Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default How To Keep Them From Getting Reckless

Im asking for advise here.
    Ive had two fighters that werent hurt,lose on a ref stoppage. Not only werent they hurt they were winning,and just got caught on a flash shot,and just got back up. Im convinced both of them just got cocky,because they knew they were taking it. So Im looking on advice on how to keep them from getting cocky about it,before they even get in to the ring. Because is the second time this year Ive had a fighter snatch defeat out of the jaws of victory.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: How To Keep Them From Getting Reckless

Remind them of these two times when they could have won if they hadn't acted like cocky little shits.

Do you take photos of the decisions? I know a coach who keeps photos of their guys losing and shows it to them before they fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by sourpuss View Post
    Remind them of these two times when they could have won if they hadn't acted like cocky little shits.

Do you take photos of the decisions? I know a coach who keeps photos of their guys losing and shows it to them before they fight.
    Show them Campbell/Peden 1 and Lewis/Rahman 1. That should get the point across. I'm sure there are a few others like that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by RozzySean View Post

Show them Campbell/Peden 1 and Lewis/Rahman 1. That should get the point across. I'm sure there are a few others like that.
    I talked to a co-trainer,and we both agreed on the idea of making them watch Lewis-Rock,to get the idea across,you can be beating them like a red headed step child,but as long as their upright their still allowed to hit back,is a really good idea

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Monkey View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RozzySean View Post

I talked to a co-trainer,and we both agreed on the idea of making them watch Lewis-Rock,to get the idea across,you can be beating them like a red headed step child,but as long as their upright their still allowed to hit back,is a really good idea
    You could also add Wlad/Brewster to the video, but Lewis/Rahman is the best example, for sure.

Thread Information