Thread: Mike Tyson denied entry to New Zealand over 1992 rape conviction

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Mike Tyson denied entry to New Zealand over 1992 rape conviction

Quote Originally Posted by beenKOed View Post
    Apparently New Zealand's standards are higher than some other countries---what the hell are they thinking?
    Maybe they were thinking that they didn't want a convicted rapist/felon in their country? I can't say I blame them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

When I go to the USA, I also has to show my (missing) criminal record - why should there be other rules for career criminal as Tyson with a long criminal record. It is not like he only has speed ticket or similar.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Plys 44 View Post
    When I go to the USA, I also has to show my (missing) criminal record - why should there be other rules for career criminal as Tyson with a long criminal record. It is not like he only has speed ticket or similar.
    Right, rape is a first degree felony, Tyson was convicted and was sentenced to six years in prison followed by four years on probation. (he got out in 3 years) So where's the fucking agument? Tyson actually got off easy how would you feel if this had been your daughter, sister, et al.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mars_ax View Post
    Right, rape is a first degree felony, Tyson was convicted and was sentenced to six years in prison followed by four years on probation. (he got out in 3 years) So where's the fucking agument? Tyson actually got off easy how would you feel if this had been your daughter, sister, et al.
    You misunderstood my post - maybe due to my poor English. I agree with you and only tried to make an argument that a criminal like Tyson should be treated like a regular citizen. Criminal Danes are not able to enter the US, so why should it be different for Tyson.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You misunderstood my post - maybe due to my poor English. I agree with you and only tried to make an argument that a criminal like Tyson should be treated like a regular citizen. Criminal Danes are not able to enter the US, so why should it be different for Tyson.
    I didn't misunderstand your post @peter Plys , i'm in agreement with you, and just adding to it.
    It irks me when some of Tyson's fans seem to take his rape conviction lightly, if it had been anyone else they would have been doing 20+ hardtime. I even heard some idiotic Tyson supporters and Tyson himself saying "they took away 3 years from me". (sort of like they did Ali for draft evasion)

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Apparently New Zealand's standards are higher than some other countries---what the hell are they thinking?
    Maybe they were thinking that they didn't want a convicted rapist/felon in their country? I can't say I blame them.
    It's hard for me to believe you do not recognize the sarcasm in my post. I agree with you.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's hard for me to believe you do not recognize the sarcasm in my post. I agree with you.
    Sorry @beenKOed, sometimes it's hard for me to recognize sarcasm, my bad.
    cheers

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ridiculous. I'm sure she thought going to his private room was for a hankering for Cheerios.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    Ridiculous. I'm sure she thought going to his private room was for a hankering for Cheerios.
    Tyson prefers Lucky Charms, they're magically delicious because he sprinkles cocaine on them.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    What she was doing in his room will always be a question in some of our minds, but they had a trial so maybe she really was that naive, or maybe she was pissed that he didn't give her more time to warm up. It could be that she was pissed that he automatically assumed they were there for the same reason, whatever the reason, Tyson was convicted.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tyson is allowed in Australia
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    They ain't got any morals there, fooking Aussies, all they do is surf and shag sheep.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    They ain't got any morals there, fooking Aussies, all they do is surf and shag sheep.
    We sent plenty there 200 years ago.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information