Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    What kind of smarts we talkin' here?

Book learnin' er Common sense?

I reckon you got miles beat on the common sense part
    Oh so you give him book smarts, that's complete bullshit, I have a library in my house, I've read the federalist papers, read twenty or more books on different philosophies, studied the major religions, I do mechanical work, electrical work and mental health counseling. This is a complete outrage. I can teach a class of 40 felons and wire a 480 motor. I should not even have to campaign, I'm like Hillary Clinton I'm a shoe in. Its obviously that it is cause I'm an American. I can change a 120 pound snub roller 30 feet in the air by myself and do a bio phsyco social on a schizophrenic and I'm rewiring my kitchen. This is a complete outrage and I'm leaving the forum.
    Well I don't know you as well....I certainly didn't say you were dumb, I called what I could plainly see.
    Wait you know miles better than me, have you met him, wtf is going on here. I thought me and miles were exclusive. This is like the worst day of my life
    Well I've had more interactions with him than you. He's old school on this site.
    That is a cop out. You have read enough of my posts to determine, within reason, my basic intelligence. Miles has been around forever but most of his posts are about leaving. You and I, though we don't one on one as they say, have an esoteric connection so you can perfectly make a judgement. You are trying to skirt around it but maybe it's just you being diplomatic which is noble, but sorry, I must demand a vote from you.

@Gandalf if you feel like making a campaign speech now is a good time

El Kabong Guest

Default Re: Walrus or miles

Mentioned
    945 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm not getting the results I'm looking for here. @Beanz I know we are enemies but could you please give your opinion on this subject. @TitoFan you as well. If you think miles takes it I understand but I must know. Miles, my review was excellent and I'm inline for a bump up in the engineering department. The other day I worked 17hrs straight as in the morning we had a major breakdown. My boss told me to go home as he said I looked so tired he thought I might pass out but I didn't want to leave the day shift guys figuring that massive problem by themselves. I'm surprised as I just talked to someone at work and they said the bosses are still talking about me doing that. So I feel in this category I beat you so that is a definite +1 for me. Unfortunately at this point it looks like with the few votes we have you are running away. @Ron Swanson I know you only post in boxing but now that we are bff may I intice you to please give a vote here. The rules prevent me from directly asking you to vote for me but they do allow me to ask you not to vote for miles.
    So far this shit is backfiring on me big time. @El Kabong where the fuck are you, I wouldn't leave you hanging
    So let me get this right. You are asking for people's opinion in the form of votes, for who is the smarter in a thread in which you have not included a poll, or the option for people to vote?
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    I'm not getting the results I'm looking for here. @Beanz I know we are enemies but could you please give your opinion on this subject. @TitoFan you as well. If you think miles takes it I understand but I must know. Miles, my review was excellent and I'm inline for a bump up in the engineering department. The other day I worked 17hrs straight as in the morning we had a major breakdown. My boss told me to go home as he said I looked so tired he thought I might pass out but I didn't want to leave the day shift guys figuring that massive problem by themselves. I'm surprised as I just talked to someone at work and they said the bosses are still talking about me doing that. So I feel in this category I beat you so that is a definite +1 for me. Unfortunately at this point it looks like with the few votes we have you are running away. @Ron Swanson I know you only post in boxing but now that we are bff may I intice you to please give a vote here. The rules prevent me from directly asking you to vote for me but they do allow me to ask you not to vote for miles.
    So far this shit is backfiring on me big time. @El Kabong where the fuck are you, I wouldn't leave you hanging
    So let me get this right. You are asking for people's opinion in the form of votes, for who is the smarter in a thread in which you have not included a poll, or the option for people to vote?
    I want it to be more of a discussion

Mentioned
    945 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    I want it to be more of a discussion
    Well top marks for epic irony fail then
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh so you give him book smarts, that's complete bullshit, I have a library in my house, I've read the federalist papers, read twenty or more books on different philosophies, studied the major religions, I do mechanical work, electrical work and mental health counseling. This is a complete outrage. I can teach a class of 40 felons and wire a 480 motor. I should not even have to campaign, I'm like Hillary Clinton I'm a shoe in. Its obviously that it is cause I'm an American. I can change a 120 pound snub roller 30 feet in the air by myself and do a bio phsyco social on a schizophrenic and I'm rewiring my kitchen. This is a complete outrage and I'm leaving the forum.
    I think I win on the common sense argument as I have never joined the military. I am someone who has walked out of jobs because I don't like the attitudes or behavior and there was Walrus taking orders for from the man. I have a mind of my own.

I've made some mistakes in life, but I have common sense. I have a good sense of intuition. I left my country at precisely the point everyone realised it was a bit rubbish. At key stages in my life I took the steps to increase my skillset and stay ahead of the pack. I invested sensibly. Avoided the pitfalls of becoming a parent. There is a lot of common sense going on there that people sometimes underestimate. I am a very canny chap.

If we are going to compare libraries. Well I don't have a library, but I do have a study room full of books such as "Understanding power:The indispensable Chomsky" or "The Complete works of Oscar Wilde" or "Advances in written text analysis". I don't have a great library, but I am reasonably well versed in my particular areas.

Just maybe it isn't a competition and we are two sides of a coin, Walrus. You cannot have one without the other meaning that I am not just practical and informed, but also philosophical and know how to reach my estranged lover.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post

I think I win on the common sense argument as I have never joined the military. I am someone who has walked out of jobs because I don't like the attitudes or behavior and there was Walrus taking orders for from the man. I have a mind of my own.

I've made some mistakes in life, but I have common sense. I have a good sense of intuition. I left my country at precisely the point everyone realised it was a bit rubbish. At key stages in my life I took the steps to increase my skillset and stay ahead of the pack. I invested sensibly. Avoided the pitfalls of becoming a parent. There is a lot of common sense going on there that people sometimes underestimate. I am a very canny chap.

If we are going to compare libraries. Well I don't have a library, but I do have a study room full of books such as "Understanding power:The indispensable Chomsky" or "The Complete works of Oscar Wilde" or "Advances in written text analysis". I don't have a great library, but I am reasonably well versed in my particular areas.

Just maybe it isn't a competition and we are two sides of a coin, Walrus. You cannot have one without the other meaning that I am not just practical and informed, but also philosophical and know how to reach my estranged lover.
    Miles I already won the common sense vote via el kabong. Just admit you loss as we move into the intelligence awards you could still tie this baby up, we could have a draw

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Plus we still need to judge who has the best scars, the cutest face, most pert arse, etc. These are all important factors too.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Or is it pertest, never used it before, haven't a clue. Intelligence rating falling fast.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well I don't know you as well....I certainly didn't say you were dumb, I called what I could plainly see.
    Wait you know miles better than me, have you met him, wtf is going on here. I thought me and miles were exclusive. This is like the worst day of my life
    Well I've had more interactions with him than you. He's old school on this site.

Relax, @walrus

He didn't mean sexual interactions. Miles is probably faithful to you.

As far as in the smarts department, sorry to weigh in so late..... been busy.

Give me some time to think about it.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

Relax, @walrus

He didn't mean sexual interactions. Miles is probably faithful to you.

As far as in the smarts department, sorry to weigh in so late..... been busy.

Give me some time to think about it.
    Fair enough but it shouldn't take that long

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm a smart bastard, but not as smart as I used to be. I am as full of self doubts and insecurities as anyone could be. You struggle to see yourself as smart with a mind that wants to bring you down.

I got great end of term evaluations, my 2nd best ever, but for weeks beforehand I was down on my performance. If I was smart I would have read the situation better and saw that despite crazy pressures and stress I was getting it done. I saw 32 doctors this semester. Got very depressed about it so was on atopilot sometimes.
    I am willing to give you a free +1.5 since you have been sick. I think that is only fair
    Last edited by walrus; 06-22-2017 at 03:41 PM.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If you are losing, claim an injury. That is what boxing has taught me.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

One thing miles in Gandalf both have in common is they're both cowards to show their faces in photos on this form so how can we judge who is cuter or who has the cutest cheeks or the finest nose or the most piercing eyes or a cleft chin Etc

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Plus we still need to judge who has the best scars, the cutest face, most pert arse, etc. These are all important factors too.
    Miles, despite never holding you close as I wish I can almost guarentee I won in the scar department. I have literally had parts taken from other parts to fix parts leaving one fix with three scars per each repair. Over one hundred stitches in my head and I am understating. As far as the ass goes you could take that one. Only had two girls said I had a nice ass and I have no idea if that's good or bad as I seldom think of my ass. @Master and my new buddy @Ron Swanson you guys have yet to cast a vote and I'm getting a resentment

Thread Information