Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Saunders v Andrade - Boston 20/10/18 - Sky/DAZN - CANCELLED

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Murata lost . Well so much for that Golovkin run.
    Murata has never really been convincing as a pro... not surprised he lost.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by palmerq View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Murata lost . Well so much for that Golovkin run.
    Murata has never really been convincing as a pro... not surprised he lost.
    At least more than convincing that he would beat a Rob Brant . Hey I'm all for upsets but missed this one.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I told you all Murata was basic and it was a BS fight for GGG to look at. He needs to fight someone talented

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    I told you all Murata was basic and it was a BS fight for GGG to look at. He needs to fight someone talented
    Shame you didn't tell us the underdog (Brant) would pull an obvious upset, we would have all been minted. The bookies thought the fight was much more competitive than "boxrec experts."

Juergen Braehmer schooled Brant, he would be a talented guy for Golovkin. Agree?
    Last edited by Fenster; 10-22-2018 at 09:04 AM.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Shame you didn't tell us the underdog (Brant) would pull an obvious upset, we would have all been minted. The bookies thought the fight was much more competitive than "boxrec experts."

Juergen Braehmer schooled Brant, he would be a talented guy for Golovkin. Agree?
    Yea those cards were way to wide. Brant won but it was closer. I had it 116-112.

Murata was so 'basic' he was a 6-1 favorite. Brant is a good fighter and set a tremendous pace. Murata fought 1 dimensionally, just trying to land his big right hand. Upsets happen, no one here saw this coming, or if they did, never posted about it.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Andrade looked fantastic but needed to score a KO here. Andrade is very skilled but I think he need to just jump on Walter and force the stoppage. He was outclassing him, he just needed to pounce on him for a round or 2 and I think he could have ended it.

Looking forward to seeing him against the other top guys at 160 tho.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post

Yea those cards were way to wide. Brant won but it was closer. I had it 116-112.

Murata was so 'basic' he was a 6-1 favorite. Brant is a good fighter and set a tremendous pace. Murata fought 1 dimensionally, just trying to land his big right hand. Upsets happen, no one here saw this coming, or if they did, never posted about it.
    He fought one dimensional but he wasn’t basic? Is that the argument?

Because I was quite clear before the fight just how basic he is. One dimensional sounds like basic to me.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Because I was quite clear before the fight just how basic he is. One dimensional sounds like basic to me.
    Styles make fights, didn't hear you say anything about Brant winning. I haven't seen Murata fight that badly before. He was just loading that right.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Styles make fights, didn't hear you say anything about Brant winning. I haven't seen Murata fight that badly before. He was just loading that right.
    I’ve never seen Brant fight, I wouldn’t make a prediction on him. I don’t make many predictions on fights at all actually. I more point to abilities and weaknesses. Like GGG having fantastic punch selection but the drawback of tipping his punches. If his left elbow is tight he’s looking down the middle 1-2, if it flairs a few inches he’s going to come around with the hook. These types of things can be used for others more arrogant to predict fights. I just speak on talent and on my obnoxious desire to see great fighters take good fights against talented fighters. And then I read the insults of me for daring to ask fighters to fight hahaha

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I’ve never seen Brant fight, I wouldn’t make a prediction on him. I don’t make many predictions on fights at all actually. I more point to abilities and weaknesses. Like GGG having fantastic punch selection but the drawback of tipping his punches. If his left elbow is tight he’s looking down the middle 1-2, if it flairs a few inches he’s going to come around with the hook. These types of things can be used for others more arrogant to predict fights. I just speak on talent and on my obnoxious desire to see great fighters take good fights against talented fighters. And then I read the insults of me for daring to ask fighters to fight hahaha
    No one is disagreeing with you about the best fighting the best.

As I said, Murata was a 6-1 favorite. This was considered an upset. Upsets happen. I don't think anyone here was saying Murata was an elite, but he had recorded a decent win at 160 and has shown to have decent skills. Like I said, Brant won the fight but it was much closer than the official cards. Now does that automatically mean Murata can't fight? Braehmer is a very good fighter, I think I was one of the few who were picking him to beat Callum Smith (there should be evidence of this), that fight was at 168 against a former light-heavyweight champ, did Brant freeze? Has he improved?

Not making predictions is like sitting on the fence, but then trying to comment on the outcomes after the fact shows even less.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I keep writing replies that turn into books so I erase them “nobody wants to read a book”

I’ll keep it simple. I want to see the same thing from GGG I’ve always wanted to see, him fight guys I believe are his most talented potential opponents. I didn’t believe Murata was that and I still don’t

People probably think I want to see GGG lose, that is not the case. I want to see greatness in sports.

Murata is no longer an option, I’m glad. I hope he fights someone that proves something about the division. I expect him to sit out waiting on Canelo, I really hope I’m wrong

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You have strongly voiced opinions, Ron.... which is good. We also don't always agree, which is good also. If I were to read a tone into what you just wrote, I'd interpret that you're saying GGG doesn't exactly want to fight the best because he was aiming for Murata. Fair enough... that might be your opinion. I, however, have always felt GGG will fight anybody. He and the "other dude at middleweight" are at opposite sides of the ducking and avoiding spectrum. You can't blame GGG for aiming for Murata. He was to fight Murata in Japan. That alone puts him head and shoulders above that "other dude at middleweight" who can't be budged from Las Vegas (well.... maybe to Texas). That says a LOT. When you don't have corrupt judges holding a net below you.... when you brave hostile crowds and maybe some home cooking judging.... you're doing what you can. If we fans don't agree with Opponent X or Opponent Y.... it's probably a bit unfair to dump that on GGG's lap. I can understand when you say you don't want GGG to lose... only to fight the best. Believe me.... the day GGG actually ducks somebody (or asks for a fight to be marinated).... I'll be first in line calling him a ducker. Meanwhile, we gotta be patient and let the big fights materialize. My opinion, of course.

Before you get all hot about the ducking thing, reread what you said about expecting him to sit out waiting on the "other dude at middleweight". That infers he'll pass on other opportunities for whatever reason. IMO Golovkin has never given his fans any reason he'll avoid any fight.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is the problem, Ron. It sticks out like a sore thumb when fans speak about fighters they know nothing about.
    Last edited by Fenster; 10-22-2018 at 11:55 PM.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is the problem, Ron. It sticks out like a sore thumb when fans speak about fighters they know nothing about.
    It was Murata I called basic, you called top 5. Who knows nothing about Murata? Get something right before you come at me. Just one thing right. I’ll enjoy the silence.
    Last edited by Fenster; 10-22-2018 at 11:56 PM.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I keep writing replies that turn into books so I erase them “nobody wants to read a book”

I’ll keep it simple. I want to see the same thing from GGG I’ve always wanted to see, him fight guys I believe are his most talented potential opponents. I didn’t believe Murata was that and I still don’t

People probably think I want to see GGG lose, that is not the case. I want to see greatness in sports.

Murata is no longer an option, I’m glad. I hope he fights someone that proves something about the division. I expect him to sit out waiting on Canelo, I really hope I’m wrong
    Novel's have their time and place and if your passionate about what your saying people will take the time to read.

No one, and I repeat NO ONE here said Murata was the best. It was a fight, that upon a Canelo fight not emerging, then presented the best opportunities for GGG at this stage of his career. The big money in Japan, the viewing audience there, the 'belt' for negotiations etc. No one believed Murata was the most talented or had the most potential. Both Fenster and myself stated that we feel Charlo beats Murata.

I'm not sure why you wouldn't want GGG to get Canelo again next. It's prize fighting, that's the biggest possible purse. From a fans point of view, yes we want the best fighting the best, but these guys have families and only a limited window to make their name and fortune in the game. Everyone wants to make the most money they possibly can right?

You can't blame GGG for looking for the biggest earning fights at this stage of his career on one hand but on the other keep silent on Charlo looking to fight Monroe Jr or Sulecki. I haven't even heard him complaining that the WBC screwed him and are keeping Canelo from his reach. GGG is not the champion now. GGG has no obligation to Charlo at this stage, he no longer holds the belts. I can't work out Charlo's silence, shouldn't he be everywhere calling out the champ? Maybe uncle Al has told him to keep quiet.
    They live, We sleep

Thread Information