Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mayweather Vs Hopkins ? - No seriously!!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Mayweather Vs Hopkins ? - No seriously!!

Intriguing interview with Hopkins, I like how he makes it very clear this isn't something he's chasing - it's just something that has been proposed to him. I'm guessing he's spoke with somebody at GBP about this.

What do you think?

Hopkins eyes Mayweather super-fight should he get past Murat
    "He was convulsing on the floor like an infantile retard"

- Mike Tyson Hidden Content

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Mayweather Vs Hopkins ? - No seriously!!

Nah, it's ridiculous. Mayweather jumps up one weight and Hopkins at 48 swings back down to MW after all these years? It's an obvious Mayweather move, but it wouldn't be a cool one. At least make it fair on the older man and make it a CW of 165. Hopkins comes down 10 pounds and Mayweather can do what he likes with the rest. Otherwise, why doesn't Hopkins just fight a proper SMW and Mayweather fight a proper MW? It's very gimmicky to just have them fight one another.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Besides trainers, it's no one in boxing that have a better IQ then these two. Bet the questions is . . .
    1. Would Mayweather want Hopkins to come down from 175 to 160 right away in hopes to have Hopkins drained by fight night?
    2. If a 160 pound middleweight fight, would Mayweather want to fight for a title to make a claim for holding titles from 130 to 160? If so, MM would have to insist that B-Hop fight for a middleweight title, win, then meet Floyd at the end of the year. Martinez and Quillin would be great opponents for Hopkins.

I would love to see that fight but won't advise Floyd to fight Hopkins on the fact that Floyd can't even get up to 154 when trying. He's legacy won't take a backward step by not fighting a almost 50 year old. People would even say after the fight(if Floyd win), that B-Hop was 50 and pass his prime anyway and not give Floyd credit at all.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hopkins isnt chasing it?

Yeah right!

He wouldnt make anywhere near the kind of money hed get for draining himself down to fight Floyd if he were to fight anyone else.

He wouldnt make that kind of money if he moved up and fought both Wlad and Vitali.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

More proof that history repeats itself. People think Oscar looked like shite against Pac after not making 147 for ten years, weighing in at 145 and gaining only 2 pounds overnight. A 50 year old Hopkins would look like death warmed over if he made 160.

The fight is ridiculous.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Benard trying to make 160 is basically akin to contacting TB.
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If Hopkins can make the weight, I think this would be a intriguing fight

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hopkins is far too slow for Floyd and as others are saying making 160 is asking too much.

P4P it would have been a real chess match with a 40 year old Hopkins or younger. A mw B Hop

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No. Hopkins hasn't taken enough clean punches to make him actually think he can make 160 in a healthy way and if Mayweather is chasing him for a mere cash grab circus attraction then he should re retire.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Huge Hopkins fan, I been having his back ever since he stucked it to Tito and DLH (sucked) and even Pavlik and Tarver when no one gave him a chance. I posted he was going to dominate Pavlik. But I have no interest in this fight. After the Chad loss it's hard to see him outboxing Floyd at damn near 50 when he is weight drain at a class he has not made in years. No thank you. I can't be mad at Hopkins for wanting this fight, like someone else said this could earn him far more then he has ever earned in his HOF career. Now Mayweather he would be at fault. If you want to move up fight Martinez or someone thats been there for a min.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hop is just promoting. Floyd knows there is no way he would look good doing this.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No way this fight will happen, Hopkins could not make weight and Floyd would never agree to the fight.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I doubt Mayweather would even make weight... I remember him saying that he woke up at like 147 the day of the Canelo fight lol. The dude is a natural 147 pounder let alone jump up 2 weight classes

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by outspoken View Post
    I doubt Mayweather would even make weight... I remember him saying that he woke up at like 147 the day of the Canelo fight lol. The dude is a natural 147 pounder let alone jump up 2 weight classes
    I think that is a lie just to make him look even better fighting these big opponents. That did not stop the cunt not making the agreed weight against JMM.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by outspoken View Post
    I think that is a lie just to make him look even better fighting these big opponents. That did not stop the cunt not making the agreed weight against JMM.
    To be fair, he was off for like 2 years for that fight and he still weighed in at 146. That's consistent with what he normally weighs in. I think everybody will agree at his biggest Floyd is a small junior middle. B Hop is a legitimate light heavy. Wouldn't Floyd have to weigh in over 154? And B Hop would have to weigh in at 160 all drained. So in essence we would have a pudgy Floyd and a drained B Hop. Who really wants that? We can use Oscar as an example for both. Remember when Oscar put on all that weight for middleweight against Sturm? He was pudgy and looked bad. And for the Pac fight at an advanced age he had to come down to a weight class he hadn't in many years. He looked like a zombie and had to use an IV before the fight. So the smaller Floyd is expected to just jump to middleweight his next fight and the nearly 50 year old light heavyweight is expected to cut down 2 weight classes his next fight? I think B Hop is taking a side comment or something someone said out the side of their mouth too serious.
    Last edited by jehoshaphat; 10-24-2013 at 08:11 PM.

Thread Information