Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Pete Doherty's solo album Grace/Wastelands kicks ass

I'm a big fan of all his work, but I'm really impressed by his solo album so far. He shows a great deal of growth, both musically and lyrically.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BP72cFjx69U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAX6DbM6xlY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6RIhLaCEuY

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Pete Doherty's solo album Grace/Wastelands kicks ass

I've not listened to it yet, but am fixing that as I speak. I love a lot of The Libertines stuff, and Babyshambles though nowhere near as good, had some decent tracks. Will give this a listen later.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's seems pretty good, need to listen to it more for it to grow though.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'll have a listen later. I think the blokes a cock,but the Libertines second album is a masterpiece!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Who the fuck is stupid enough to buy his albumthink about it folks....."if there was a fucking crack head hanging around the streets asking you for a tenner or £12 would you really give him it?"

NO would be your answers so why the fuck are you all interested in him??Are you all punch drunk or something??

Same goes for that "Pain in the arse Amy Winehouse".Whoever buys albums let alone listen to people songs like Winehose and Doherty are just stupid!!!Think about it your making them rich as fuck,,,give the money to me,im hard working are im no fucking waste of skin.My adress is................................................ .....................

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post
    I'm a big fan of all his work, but I'm really impressed by his solo album so far. He shows a great deal of growth, both musically and lyrically.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BP72cFjx69U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAX6DbM6xlY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6RIhLaCEuY

HE IS A COCK,WASTE OF SKIN!!!SO WOULD YOU GIVE YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY TO A CRACK HEAD ON THE STREET??...................SOO WOULD YOU.IF YOU BUY HIS ALBUM THEN IM AFFRAID YOU MIGHT AS WELL GIVE IT TO A SMACK HEAD BEGGING ON THE STREETS!!!!

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Don't worry Yvonne, I downloaded it free of charge.

He knows how to write a song though, so though we might not all agree with his recreational pursuits, the music can speak for itself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post

He knows how to write a song though, so though we might not all agree with his recreational pursuits, the music can speak for itself.

What message does he set for up and coming youngsters of today"Yes mammy and Daddy i want to be like Pete Doherty when i grow up!"

some fucking role model he is.

Can you imagine a famous boxer who was a crack head making a fortune still like he does.The boxer would'nt stand a chance.Even know you are not paying for his cd you are still wasting time of your life listening to his crap.

I'll give you a tip.....Listen to the Verve and i'll be happy with your taste of real good music mate!

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by yvonne View Post

What message does he set for up and coming youngsters of today"Yes mammy and Daddy i want to be like Pete Doherty when i grow up!"

Can you imagine a famous boxer who was a crack head making a fortune still like he does.The boxer would'nt stand a chance.Even know you are not paying for his cd you are still wasting time of your life listening to his crap.

I'll give you a tip.....Listen to the Verve and i'll be happy with your taste of real good music mate!
    He is a crap role model, I agree. But it's about the tunes. Even Richard Ashcroft has been known to use a few illegal substances in his time. Again its about the tunes.

I don't inject heroin, even though I love The Velvet Underground! It's just about the music.

I learned to live life without being a junke and I'm sure others can do it too, shouldn't stop people listening to some music. If it's crap then people won't buy it and then Doherty just goes away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He is a crap role model, I agree. But it's about the tunes. Even Richard Ashcroft has been known to use a few illegal substances in his time. Again its about the tunes.

I don't inject heroin, even though I love The Velvet Underground! It's just about the music.

I learned to live life without being a junke and I'm sure others can do it too, shouldn't stop people listening to some music. If it's crap then people won't buy it and then Doherty just goes away.

Maybe Ashcroft might have had the odd drug but i dare bet he did'nt write words and lyrics in his own shit and blood all over the walls of his nice posh apartment down in London did hethe scruffy git.Enjoy his literally shit songs and lyrics mate.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Maybe Ashcroft might have had the odd drug but i dare bet he did'nt write words and lyrics in his own shit and blood all over the walls of his nice posh apartment down in London did hethe scruffy git.Enjoy his literally shit songs and lyrics mate.
    I don't know about all that. It's an alright album though and I give it a 6/10. It is nothing special though.

I'm not massively into Doherty, so just chill out!

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Gotta love it when people tell you what to like because of their own moral hangups. Who cares about an artists personal life? 90% of the great artists throughout history, who have produced so many great works, were fucked up in some way. Sometimes that misery is the driving force behind much of what they create. I guess no one should listen to the Beatles because John Lennon was a drug addict, or Nirvana, or a million other greats bands.

To quote comedian Bill Hicks:
    "If you don't believe drugs have done good things for us, do me a
    favor, go home tonight and take all your albums, all your tapes all
    your CDs and burn 'em, 'cause you know what? The musicians who made
    all that great music that's enhanced your lives throughout the years
    were real fuckin' high on drugs."
    As for "the kids", if they need to look to someone like Pete Doherty as a role model because of his personal life, then I would argue that there is something seriously wrong with that child. I've never, ever heard a kid say "I wanna be a junkie just like that nut job Pete Doherty when I grow up because Up The Bracket is such an awesome song."

If you don't like it, that's fine - don't listen to it. But don't get on your soapbox and tell me I'm an idiot because of the music I like.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Gotta love it when people tell you what to like because of their own moral hangups. Who cares about an artists personal life? 90% of the great artists throughout history, who have produced so many great works, were fucked up in some way. Sometimes that misery is the driving force behind much of what they create. I guess no one should listen to the Beatles because John Lennon was a drug addict, or Nirvana, or a million other greats bands.

As for "the kids", if they need to look to someone like Pete Doherty as a role model because of his personal life, then I would argue that there is something seriously wrong with that child. I've never, ever heard a kid say "I wanna be a junkie just like that nut job Pete Doherty when I grow up because Up The Bracket is such an awesome song."

If you don't like it, that's fine - don't listen to it. But don't get on your soapbox and tell me I'm an idiot because of the music I like.
    It is good, but it's not exactly Hunky Dory. it reminds me of the recent Brett Anderson album. Nice songs, nothing to tell the grandchildren though.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It is good, but it's not exactly Hunky Dory. it reminds me of the recent Brett Anderson album. Nice songs, nothing to tell the grandchildren though.
    I felt that way at first, but its really grown on me. I like how he's showing a great deal of musical and lyrical growth.

Who's Brett Anderson?

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I felt that way at first, but its really grown on me. I like how he's showing a great deal of musical and lyrical growth.

Who's Brett Anderson?
    Former Suede singer gone solo. Made two solo albums, both alright nothing special though.

Thread Information