Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default PDC World Darts Championship

I'm having a 'score' on Simon Whitlock at 14-1. Taylor looks out of sorts at the moment, but never write the fat koont off.

Potential winners:

Taylor
    Wade
    Barney
    Lewis
    King
    Webster
    Whitlock
    Anderson
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: PDC World Darts Championship

Quote Originally Posted by BIG H View Post
    I'm having a 'score' on Simon Whitlock at 14-1. Taylor looks out of sorts at the moment, but never write the fat koont off.

Potential winners:

Taylor
    Wade
    Barney
    Lewis
    King
    Webster
    Whitlock
    Anderson
    He has about as much chance as Hammer.

For me Taylor over the longer format will win this comfortably his averages even tho9ugh been poor by his standards still shit on everyone elses, the events he has been loosing at have mostly been short sprints the World Champs he will come through I think.

I don't think Whitlock is in the same form as last year, Barney is not at his best either but I wouldn't write him off.

Taylor for me if not either Wade or Barney.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Taylor didn't look in form at all, and if he hadn't been in against a guy who was so overawed by him he'd have been there for the taking.

I think Whitlock is a decent outside bet, Webster and Nicholson looked to be in decent form too tonight.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yup, Taylor aint winning this! His head aint straight, he's chnaged his darts/flights and is playing shite.

Outside bet is Webster at 16-1 (he was 40-1 Thursday morning)

I've put my wedge on Whitlock and Wade. Realistically I can only see 4 potential winners. Webster, Wade, Whitlock and Barney. I know it's stupid to write Taylor off, but I just have a feeling he will not win it this year.
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yep I can't see Taylor winning it this year. Out of sorts as said and he's always vulnerable when someone can pressure him (not been done often I admit !)

Also having trouble with the eyes. Started wearning glasses a couple of months ago then stopped as he had a few defeats. Somethings not right - or maybe its just that father time is catching up with him and the tools are getting rusty.
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Taylor's daughter just had a baby that ended up in intensive care last week. I think that's a pretty good excuse for that shockingly shit first round performance. Lewis and Beaton both had around 100 averages beating him in the last two TV comps.

This will be his best ever win if he does it. He'll play Part next (who is totally gone but no mug) then the Nicholson-Stompe winner (both have done him in big comps), Webster (who is playing brilliant) and Whitlock in the semi's, then he needs to beat either Wade, Barney or Anderson in the final.

This year is a great comp.
    Last edited by Fenster; 12-18-2010 at 06:19 PM.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Stompe went last night mate - can't remember name of guy who beat him

shame, I like Stompe
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post

shame, I like Stompe
    Fuck me, I even lost money backing the highest check out on the game, obviously wasn't blotto much

I've had a bet on Nicholson so was expecting Stompe as his second round match. I'll settle for dodgy barnet Wright

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post

shame, I like Stompe
    Peter 'Snakebite' Wright

Adie Lewis played unbelievably well considering he could hardly stand up before the game, due to having serious Flu.

Tony Eccles had a 95 average after 8 leags and had miised about 18 darts at doubles lol. Hit a 180 in each of the first 6 legs he did.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I thought Lewis got away with one last night. A few doubles here and there cost Eccles that match (amongst the hundred he missed).

I think Lewis is the most overrated player in all of darts. Apart from the odd freak result he is a proper bottler.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

One thing I have noticed this year is the guys who get to the prelim round have some weird throwing techniques. The Filipino guy on Thursday was blocking off his right eye with the flight and just sighting on his left eye. And being tiny, seeing him trying to get the darts towards the top of the board was quite funny, he was practically full stretch.

And last night then there was a Finnish player who was tickling his forehead with the flights before each throw.

Now that I think about, Mark Hylton, who knocked out Steve Beaton on Thursday also had a weird technique, he seemed to fade away down and left as he threw.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    I thought Lewis got away with one last night. A few doubles here and there cost Eccles that match (amongst the hundred he missed).

I think Lewis is the most overrated player in all of darts. Apart from the odd freak result he is a proper bottler.
    Lewis is my favourite player to watch, coz he's such an enigma. He has so much talent, but he aint got the temperament. After beating Taylor on TV, maybe he can move forward and stop bottling it on the big occasions. His scoring power is probably second only to Taylor.

Whitlock is the otehr guy I love watching. His finishing is probably the best I have ever seen in over 25 years of following darts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BIG H View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post

Lewis is my favourite player to watch, coz he's such an enigma. He has so much talent, but he aint got the temperament. After beating Taylor on TV, maybe he can move forward and stop bottling it on the big occasions. His scoring power is probably second only to Taylor.

Whitlock is the otehr guy I love watching. His finishing is probably the best I have ever seen in over 25 years of following darts.
    I think his form since he lostade is not great if everything clicks like you say he is a big player but I don't think he will win it.

Haven't watched much so far but what I have watched the doubles have been awful just watching Dennis Smith before haha wat a bottle job havent seen him on tv for years he is so fucking slow and ugly as fuck to add to that!!

I think it took him 18 darts before he hit a fucking double, still think Taylor wins.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lewis scoring is awesome but I don't agree it's the most powerful. Gary Anderson's treble twenty hitting is brillant when he's playing shit. When he is on form it must be the greatest ever in the history of darts. His averages are always high even though he misses a thousand doubles every match. Like Lewis, unfortunately he is a bottler when under the cosh. Always doing dough on him

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Who saw Lloydy punching the board? That fucker is always blotto.

Thread Information