Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Vitali's 1st career: KICKboxing!!??

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Vitali's 1st career: KICKboxing!!??

If u want great kickboxers Fenster here:

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    @THE PHILOSOPHER - Who's calling you Lyle?

Lyle is the Klits biggest ever fan (well until you arrived).
    Oh right...ermhhh OK then.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What's kickboxing have to do with me? What's going on?
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What's kickboxing have to do with me? What's going on?
    Who bumped this thread, thought it was u? Might have been someone else. Someone has a thing for kickboxing because this was an old thread which is cool as my background is in the sport...

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No it wasn't me.

It was funny to see, after all the years of wind-ups, that Vitali did actually get knocked out by a head kick and not a blow to the leg. (That's what @Lyle was for, who is El Kabong these days)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No it wasn't me.

It was funny to see, after all the years of wind-ups, that Vitali did actually get knocked out by a head kick and not a blow to the leg. (That's what @Lyle was for, who is El Kabong these days)
    Yeah so what Maskaev stopped him too! Reid was never a great kickboxer and he was a much worse boxer. Vitali on the otherhand went onto become a 3 x champ.

I never got the impression el kabong was a major K2 fan! Where is he these days anyway? Haven't seen him post.

P.s I recommend u dip your toes into the world of kickboxing/muay thai. Every boxing fan should..

Great fighters and athletes a plenty.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by THE PHILOSOPHER View Post
    No it wasn't me.

Yeah so what Maskaev stopped him too! Reid was never a great kickboxer and he was a much worse boxer. Vitali on the otherhand went onto become a 3 x champ.

I never got the impression el kabong was a major K2 fan! Where is he these days anyway? Haven't seen him post.

P.s I recommend u dip your toes into the world of kickboxing/muay thai. Every boxing fan should..

Great fighters and athletes a plenty.

Did Vitali have a tag team partner in the kickboxing like he does in boxing?

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The news story about Vitali Klitschko’s kickboxing is NOT that he lost to Pele Reid (a guy who tried Boxing and didn’t make it!) All top Kickboxers have gotten clocked cold even the best ones like Rob kaman, Branko cikatic, Ernesto Hoost, Peter Aerts, Bernardo, Hug, LeBanner, Theriault, Dekkers, Bille etc. It’s happened often, so that isn’t news to proper kickboxing fans. Kickboxing is a much more brutal/competitive sport than HW boxing it has a big history in eastern europe for youngsters, in fact you could argue that the HW division in boxing and even boxing as a whole has lost a of potential boxing champions to kickboxing. Alexey ignashov being one example....

The news story here is that Klitschko ran through all the available competition in Europe in the late 80’s, early 90’s, became a multiple world champion, and he did it all as a teenager ! (Albeit the competition he fought wasn't of the calibre of the above mentioned but still...)

The pele Reid match was in Varna, Bulgaria at the WAKO European Kickboxing Championships, but it took place in 1992, not 93’.

But because Klitschko actually became famous years later on the world stage, that stoppage loss to Reid has become quite a little controversy, but accounts of what happened contrast sharply.

I don’t see why it couldn’t have happened, as Klitschko was just a kid at the time (20), and a rail thin 6’7.5” 196 pounder who hadn’t even gotten to the peak of his amateur Boxing career yet, but it’s difficult it is to get verification of it.

Vitali remembers it being a leg kick for which he had to retire from the fight,a number of others offer up the same recollection:

When asked, Vitali states:
    “Who is Pele Reid? It was so long ago that I forgot all about him. Nobody knows who Pele Reid is. My fight with him was a semi-contact kickboxing match. I lost that fight because of a kick to my thigh, not a punch. The thigh had been injured previously, and I shouldn’t have participated in the match, but I was a determined boy”.

I’m told that Master Meiji Suzuki of the Mugendo in London had no recollection of it being a head kick.
    Dwyer Evelyn, John Lawson, Keith Wilson, Raf Nieto, George McKenzie and Desmond Burke didn’t recall a head kick being involved either, but I personally have no idea if any of them were there in Bulgaria that day & it’s not my place to say if any of them were even in position to know one way or the other.

I do know that aside from Reid himself, during at interview with writer Matt Winsper, that Gary Turner is the source always quoted when the idea of a kick to the head of Klitschko comes up.

I know also that Reid never said a word about it to the press until very recently, after the story about a head kick had already circulated for a while.

That tape would be a great thing to put up on Youtube, if it exists, but so far, nothing.

James warring was another successful boxer/kickboxer winning world titles in both sports.

Bottom line is vitali was much better as a boxer than a kickboxer. Part of that may be due to maturing (Being at his peak) while in boxing, but I think it also has to do with Vitali simply being a better boxer than a kickboxer.

He beat Brad Hefton & Ryushi Yanagisawa (Pancrase fighter)....I believe he also beat Australian kickboxer Grant Barker.

Make of all that what you will but i suggest if you really want to see Vitaly get knocked out you have 2 options:

1. Hypnotize Wlad and brain wash him into believing that the real Vitaly is trapped in another dimension and unless he fights the impostor he'll never return. Then hope and pray that it works and that Wladimir himself doesn't get knocked out.

2. Play Fight Night, put it on easy. Swing away.I think there is also a video of Vitali getting KD in a school fight when he was 6 years old. Im sure you can use that to discredit vitali alsoatsch
    @THE PHILOSOPHER - I understand now why you got confused, you posted that the KO was just a leg kick too, but this is old news to me. We've been talking about this subject for years on this site. And Lyle was adamant it was a leg kick.

I didn't realise you had posted this.

It's nice to finally get the truth.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TysonBomb View Post
    The news story about Vitali Klitschko’s kickboxing is NOT that he lost to Pele Reid (a guy who tried Boxing and didn’t make it!) All top Kickboxers have gotten clocked cold even the best ones like Rob kaman, Branko cikatic, Ernesto Hoost, Peter Aerts, Bernardo, Hug, LeBanner, Theriault, Dekkers, Bille etc. It’s happened often, so that isn’t news to proper kickboxing fans. Kickboxing is a much more brutal/competitive sport than HW boxing it has a big history in eastern europe for youngsters, in fact you could argue that the HW division in boxing and even boxing as a whole has lost a of potential boxing champions to kickboxing. Alexey ignashov being one example....

The news story here is that Klitschko ran through all the available competition in Europe in the late 80’s, early 90’s, became a multiple world champion, and he did it all as a teenager ! (Albeit the competition he fought wasn't of the calibre of the above mentioned but still...)

The pele Reid match was in Varna, Bulgaria at the WAKO European Kickboxing Championships, but it took place in 1992, not 93’.

But because Klitschko actually became famous years later on the world stage, that stoppage loss to Reid has become quite a little controversy, but accounts of what happened contrast sharply.

I don’t see why it couldn’t have happened, as Klitschko was just a kid at the time (20), and a rail thin 6’7.5” 196 pounder who hadn’t even gotten to the peak of his amateur Boxing career yet, but it’s difficult it is to get verification of it.

Vitali remembers it being a leg kick for which he had to retire from the fight,a number of others offer up the same recollection:

When asked, Vitali states:
    “Who is Pele Reid? It was so long ago that I forgot all about him. Nobody knows who Pele Reid is. My fight with him was a semi-contact kickboxing match. I lost that fight because of a kick to my thigh, not a punch. The thigh had been injured previously, and I shouldn’t have participated in the match, but I was a determined boy”.

I’m told that Master Meiji Suzuki of the Mugendo in London had no recollection of it being a head kick.
    Dwyer Evelyn, John Lawson, Keith Wilson, Raf Nieto, George McKenzie and Desmond Burke didn’t recall a head kick being involved either, but I personally have no idea if any of them were there in Bulgaria that day & it’s not my place to say if any of them were even in position to know one way or the other.

I do know that aside from Reid himself, during at interview with writer Matt Winsper, that Gary Turner is the source always quoted when the idea of a kick to the head of Klitschko comes up.

I know also that Reid never said a word about it to the press until very recently, after the story about a head kick had already circulated for a while.

That tape would be a great thing to put up on Youtube, if it exists, but so far, nothing.

James warring was another successful boxer/kickboxer winning world titles in both sports.

Bottom line is vitali was much better as a boxer than a kickboxer. Part of that may be due to maturing (Being at his peak) while in boxing, but I think it also has to do with Vitali simply being a better boxer than a kickboxer.

He beat Brad Hefton & Ryushi Yanagisawa (Pancrase fighter)....I believe he also beat Australian kickboxer Grant Barker.

Make of all that what you will but i suggest if you really want to see Vitaly get knocked out you have 2 options:

1. Hypnotize Wlad and brain wash him into believing that the real Vitaly is trapped in another dimension and unless he fights the impostor he'll never return. Then hope and pray that it works and that Wladimir himself doesn't get knocked out.

2. Play Fight Night, put it on easy. Swing away.I think there is also a video of Vitali getting KD in a school fight when he was 6 years old. Im sure you can use that to discredit vitali alsoatsch

Vitali didn't forget that KO and never will ... he was kicked square in the jaw not in his "injured thigh." His credibility is a joke just like his boxing career.

Now if only there was footage of the bout he had with Maskaev in the amateurs where he got dropped 3 times and TKOed in the first round

Here's Vitali accusing him of "lying"

Vitali Klitschko Called Maskaev a Liar - Kommersant Moscow

The PED abusing gangly armed freak is currently ducking Haye
    He's ducking Haye? Oh boy... I gotta necro a few threads about Haye's back problems and promotional problems then.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I understand now why you got confused, you posted that the KO was just a leg kick too, but this is old news to me. We've been talking about this subject for years on this site. And Lyle was adamant it was a leg kick.
    Why am i confused? My post stated 'I don't know wether it happened for sure or not and it could have happened' (paraphrasing) did it not? I posted what VK remembered of the incident not what i saw! Vitali being a proud man probably did not want to admit to it.....

I'm not confused mate it was never a subject anyone really dwelled upon i just gave my thoughts and the thoughts of others. Certainly not suprising by any means. Kickboxing is a different animal together. Reid was pretty shit though TBH. Fenster it's irrelevant what happened to a 20 year old VK in a semi contact match really isn't it!

U seem to have a problem with me for some reason LOL. Each to there own. As for your tag team comment! Laughable! Out of the 100 or so opponent's they have fought they have about 5 common opponents between them! LOL. By your logic Holmes and Cooney were a tag team too then right?

5 LOL That flies in the face of the idea that there has been no compeition available for them too... 2 dominant champs and only 5 common opponents! VK and TYSON have the same amount of common opponents as K2 do! Are they a tag team too Fenster?? LOL.

This era is unique in that the top 2 will not fight each other, but then again the top 2 of any other era have not been brothers have they! Get over it....
    Last edited by THE PHILOSOPHER; 01-25-2013 at 08:48 PM.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I understand now why you got confused, you posted that the KO was just a leg kick too, but this is old news to me. We've been talking about this subject for years on this site. And Lyle was adamant it was a leg kick.
    Why am i confused? My post stated 'I don't know wether it happened for sure or not and it could have happened' (paraphrasing) did it not? I posted what VK remembered of the incident not what i saw! Vitali being a proud man probably did not want to admit to it.....

I'm not confused mate it was never a subject anyone really dwelled upon i just gave my thoughts and the thoughts of others. Certainly not suprising by any means. Kickboxing is a different animal together. Reid was pretty shit though TBH. Fenster it's irrelevant what happened to a 20 year old VK in a semi contact match really isn't it!

U seem to have a problem with me for some reason LOL. Each to there own. As for your tag team comment! Laughable! Out of the 100 or so opponent's they have fought they have about 5 common opponents between them! LOL. By your logic Holmes and Cooney were a tag team too then right?

5 LOL That flies in the face of the idea that there has been no compeition available for them too... 2 dominant champs and only 5 common opponents! VK and TYSON have the same amount of common opponents as K2 do! Are they a tag team too Fenster?? LOL.

This era is unique in that the top 2 will not fight each other, but then again the top 2 of any other era have not been brothers have they! Get over it....
    @THE PHILOSOPHER - Whoa.. you need to slow down a minute, you've got the wrong end of the stick. I meant you was confused by my comment aimed specifically at Lyle. I didn't even know you posted about the "leg kick" until I looked back at the thread. I don't have a problem with you.

As for the tag team stuff - You can't have TWO "world" champions, a chimpanzee can grasp why that logic is utterly ludicrous, you're either the best in the world or you're not. It's the very fact they haven't competed against common opposition is what makes their position so weak.

For 5 years the top two heavyweights have been unable to meet and have fought one common opponent between them. That quite simply means it's IMPOSSIBLE to establish who the true "world" champ is. TWO champions just means there are more shitty challengers that would have never got a shot with one TRUE established champ.

You can't credit Vitali's wins to Wlad. You can't credit Wlad's wins to Vitali. They are individuals. Fact. It's unfortunate they harmed each others place in the history of boxing but also something that can't just be ignored.

Holmes and Tyson were both lineal champions. They were men that beat the man. There was never any doubt they were WORLD champ.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

@THE PHILOSOPHER - Whoa.. you need to slow down a minute, you've got the wrong end of the stick. I meant you was confused by my comment aimed specifically at Lyle. I didn't even know you posted about the "leg kick" until I looked back at the thread. I don't have a problem with you.

As for the tag team stuff - You can't have TWO "world" champions, a chimpanzee can grasp why that logic is utterly ludicrous, you're either the best in the world or you're not. It's the very fact they haven't competed against common opposition is what makes their position so weak.

For 5 years the top two heavyweights have been unable to meet and have fought one common opponent between them. That quite simply means it's IMPOSSIBLE to establish who the true "world" champ is. TWO champions just means there are more shitty challengers that would have never got a shot with one TRUE established champ.

You can't credit Vitali's wins to Wlad. You can't credit Wlad's wins to Vitali. They are individuals. Fact. It's unfortunate they harmed each others place in the history of boxing but also something that can't just be ignored.

Holmes and Tyson were both lineal champions. They were men that beat the man. There was never any doubt they were WORLD champ.
    Was Spinks the "champ" when he stripped of the IBF title for ducking Tony Tucker and was fighting washed up Gerry Cooney or was it Tyson who won a clear deciison over Tucker and was ravaging his way through the division and completely destroying one champion after another.

Was Tyson the champion when he acquired every major belt annihilating anyone that stood in his path or was it Spinks sitting at home shiting himself with his "lineal title"?

I do agree with everything else you've posted ... Klitschko fans believe that Vitali and Wlad share wins amongst each other ... for example, Vitali lost to Chris Byrd and ducked him for the remainder of his career but since Wlad beat him it some how makes up for that and it means that Vitali would beat him.

NO that isn't how it works. They are two DIFFERENT people and two completely different fighters. Wlad has shit and menstrual fluid stained tissue paper chin and fights like a stiff robotic b*tch while Vitali has a very good chin and has an awkward, fluid, flamboyant homo type style. Tyson would rape both of them and crush their souls and Holmes would out box both as well.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wlad has shit and menstrual fluid stained tissue paper chin and fights like a stiff robotic b*tch while Vitali has a very good chin and has an awkward, fluid, flamboyant homo type style. Tyson would rape both of them and crush their souls and Holmes would out box both as well.
    Wouldn't a simple good-bye have sufficed?

Key word here is highlighted. I don't doubt your assertion that he would try to force himself on them in the slightest. Less of the aggressive language please. Mods r u asleep at the wheel here guys i see very little curtailing!
    Last edited by THE PHILOSOPHER; 01-26-2013 at 03:37 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Holmes and Tyson were both lineal champions. They were men that beat the man. There was never any doubt they were WORLD champ
    I have no doubt VK & WK are world champions too. Bit like Jones & DM. There not gunna fight so just get over it...

P.s Apologies for the mix up though.
    Last edited by THE PHILOSOPHER; 01-26-2013 at 03:44 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wlad has shit and menstrual fluid stained tissue paper chin and fights like a stiff robotic b*tch while Vitali has a very good chin and has an awkward, fluid, flamboyant homo type style. Tyson would rape both of them and crush their souls and Holmes would out box both as well.
    Wouldn't a simple good-bye have sufficed?

Key word here is highlighted. I don't doubt your assertion that he would try to force himself on them in the slightest. Less of the aggressive language please. Mods r u asleep at the wheel here guys i see very little curtailing!

Thread Information