Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Warren:Calzaghe vs Kessler November 3rd in Cardiff

Frank Warren

"IT now seems almost certain Joe Calzaghe will fight Mikkel Kessler on November 3 in Cardiff — and the fight will smash all British box office records.

I’ve just got a few loose ends to tie up — including some with Joe — but all the major obstacles have now been overcome.

Most importantly of all, I’ve agreed terms with Kessler’s team, who are happy to come to the UK.

The fight will probably be held at the Millennium Stadium, where we got a crowd of 35,000 for Calzaghe’s WBO super-middleweight title defence in April against Peter Manfredo Jr.

With Kessler bringing his WBA and WBC titles to the party, I expect at least 60,000 to be in attendance. As a result, both fighters will be getting career-high purses.

For me, it’s the biggest fight in the world at the moment bar none, a showdown all the public want to see. That’s why I’ve battled hard to get it on, shifting the date back six weeks from September 22 after there was a problem with US TV.

It can’t go on without US money, but I’m now in a position where I can deliver.

Calzaghe has been a world champion for the last 10 years, is unbeaten in 43 fights and one of the pound-for-pound best fighters around.

There’s only one man who can challenge his status as the best super-middleweight on the planet — and that man is Kessler.

Like Calzaghe, the Dane is also undefeated and will start the fight many people’s favourite following a series of comprehensive victories. At 28, he is younger by seven years.

But although Joe is coming towards the end of his career, I fully expect him to do the business.

The fight isn’t dissimilar to Joe’s March 2006 clash with IBF champion Jeff Lacy, before which the big-punching American was hailed as the future of the sport.

Lacy hardly landed a punch in what was a Calzaghe masterclass.

He’ll need to be at his best against Kessler but he’s so good I’d back him time and time again.

Over the years the likes of Bernard Hopkins, Roy Jones Jr and Sven Ottke have turned down fights against Calzaghe, denying him the opportunity to prove he’s the best.

When he beats Kessler, no one will be able to question how good he is."
    ----------------
    Good to see this is finally going to happen and in my hometown. At last!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Warren:Calzaghe vs Kessler November 3rd in Cardiff

Go on joe kick his arse

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Almost made the fight ?
    few loose ends to tie up HAHAHAHAHAHA
    heard it all before Warren you TWAT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by WelshDevilRob
    Frank Warren

"IT now seems almost certain Joe Calzaghe will fight Mikkel Kessler on November 3 in Cardiff — and the fight will smash all British box office records.

I’ve just got a few loose ends to tie up — including some with Joe — but all the major obstacles have now been overcome.

Most importantly of all, I’ve agreed terms with Kessler’s team, who are happy to come to the UK.

The fight will probably be held at the Millennium Stadium, where we got a crowd of 35,000 for Calzaghe’s WBO super-middleweight title defence in April against Peter Manfredo Jr.

With Kessler bringing his WBA and WBC titles to the party, I expect at least 60,000 to be in attendance. As a result, both fighters will be getting career-high purses.

For me, it’s the biggest fight in the world at the moment bar none, a showdown all the public want to see. That’s why I’ve battled hard to get it on, shifting the date back six weeks from September 22 after there was a problem with US TV.

Calzaghe has been a world champion for the last 10 years, is unbeaten in 43 fights and one of the pound-for-pound best fighters around.

There’s only one man who can challenge his status as the best super-middleweight on the planet — and that man is Kessler.

Like Calzaghe, the Dane is also undefeated and will start the fight many people’s favourite following a series of comprehensive victories. At 28, he is younger by seven years.

But although Joe is coming towards the end of his career, I fully expect him to do the business.

The fight isn’t dissimilar to Joe’s March 2006 clash with IBF champion Jeff Lacy, before which the big-punching American was hailed as the future of the sport.

He’ll need to be at his best against Kessler but he’s so good I’d back him time and time again.

Over the years the likes of Bernard Hopkins, Roy Jones Jr and Sven Ottke have turned down fights against Calzaghe, denying him the opportunity to prove he’s the best.

----------------
    whats your source?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Preme
    Quote Originally Posted by WelshDevilRob
    Frank Warren

----------------
    whats your source?

Frank Warren
    I got it from BoxingBanter and its also in The Sun Newspaper-Frank Warrens Saturday column.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'll Believe it when the ink is dry on the contract

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JT Rock

Me to but I'm thinking positive as Warren has been awfully quiet lately so this is a good indication that it's a done deal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hope it comes off. One of the biggest fights in boxing today. Love to see the winner fight Mundine in front of 50,000 at Sydney's Telstra Stadium.
    Mundine would be a heavy underdog but who knows? He's getting better and faster all the time.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Big Jack
    Hope it comes off. One of the biggest fights in boxing today. Love to see the winner fight Mundine in front of 50,000 at Sydney's Telstra Stadium.
    Mundine would be a heavy underdog but who knows? He's getting better and faster all the time.
    I doubt calzaghe would fight mundine if he wins.. it would be almost worthless.. mundaine isnt even a champion (yes he holds the wba regular belt, but its a worthless money making joke belt when you have a 'super champion')

With fights like hopkins/winky, Jt chad dawson etc out there for joe, or even cliton woods... mundine would be a pointless fight for an aging fighter with a few fights left in him and dodgy hands...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Preme
    I doubt calzaghe would fight mundine if he wins.. it would be almost worthless.. mundaine isnt even a champion (yes he holds the wba regular belt, but its a worthless money making joke belt when you have a 'super champion')

With fights like hopkins/winky, Jt chad dawson etc out there for joe, or even cliton woods... mundine would be a pointless fight for an aging fighter with a few fights left in him and dodgy hands...
    Those dodgy hands are gonna be full with Kessler, too. Should be a great fight!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dream on, the next fight i think Will be Hopkins/Wright winner, why would he fight Mundine? No one really knows who Mundine is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

http://www.frankwarren.tv/drill/News...ler-nov-3.html

Lets hope this is true.Could well be on Showtime.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JT Rock
    I wont belive it until Their in thr ring, DON'T TRUST WARREN

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)