Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Chavez Jr.'s lack of professionalism embodies all that is wrong with boxing"

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: "Chavez Jr.'s lack of professionalism embodies all that is wrong with boxing"

Chavez Sr. literally grew up in a cardboard box and started fighting pro at 15 in hopes his mother wouldn't have to do peoples laundry anymore. He may not be disgusted with Jr's lazy ass, but he sure as hell couldn't be proud of him.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: "Chavez Jr.'s lack of professionalism embodies all that is wrong with boxing"

Quote Originally Posted by ElTerribleMorales View Post
    Y! SPORTS

seems to be the general consensus aside from two groupies
    -__- the only groupie is you. The kid is an asshole. I can admit when my own fuck up. I have never liked Margarito. I wanted to like Chavez Jr but fuck him. 2 pounds away from LHW. Brian is only taking the fight for the $. Chavez gets no credit even if he wins.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by outspoken View Post
    Y! SPORTS

-__- the only groupie is you. The kid is an asshole. I can admit when my own fuck up. I have never liked Margarito. I wanted to like Chavez Jr but fuck him. 2 pounds away from LHW. Brian is only taking the fight for the $. Chavez gets no credit even if he wins.
    sorry buddy, no groupie here, if it was Cotto or Trinidad himself he'd be getting just as criticized for this blatant lack of professionalism, Chavez is just as bad as Joan Guzman, and should be treated as such, Guzman gets no high profile fights anymore and pretty much zero tv exposure, Chavez does cause he lives off his last name, yet the two that keep making excuses for the punk are clearly groupies, funny enough you're not even one of the ones that I thought of when making the statement, so cool your panties down little fella

and Chavez gets no credit because he deserves no credit, he should blow away all his opponents with ease seeing how he's always in there with a 20 lbs or higher weight advantage going into fights, he has yet to fight a guy the same size, and he never looks really spectacular while beating up smaller guys who are far from being world class, the only time he's stepped in with a real WORLD CLASS opponent, he got his ass beat up, despite the fact that his opponent is 38, 20 lbs lighter when already being a small middleweight, and was fighting with one hand and one leg already half way through the fight, I criticize Chavez for being a coddled punk because simply put, that's exactly what he is, it doesn't matter where he comes from the kid was raised with a silver spoon and tries to act like a bad ass while doing the equivalent of Tae Bo in his living room and trying to pass it off as training hard for a fight, his dad should be embarrassed of the joke of a fighter he's spawned, and Jr should either get serious or stop making a joke of the sport and move on to getting a job where he doesn't look like an ass
    Last edited by ElTerribleMorales; 09-28-2013 at 05:29 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Y! SPORTS

sorry buddy, no groupie here, if it was Cotto or Trinidad himself he'd be getting just as criticized for this blatant lack of professionalism, Chavez is just as bad as Joan Guzman, and should be treated as such, Guzman gets no high profile fights anymore and pretty much zero tv exposure, Chavez does cause he lives off his last name, yet the two that keep making excuses for the punk are clearly groupies, funny enough you're not even one of the ones that I thought of when making the statement, so cool your panties down little fella

and Chavez gets no credit because he deserves no credit, he should blow away all his opponents with ease seeing how he's always in there with a 20 lbs or higher weight advantage going into fights, he has yet to fight a guy the same size, and he never looks really spectacular while beating up smaller guys who are far from being world class, the only time he's stepped in with a real WORLD CLASS opponent, he got his ass beat up, despite the fact that his opponent is 38, 20 lbs lighter when already being a small middleweight, and was fighting with one hand and one leg already half way through the fight, I criticize Chavez for being a coddled punk because simply put, that's exactly what he is, it doesn't matter where he comes from the kid was raised with a silver spoon and tries to act like a bad ass while doing the equivalent of Tae Bo in his living room and trying to pass it off as training hard for a fight, his dad should be embarrassed of the joke of a fighter he's spawned, and Jr should either get serious or stop making a joke of the sport and move on to getting a job where he doesn't look like an ass
    Don't say this often to you but I agree. He could have worked hard and tried to prove people wrong but this incident just shows that he doesn't take this sport serious nor does he give a shit about his fans. Dude is 2 pounds away from lhw .... 2 divisons away from his limit ...that's a joke.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Y! SPORTS

Don't say this often to you but I agree. He could have worked hard and tried to prove people wrong but this incident just shows that he doesn't take this sport serious nor does he give a shit about his fans. Dude is 2 pounds away from lhw .... 2 divisons away from his limit ...that's a joke.
    most guys are tweeting about him being a disrespectful little shit on Twitter

Lennox Lewis :If ur a PROFESSIONAL fighter, it's ur duty to show up in shape at contracted weight and ready to fight! Just that simple.

Sergio Mora: I lost my title to the great Vernon Forrest 2nd time around honoring contract. It's called being a professional

Dan Rafeal: Chavez = disgrace who ignores contract weight. Canelo = professional who honored the 152 limit in his contract. #facts #boxing

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What do you expect from a fighter that eats junk food and froot-loops? This guy is spoiled. He doesn't have the dedication- what he has is a modicum of talent and a huge fan-base, thanks to his father.

With that being said- it's gonna have to take an ass whipping for this to change, for the better for Jr.

Mayweather was a little arrogant, spoiled and rode off on his father's and uncle's name- but NEVER was Mayweather this unprofessional, and never did he ever forget the name that he represents: "Mayweather!"

The name Mayweather was around before little Floyd was around.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The Mayweather scenario works completely the other way. Floyd sr abused his son and made him train so that he could be the fighter he never was close to being, the last name wouldn't have made a bit of difference. Floyd jr didn't have it remotely easy and he's never been even slightly unprofessional as far as boxing is concerned.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Camacho Jr. was a joke.... and so is Chavez Jr. Maybe even a bigger joke.

Bottom line:

A real man and boxing fan owns up to his mistakes. @outspoken, kudos for being objective. Something not everyone on JCC Jr.'s side is capable of. When you defend the indefensible, you lose all credibility.
    @Violent Demise, you never had any credibility to begin with. But this is low even by your standards. Word of advice: Cut your losses and drop the blind defense of Junior. Everyone here sees right through it. Or better yet..... continue defending him and trashing those who don't. You sink yourself lower and lower with each post.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Camacho Jr. was a joke.... and so is Chavez Jr. Maybe even a bigger joke.

Bottom line:

A real man and boxing fan owns up to his mistakes. @outspoken, kudos for being objective. Something not everyone on JCC Jr.'s side is capable of. When you defend the indefensible, you lose all credibility.
    @Violent Demise, you never had any credibility to begin with. But this is low even by your standards. Word of advice: Cut your losses and drop the blind defense of Junior. Everyone here sees right through it. Or better yet..... continue defending him and trashing those who don't. You sink yourself lower and lower with each post.
    Learn to read stupid. I don't agree with him missing weight. How the fuck can that be considered defending him?

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Chavez Jr continues to disgrace this sport

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    The Mayweather scenario works completely the other way. Floyd sr abused his son and made him train so that he could be the fighter he never was close to being, the last name wouldn't have made a bit of difference. Floyd jr didn't have it remotely easy and he's never been even slightly unprofessional as far as boxing is concerned.
    I disagree with the light-regard you give the Mayweather name pre-Floyd Jr.

The Mayweather name was, and still is, a HUGE boxing name. It's like how the Quarry's were, or the Spinks family. Their names are synonymous with boxing.

With that being said: Mayweather never abused it and rode around, getting fluffs from promoters, trainers, media, etc... until he, himself, became a star. Mayweather was fighting ESPN fights well up until his 10th fight.

And, YES- Mayweather worked HARD. That's what Chavez Jr. lacked. He has never been remotely considered unprofessional. You are correct and that's what I'm saying. Even as a stellar amatuer and an Olympian who was (felt like) he was robbed in 1996 of the gold medal match, he kept on working and working.

That's what I'm saying!!
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Thread Information