Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  41
Likes Likes:  419
Dislikes Dislikes:  3
Page 236 of 311 FirstFirst ... 136186226234235236237238246286 ... LastLast
Results 3,526 to 3,540 of 4665

Thread: last movie you watched (Flag Up SPOILERS)

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: last movie you watched (Flag Up SPOILERS)

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Stranger Things, season 2.
    Actually started that as well after so much hype. Feel like half Freaks and Geeks and half Night Gallery or something. Decent enough and they really pack it with nods to pop culture favs of time which probably has much to do with success, one massive flashback . Karate Kid, Ghostbusters costumes only months after movie release didn't happen but eye candy for us geezers. The sister and her boyfriend with the massive overdone hairdo are pretty annoying.
    That sister is odd looking....like she's not full human sized except for her massive noggin. Big old Kennedy chin.

Steve the crazy haired boyfriend is great at playing the douchey '80's bad guy.

I like seeing the 80's stars come back and play some key characters, Sean Astin and Paul Reiser (God he's looking old dude) have been awesome. I'm thinking in Season 3 you need Craig T. Nelson (of Poltergeist and Coach) and Bronson Pinchot (of Risky Business, Beverly Hills Cop, Perfect Strangers, The Langoliers, and Second Sight)...there MUST be roles for them! Too bad Mary Ellen Trainor has passed away (typical 1980's mom from The Goonies and The Monster Squad) she would have been PERFECT back int he 80's.
    It's like she is 16 going on 30 ffs, finished season last night..ffs only 9 episodes ?..and agree with bringing back some stand out actors from days gone by. Watching Astin there he really is not a bad actor at all. Perfectly cast as the ho hum well intentioned wiz kid guy infatuated with the mom. They lost me in one episode when 'Eleven' tries to find her 'sister' and it turns into a B movie version super hero flick meets Suicide Squad.

The product placement still gets me as everything is so instant to fit into 1984, from movies to campaign yard posters but yes I sure as shat had to fact check the Kill em All album and the original Monster Manual for d&d .

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

F-ck me Max's brother was a douche. They had to try and make us feel sorry for him when his old man whacked him. Uncanny how much he looked like Rob Lowe or Zac Efron. Racist to boot too.
    They live, We sleep

El Kabong Guest

It's like she is 16 going on 30 ffs, finished season last night..ffs only 9 episodes ?..and agree with bringing back some stand out actors from days gone by. Watching Astin there he really is not a bad actor at all. Perfectly cast as the ho hum well intentioned wiz kid guy infatuated with the mom. They lost me in one episode when 'Eleven' tries to find her 'sister' and it turns into a B movie version super hero flick meets Suicide Squad.

The product placement still gets me as everything is so instant to fit into 1984, from movies to campaign yard posters but yes I sure as shat had to fact check the Kill em All album and the original Monster Manual for d&d .
    Yeah, she's got the gigantic head of a 30 year old and the body of a 14 year old...sooo strange. I am amazed she can walk upright without assistance. Got the resting confused bitch face down pat though.

Sean Astin did great, he was part Mikey from Goonies and part Rudy from Rudy,
    BIG SPOILER

The soundtrack has been great and the relatability to the era/characters is also great...very good buddy adventure kind of thing going.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    F-ck me Max's brother was a douche. They had to try and make us feel sorry for him when his old man whacked him. Uncanny how much he looked like Rob Lowe or Zac Efron. Racist to boot too.
    Yes, agreed with all of those I'm surprised he's actually an Aussie, great accent work and classic character.

Steve has really come around as a character.

What gets me is how much the dude who plays Jonathan Byers looks like River Phoenix....keep that man away from the Viper Room, holy shit

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

River with a touch of down syndrome maybe. JK. Felt sorry for Dustin at the end, until the sister danced with him.

Next season will be interesting, wonder if they focus on 09 or 10? Will the group stay together with things like girls now starting to perk their interests.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There is something about the midget headed bird though, she's certainly not ugly, I reckon she just needs feeding up a bit.

Stranger things 2 was brilliant anyway

Seeing as this is a film thread I'm going to get back on topic and actually talk about a film

Valerian and a 1000 planets or whatever the fuck it's called, fucking terrible, I'm an hour in and it's just really really bad in every way possible.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    There is something about the midget headed bird though, she's certainly not ugly, I reckon she just needs feeding up a bit.

Seeing as this is a film thread I'm going to get back on topic and actually talk about a film

Valerian and a 1000 planets or whatever the fuck it's called, fucking terrible, I'm an hour in and it's just really really bad in every way possible.
    She could use a few pounds, but yeah she's alright I guess.

Indeed it was.

So Valerian....was it bad like funny and amusing in it's badness or was it just god awful? Describe the badness....some awful movies I really enjoy.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post

She could use a few pounds, but yeah she's alright I guess.

Indeed it was.

So Valerian....was it bad like funny and amusing in it's badness or was it just god awful? Describe the badness....some awful movies I really enjoy.
    @El Kabong no it was just fucking awful, I put it on expecting a bit of mindless 5th element style brainless sci fi rubbish...it was just...terrible...like really really terrible

Don't watch it, even if you are looking for something terrible

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

watched one flew over the cuckoo's nest, great movie though!

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Watched the first 40 minutes of The Hateful Eight last night and still have no idea why.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Xwetie View Post
    Quality movie that one. Great cast, poor Indian fellow died very shortly after being in I think it was Poltergeist.

Watched the first 40 minutes of The Hateful Eight last night and still have no idea why.
    I have wondered about that one. So it's bad then? Shame.

I've got 'Howard The Duck' up next in my queue. Yup, classic.

El Kabong Guest

After the nostalgia of 'Howard The Duck' I'm starting off the holiday season....got a few Christmas movies ready to go: A Bing Crosby Christmas, Rare Exports: A Christmas Tale (Finnish film about an evil Santa), Mixed Nuts (starring Steve Martin), A Merry Friggin Christmas (starring the late Robin Williams), The Night Before (Seth Rogan, JGL), SNL Christmas, Black Christmas the original.

I do enjoy Christmas and Thanksgiving doesn't really have many movies based on it/made for it other than Planes, Trains, and Automobiles which is very awesome.

Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Watched Assasin Creed and it is stupid and one of the worst films ever.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Watched Assasin Creed and it is stupid and one of the worst films ever.
    Funny isn't it that video games are better than the movies about them...I mean I never expected Super Mario Bros to be winning an Oscar, but a lot of those movies really suck like BAD and they start out with good source material, good enough plot to make a movie about but in the movies they seem so forced, so ham handed.

Other bad ones: Doom, Resident Evil, Tomb Raider, Warcraft, Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter, Hitman, Max Payne, Silent Hill, Double Dragon

I mean those are some DOGS right there man.....yeeesh....where as video games based off of movies, Godfather 1 & 2, top quality

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Xwetie View Post
    Quality movie that one. Great cast, poor Indian fellow died very shortly after being in I think it was Poltergeist.

I have wondered about that one. So it's bad then? Shame.

I've got 'Howard The Duck' up next in my queue. Yup, classic.
    Ahh Howard. Hey still a better Marvel movie than Fantastic Four 94 .

Hateful Eight I could give another chance. Tarintino to me runs hot and cold and just came off forced, especially Russell and some of the flat punchy jokes.

El Kabong Guest

Lea Thompson had a really odd movie career....in the 80s alone she made out with a duck AND Marty McFly who was her on screen son....she only got naked for All The Right Moves though so at least that was not odd. She damned near got the kit off for Howard.

I've just started watching 'The Keepers' on Netflix....fucking WOW that is a deep dark rabbit hole right there. The Catholic Church never fails to disappoint, every single time. Holy shit dude.

Thread Information