Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hatton v Mayweather fight pushes Spice Girls from the MGM Grand!!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Hatton v Mayweather fight pushes Spice Girls from the MGM Grand!!

By PAT SHEEHAN
    August 02, 2007

RICKY HATTON KO’d the Spice Girls to seal his December 8 date with Floyd Mayweather in Las Vegas.

The Hitman has signed to fight unbeaten Mayweather on the same night Posh and Co were booked to appear at the MGM Grand hotel’s 20,000-seat Garden Arena.

But the Vegas leg of the Spice Girls’ world reunion tour is set to be switched to a 12,000-seat venue at the nearby Mandalay Bay to accommodate Hatton.

A source said: “Many people regard Ricky’s fight as a bigger attraction.”

Hatton, 28, outpointed Luis Callazo last year in his only previous bout at welterweight. The IBO light-welter champ insisted he would only go to 147lbs again to face Mayweather.

He said: “It’s the biggest fight of my career.

“I am fighting a five-weight world champion, the best pound-for-pound boxer in the world. This is my dream chance and I’ll take it.”

But Mayweather warned: “With Ricky Hatton it is already personal. I can’t wait to get him in the ring. He’s definitely getting knocked out.”

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,3-2007350598,00.html

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Hatton v Mayweather fight pushes Spice Girls from the MGM Grand!!

Why don't they just use the spice girls as Card Girls?

sounds like a good compromise to me........
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mayweather isn't knocking anyone out . See everyone who said this fight was garbage, look at the good it's already doing. Who know how else it will benefit mankind by the time december rolls around.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by NotGuilty136
    Mayweather isn't knocking anyone out . See everyone who said this fight was garbage, look at the good it's already doing. Who know how else it will benefit mankind by the time december rolls around.
    Well we know Mayweather likes to say he knocks everyone out, but honestly what else is he going to say " im going to beat by a unanimous decision", it's all about hype similar to the Dela Hoya fight, he will give it the big man personna, when really its all theatre.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by killersheep

You've got to remember that the Spice Girls are all between 35 and 40 these days....I like my card girls without stretch marks and the wear and tear of numerous pregnancies.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by superheavyrhun

You've got to remember that the Spice Girls are all between 35 and 40 these days....I like my card girls without stretch marks and the wear and tear of numerous pregnancies.
    Thanks Rhun, I was trying to forget that........I liked remembering them as young and tight bodied. Prolly looks more like the cast from 'The View' nowadays...............
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Amen brother. If you wanna be my lover....you gotta drop 25 lbs.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes awesome news!! I booked up the MGM Grand yesterday but I wasn't sure wether the fight would be in the Bay or MGM! I didn't really mind where I stayed but its kool to know i'm also staying at the hotel where the fight is taking place! 4 Nights at the MGM Grand with return flights from London for £475 can't go wrong

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Althugz
    Yes awesome news!! I booked up the MGM Grand yesterday but I wasn't sure wether the fight would be in the Bay or MGM! I didn't really mind where I stayed but its kool to know i'm also staying at the hotel where the fight is taking place! 4 Nights at the MGM Grand with return flights from London for £475 can't go wrong
    There is nothing 100% certain yet mate, but the safe money is on the MGM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well thats kool either way i'm there so i'm excited already!
    I'm not even worried about getting hold of tickets just yet..I would kill for them if I have to! lol

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Where did you get those bookings mate? I was expecting much more for flights to vegas and four nights in the hotel.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Where did you get those bookings mate? I was expecting much more for flights to vegas and four nights in the hotel.
    Just do a little online searching mate they're actually not as much as I thought also. Although by now they could be a lot more expensive! I booked on the day the fight was official..there was no official venue though maybe that's why I got it so cheap. Also the only days the hotels are really expensive are the weekend! But yeah the flights themselves I was expecting to be that much. Just search for packages mate, mine came as a flight + hotel combo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

errrrrhhhhhhhhhhh hermmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

no strech marks here !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    wear and tear ??

like what ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hmm maybe just maybe Mayweather does stand toe to toe against Hatton. Hopefully Hatton can take advantage over this & hopefully knock him out. Hmm hopefully!

Wow the Spice girls still exist?

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by NotGuilty136
    He won't knock Hatton out but he will probably stop Hatton on cuts.

Thread Information