Default Terrance Crawford jailed for 90 days

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Terrance Crawford jailed for 90 days

A judge also ordered Crawford, 29, to serve two years probation and do 120 hours of community service.

He was found guilty of disorderly conduct and damage to property in April in the shop in Omaha, Nebraska, where his car was being resprayed.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good job @Paul Kevin is here to highlight the shit we need to know rather than having to read a full fuckin article on it @Batman
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    Good job @Paul Kevin is here to highlight the shit we need to know rather than having to read a full fuckin article on it @Batman

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Crawford trying to be like Floyd and become a dickhead to raise his profile and sell more ppv's. He should go on Dancing with the Stars.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Crawford trying to be like Floyd and become a dickhead to raise his profile and sell more ppv's. He should go on Dancing with the Stars.
    I don't think so, he had his troubles in the past before he hit the big time, probably justill a bit of the old bud coming out in him

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

World boxing champion Terence Crawford has been jailed for 90 days over a disturbance at a car body shop in Nebraska.

The WBO and WBC super lightweight champion caused damage worth $3,000 (£2,400) when he forcefully removed his 1984 Chevrolet Monte Carlo from a hydraulic lift because he was unhappy with a repaint job.

The 29-year-old was found guilty of disorderly conduct and causing damage to property at the Extreme Custom Fleet & Auto Spa in Omaha.

Douglas County Judge Marcena Hendrix ordered him to serve two years on probation and to do 120 hours of community service following the incident in April.

He told Crawford: "You've continued to act as if you are above the law, and you are not."

Lawyer Matthew Kahler lodged an appeal and said he hoped the boxer would be released after posting a $10,000 bond.

Crawford, who beat John Molina Jr at the weekend to retain his titles, is likely to serve about 50 days in prison under state sentencing guidelines.

Mr Kahler said: "This is his first and only adult conviction of any significance, and for crimes of disorderly conduct and property damage it's an abnormally high sentence.

"It's the most significant sentence I've seen from that judge for those charges."

The body shop had billed Crawford $2,500 to paint his car. Crawford paid about half up front, but refused to pay the balance as he was not happy with the work and the length of time it took to complete.

Owner Michael Nelson refused to release his car until the bill had been settled, but Crawford took it back himself - damaging a hydraulic lift in the process.

The boxer was able to move a 600lb engine underneath the lift so that his vehicle could be lowered to the floor.

The incident was captured on surveillance video.

World boxing champ jailed after paint job fracas
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Is that really what gets you 90 days? Picking on the black guy. The Clintons never get this kind of punishment. This must be the Russians!

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It was a dumb move on his part, but not a "scumbag move" like you'd expect from a Chicken Floyd or 90's Mike Tyson.

From reading the article, he received shit service from the business and refused to pay for it. When they refused to give him back his own car, he lost his temper and forcibly took it back.

I think we've all been there where we receive awful service and say "I'm not paying for that"! No doubt the business got angry and took a tone like "well you're not getting your car back" and threatened him like that, and Crawford is not a guy to be threatened!

It sucks, I really like Crawford. This doesn't make me think less of him as a human being, I just hope he's smarter about how he handles things in the future. He could have easily started beating the shit out of people there, but all he did was take his car back.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If it was Mike Tyson of the 90s/2000s who that happened to, he'd also be faced with charges for fracturing a couple of skulls.

If it happened to Chicken Floyd, he probably would have gotten his body guard to beat the guy up.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by vidgil View Post
    It was a dumb move on his part, but not a "scumbag move" like you'd expect from a Chicken Floyd or 90's Mike Tyson.

From reading the article, he received shit service from the business and refused to pay for it. When they refused to give him back his own car, he lost his temper and forcibly took it back.

I think we've all been there where we receive awful service and say "I'm not paying for that"! No doubt the business got angry and took a tone like "well you're not getting your car back" and threatened him like that, and Crawford is not a guy to be threatened!

It sucks, I really like Crawford. This doesn't make me think less of him as a human being, I just hope he's smarter about how he handles things in the future. He could have easily started beating the shit out of people there, but all he did was take his car back.
    Agreed it was a dumb move. I can see him not wanting to pay for service he found unsatisfactory but there's another way to handle it (albeit a lot lengthier). My understanding is he pulled the "do you know who i am?!?!" bit. If you're that important, call the cops... i'm sure they'll be happy to get your stuff removed from the shop at least. Instead he rolled in there like scarface and tried the brute force approach.

I'm all for frontier justice when there's no other recourse or no one around to give a report. but the problems i have with this stems from the phrases ...

"You've continued to act as if you are above the law..."
    "This is his first and only adult conviction of any significance... "

Which makes this kind of thing seem like a pattern that is trying to be trivialized for the sake of keeping him earning. Someone please tie this kids money up for him in sound investments... so he doesn't broner himself into an abyss of stupidity.
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Crawford seems like a level headed guy. Surprising he lost his cool like this and I don't feel the sentence is crazy harsh but it is a bit much in all honesty. Broner got less than this for pistol whipping a man then threatening him not to show up to court.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah its a shame! but wont hurt his career IMO.

If people could forgive Floyd Womanbeater this will be nothing

Crawford is a good man, he just lost his cool and handled something very poorly. It wasnt a scumbag move

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is a shameful part of the US justice system but all too common. No chance in hell a white man is getting 90 days for this. Probably just probation and fines.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That whole hold your property before you pay a balance thing is always a ticking time bomb. Bad that it happened in his hometown after they've done much to build him up. What, no leniency for local 'stars' who put you on the map? Must be College football fans . Crawford isn't some cookie cutter poster boy but he's far removed from 'looking' for trouble. Getting shot in the head and surviving will do that. Sounds like attitudes and machismo got the better

also, moving a 600lb block that fast is clearly a sign he needs to move up already.

Thread Information