Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default TAYLOR VS. WRIGHT 2........IF it happens

i had jermain up 2 rounds but wasnt disappointed with a draw cause it was such a close fight

I also like Taylor to win the rematch because................
    this was 5 weeks with emmanuel, whats he gonna be like in another 6 months? 2 years? 5 years?

in the latter part of the fight he finally started fighting his way off the ropes, i believe he carries that strategy over to the rematch (if it happens of course)

Dan Birmingham said it best when he told winky he was fighting an amature who kept his chin out and his hands down......very true, which shows me that jermain is RAW!!!!! he isnt really trained and his boxing skills could use a serious overhaul. this guy is fighting one of the most seasoned vets in the game on ability and un tapped talent alone

IMO winky wright (i personally love the guy) cant get too much better than he already is, but jermain ..........nothing but upside

jermain is a rugged country boy and has the potential to really be something special. Did you hear him in the corner with manny?
    "yes, sir......yes, sir" how can you not like a guy like that?

jermain taylor has been bestowed the ultimate honor and is now #2 in my stables of preferred fighters (behind floyd of course)

oh well.............heres hoping we get to see a rematch and heres REALLY hoping it happens here in vegas

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: TAYLOR VS. WRIGHT 2........IF it happens

I will never pay a dime to watch boring Winky again. Science of sport and blah blah blah my a**. To me he is boring and too feather fisted to make an entertaining fight.

Ohh, I might pay if he met Arthur, Kessler or Calzaghe so I could watch him get KOed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I can see Taylor winning the rematch without any disputes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i thought winky won 115-113 but i see taylor winning the rematch. He is still pre prime and improving.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It sounds like Winky doesn't want anymore of Taylor

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

winky would beat him again
    and if he doesnt want a rematch
    is only because he knows hell get robbed again
    so how can he prove his point
    he cant cause he wont be able to knock him out

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by KickboxAmob
    winky would beat him again
    and if he doesnt want a rematch
    is only because he knows hell get robbed again
    so how can he prove his point
    he cant cause he wont be able to knock him out

nope.......
    winkys not going to get any better, but jermain is
    that is why winky will not fight him again (do you really believe he would admit that?)

jermain beat winky (and got a bad decision) and said he would be more than happy to rematch, but winky refuses (im sure thats because he is predicting that he will be "robbed" again)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wow....I can't believe that you had Taylor winning by 2 rds...you were not watching the right fight....the fight you wanted to watch was on HBO not ESPN2.....Winky won by 115-113 at the minimum...but you're obviously biased by the topics you've created and posts you've made.....but every one is entitled to their opinion......but 3 controversial fights in a row is cause for concern.....
    It feels good to be back home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

When I watched teh fight I was wanting Taylor to win. I scored the fight 115-113 for Winky. The problem with fights this close is that there is always a couple of rounds that could go to either fighter. Depending on how you score those rounds determines the out come of the fight. I scored it for Winky, but I can easily see how somebody could score it for Taylor.
    You must be the change you want to see in the world. --Mahatma Gandhi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bigragu
    Wow....I can't believe that you had Taylor winning by 2 rds...you were not watching the right fight....the fight you wanted to watch was on HBO not ESPN2.....Winky won by 115-113 at the minimum...but you're obviously biased by the topics you've created and posts you've made.....but every one is entitled to their opinion......but 3 controversial fights in a row is cause for concern.....
    jt is basically an AMATURE as far as boxing ability, and gets by on talent and strength alone at this stage in his career

look at his 3 controversial fights.........b-hop twice and winky once
    whatever.....im biased, so are the judges, and so is 1/2 of everybody on this forum

dont forget.........winky is one of hbo's premier fighters too.....so theres no need to go there.

i guess if winky feels he beat him he will want a rematch at some point, right?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TyBuff
    When I watched teh fight I was wanting Taylor to win. I scored the fight 115-113 for Winky. The problem with fights this close is that there is always a couple of rounds that could go to either fighter. Depending on how you score those rounds determines the out come of the fight. I scored it for Winky, but I can easily see how somebody could score it for Taylor.

exactly!!!!! i addressed this issue in another post i made, too intellegent post by you nonetheless, though

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There's going to be a rematch. No question in my mind. HBO WILL show Winky the money, and Winky will take it. He will train his ass off, and go in the ring with blood on his mind and give Jermain everything he's got- just like he did this fight.

Taylor may or may not stop him, but the suspense is killing me. Jermain is definitely a hell of a fighter. Once he gets his boxing in order, he will be definitely be more champion material (not that I think he doesn't deserve his current title).

A rematch is the only way to solve it. Period. That's the only place to pick up from a draw!

As for his last three fights being controversial... Well, anytime there's a draw, there's going to be controversy. I think a draw was the only way to do it for this fight. I don't think Winky got robbed, and I don't think Taylor beat Winky enough to win. It was a draw, plain and simple.

JT's first fight with B-Hop was close. Whether he won that fight or not is debatable, but the second fight with Hopkins clearly belonged to Taylor. Whoever thinks that Bernard won the rematch is just upset that the king got dethroned and is in denial.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

TAYLOR IS EXTREMELY BORING!!! i DON'T BELIEVE THE HYPE AND HE HAS PROBLEMS WINNING FIGHTS CONVINCINGLY. WILL HE EVER WIN CONVINCINGLY?? WILL HE EVER DOMINATE OR WILL HE JUST SLIDE BY HIS WHOLE CAREER AND BE THE NEW CHOSEN GOLDEN BOY WHO GETS THE FIGHTS HANDED TO HIM?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If it happens, No headbutt, Taylor by Ko!
    Hidden Content

Welcome to the 21st Century. No Sex, Drug and Rock'n'Roll. All we have nowadays is AIDS, Meth and Crap Music Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mafiajoey
    TAYLOR IS EXTREMELY BORING!!! i DON'T BELIEVE THE HYPE AND HE HAS PROBLEMS WINNING FIGHTS CONVINCINGLY. WILL HE EVER WIN CONVINCINGLY?? WILL HE EVER DOMINATE OR WILL HE JUST SLIDE BY HIS WHOLE CAREER AND BE THE NEW CHOSEN GOLDEN BOY WHO GETS THE FIGHTS HANDED TO HIM?
    This garbage would lead me to believe that you've never watched a Taylor fight prior to Hopkins. And if you didn't think that Taylor/Hopkins 2 was convincing, then you are smoking crack. "Dominate" Hopkins or Wright? Who do you think would ever do that?

Thread Information