehhh

---I used to be a big Pac fan, years ago. Pac has the potential to become the next TRUE Superstar!
    He's faster than Bruce Lee, has power in both hands, and he comes to kill. How can you not like that? ... Then he knocked out my favorite.
    Just so you know, fellow Morales fans, I keep my brains NOW.... but on fight night I'm ALL FOR MORALES!!!! But not now... only on fight night will I give my boy a chance and root for him as if he's already the Champion. "ELL TERRIIBBBLE!"

I rooting for him to knock that silly smile off of Manny and Roach's face!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Morales: "THERE'S NO PRESSURE ON ME."

Quote Originally Posted by Gyrokai
    Seconds Out!!!
    http://secondsout.com/USA/news.cfm?ccs=229&cs=20730
    By Ray Kilgore: On a media conference call last week, Erick Morales told the press he expects to win his trilogy fight against Manny Pacquiao Saturday night, and the victory will help regain his lost status as an elite fighter.

Morales is coming off three losses in his last four bouts, with one of those defeats coming via a KO to from Pacquiao. Morales says the fight this Saturday in Las Vegas will be different because he is not struggling to make weight and feels better mentally.

He said: "I think I have always had trouble making weight. I am more conscious of it [weight issues] that is why I have taken my time for this fight."

Morales maintains he was motivated for the first Pacquiao fight because he had something to prove coming off the lost to Marco Antonio Barrera. As with most fighters, Morales refuses to admit his back-to-back defeats could be a sign his skills have deteriorated.

"For the second fight [with Pacquiao], I made too many changes in my camp and routine - but you learn. For this fight, I will be one hundred percent. We worked real hard the last three months."

Morales rejected he need to win this fight to keep his career alive. "I feel very good; I feel no pressure. I know what I need to do to win this fight...I don't feel any pressure."

Surprisingly, promoter Bob Arum says tickets sells have been great given Morales has not won a fight since March of 2005 when he beat Pacquiao in their first fight. Arum reports 13,000 tickets have been sold, and he was confident the remaining 4,000 would go fast.

As reported by SecondsOut's Paul Upham, Arum became upset that the WBC is looking to sanction the Pacquiao-Morales fight as an 'eliminator'.

However, Arum did agree fans have been cheated out in "big" pay-pre-view fights as of lately. "The public has been buying into pay-per-views that have been garbage. Barrera versus [Rocky] Juarez and [Floyd] Mayweather [Carlos] Baldomir."

But how does Arum justify Morales v Pacquiao III, a fight most see as a foregone conclusion, being on pay-per-view?

"Because both [fighters] come to fight." Arum further adds, "There is a buzz for this fight and the last fight did 370,000 buys."

Morales' focus is on Pacquiao and says he is not looking at a new fighting style for this match. "There is not much to change...I am ready to go the twelve rounds."

Yet, Morales has made one important adjustment in bringing his father back into camp. "I am happy to have my dad back. All we talked about is having him back. He knows my weaknesses and strengths." Its clear Morales is more excited about his not struggling with his weight. "I heard the other guy [Pacquiao] is saying that I can't make 130 [pounds]." He continues, "I have been in a lot of tough fights but a lot of my problems have been making weight. For this fight I feel very good...[and] after November 18, we will find out how good I feel."

What do you think boxing fanatics? Sounds like good news, maybe Erik will last 5 rounds instead of 4. hahaheeh ehhh .... ehhh

---I used to be a big Pac fan, years ago. Pac has the potential to become the next TRUE Superstar!
    He's faster than Bruce Lee, has power in both hands, and he comes to kill. How can you not like that? ... Then he knocked out my favorite.
    Just so you know, fellow Morales fans, I keep my brains NOW.... but on fight night I'm ALL FOR MORALES!!!! But not now... only on fight night will I give my boy a chance and root for him as if he's already the Champion. "ELL TERRIIBBBLE!"

I rooting for him to knock that silly smile off of Manny and Roach's face!
    I'm not. EM was smug as hell on the HBO countdown. He seems to attribute his loss to the fact that he was weight drained not the fact that Manny landed a ton of power punches to his face and made Eric's nose look like a lowercase s. I'm hoping that Manny destroys him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by albsur2006
    I'm not. EM was smug as hell on the HBO countdown. He seems to attribute his loss to the fact that he was weight drained not the fact that Manny landed a ton of power punches to his face and made Eric's nose look like a lowercase s. I'm hoping that Manny destroys him.
    And attributing the Pacquiao loss to boxing gloves is not Smug as Hell?

You gotta understand, Erik doesn't talk trash or disrespect until he HAS been himself.

DUDE!!! Have you been listening all this time? Manny and Roach have been giving EVERY excuse about the first fight LOSS in the BOOK!!!! heheh Seriously. Never giving Erik the much deserved credit for the first fight. To this day, Roach and Manny gives excuses!

I didn't watch the HBO countdown. Don't want to. I bet HBO made Pacquiao to be a sweetheart.
    They feel Pacquao's gonna win, and they want him to look good for the public on his "Superstar" debut.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You gotta understand, Erik doesn't talk trash or disrespect until he HAS been himself.

DUDE!!! Have you been listening all this time? Manny and Roach have been giving EVERY excuse about the first fight LOSS in the BOOK!!!! heheh Seriously. Never giving Erik the much deserved credit for the first fight. To this day, Roach and Manny gives excuses!

I didn't watch the HBO countdown. Don't want to. I bet HBO made Pacquiao to be a sweetheart.
    They feel Pacquao's gonna win, and they want him to look good for the public on his "Superstar" debut.
    CC Gyro we have to give Erick Credit if he is on top of his game he will destroy Pac man

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bond007

CC Gyro we have to give Erick Credit if he is on top of his game he will destroy Pac man
    Back at yah.
    Erik DOES have the style and attitude to give Manny problems. Which is perhaps why there still is a buzz about this fight coming, even though Erik has left his prime while Manny is in his with full stride.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pressure or no pressure. Morales ain't losing this fight

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tell me about it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise
    Pressure or no pressure. Morales ain't losing this fight
    cc Glad to see you around. Seeing a true Erik Believer is refreshing as hell.
    I think your name is Violent Demise because you always challenge everybody. With that kind of "Tony Montana" attitude, you may have a Violent Demise. heheh

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMicK

Tell me about it?
    cc If I haven't already. Yep.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Morrales was a great boxer, and in his prime Isee him maybe easily beating Pacquaio, but has he had alot of wars which have taken their toll, and I think his days of beating p4p fighters are done.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Taeth
    Morrales was a great boxer, and in his prime Isee him maybe easily beating Pacquaio, but has he had alot of wars which have taken their toll, and I think his days of beating p4p fighters are done.
    Agreed, to the tee! cc... even though on fight night I'm going to have to transform and be ALL Morales!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tell me about it?
    not to take away from erik the credit he truly deserves for fighting such a tremendous tactical fight
    pac truly has a lot of distractions on and off the ring
    well id say its not just the gloves (which they combat with)
    its the promoter, its the hotel room, its the his foreign manager suing his local manager
    but the most evident and tolerable excuse is the nasty cut he had w/c he got from an accidental headbutt, that really caused him to loss a substantial amount of blood
    plus... in case you guys doesnt know..
    some asshole authourized someone to retook blood from him
    and this is what made him sue his ex promoter murad muhammad
    they all got the're mouths zipped about this because they've got the $$$$$$$$$ they wanted and i believe there is an agreement that ordered them to stop nagging about it
    2 LITERS OF BLOOD MAKES A BIG DIFFERENCE
    that is if you all believe me and what i said
    anyway its been a great story for both fighters
    lets just wait till saturday
    see ya all at the DRBR after the fight

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by the_answer

Tell me about it?
    not to take away from erik the credit he truly deserves for fighting such a tremendous tactical fight
    its the promoter, its the hotel room, its the his foreign manager suing his local manager
    but the most evident and tolerable excuse is the nasty cut he had w/c he got from an accidental headbutt, that really caused him to loss a substantial amount of blood
    they all got the're mouths zipped about this because they've got the $$$$$$$$$ they wanted and i believe there is an agreement that ordered them to stop nagging about it
    Well Morales' camp in the second fight was his worst, and without his father. --There's another excuse I won't attribute to the second loss. Pac was just better that night.

And . HAHAHAHAHA!!!
    2 LITERS of BLOOD!!! Only an idiot would give blood! haahaha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by the_answer

Tell me about it?
    Well Morales' camp in the second fight was his worst, and without his father. --There's another excuse I won't attribute to the second loss. Pac was just better that night.

And . HAHAHAHAHA!!!
    2 LITERS of BLOOD!!! Only an idiot would give blood! haahaha
    HAHAHAHA I agree mate prior to the second fight he was saying he was in the shape of his life had the best camp ever etc etc, boxers say what us fans want to hear, i dont listen to that i look at the two fights and take my judgements from that and that is PAC KO10/11.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

To be fair,both sides have done their fair share of talking,the difference is Morales says it at press conferences whereas Manny says it in some interview far away first and second,if I recall correctly,Pac and Roach were hyping something called the Mannila Ice that they were going to use on Erik,I think Erik felt disrespected by that. I think that really got under his skin,I remember an interview about it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo
    To be fair,both sides have done their fair share of talking,the difference is Morales says it at press conferences whereas Manny says it in some interview far away first and second,if I recall correctly,Pac and Roach were hyping something called the Mannila Ice that they were going to use on Erik,I think Erik felt disrespected by that. I think that really got under his skin,I remember an interview about it.
    Yes defintly mate im not laughing at Morales, but he was making the same noises prior to fight 2, but i love Morales and out of the two i hope he wins ( lost some $$$ when he was beaton last time) but i just cant see it.

Thread Information