Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Floyd vs Prince Naz

After the destruction of corrales Floyd discussed fighting Naz in the post fight interview.

Both would have made alot of money.

I see Floyd winning in every way.

How would that fight have played out?

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If I remember right, Floyd virtually begged for the fight. Floyd would've schooled Naz.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Floyd vs Prince Naz

I remember on Hameds website - where we all met before this place - he had his fight prediction for each of the main guys around his weight at the time. I'm pretty certain Hamed had Floyd down as a KO2 win .

Shame it didn't happen though yes he would have got schooled and would've barely laid a glove on him
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I can think of very few bigger mismatches. Naz had his strengths. And I have to admit I still watch his highlights. But he has absolutely nothing for Floyd. And that is why Naz never ever ever would have considered the fight.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A better matchup that never seems to get mention, perhaps because Steward openly admitted they ducked him was Marquez.

Or better yet Pacquiao, PAC hated counter punchers. Few bring counters with the sting of Naz.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

For me, this question begs another question: how much of Naseem Hamed’s decline was attributable to the fact that he fought way above his natural weight class. I mean, did he ever even once have a reach advantage?

Maybe its just me, but I don’t pay too much attention to fighters below lightweight. So when I first heard about this matchup, I viewed Hamed as roughly the same size as PBF. Those small guys all look alike. ;-)

But in reality, PBF has a 4 inch / 8 inch height / reach advantage. He’s just a much bigger guy. As was Barrera, albeit not as much.

I know of no other fighter who is judged so much by how he fought against larger opponents. I mean, Duran was dominated by Hagler, imo, but all you hear is how held his ground and sneered at a naturally bigger HOFer. The Prince gets similarly schooled by HOFer Barrera...and all we hear about is how he was exposed.

Maybe that’s his fault. He wanted the big money fights and no one really pays too much attention to bantamweights. Be that as it may, it just seems that this fact is always overlooked.
    Last edited by Manju; 05-07-2017 at 10:41 AM.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Naz was small but he had freakish power and wiped out a lot because of that even when he had been hurt later in his career.

Naz was never the same after his fallout with his trainer Ingle. After that he relied on his power. However Naz was the best featherweight in the division at one time.

Steve Robinson had height and reach on Naz and in his first fight at the weight he blew him away. That Naz was truly awesome.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Manju View Post
    For me, this question begs another question: how much of Naseem Hamed’s decline was attributable to the fact that he fought way above his natural weight class. I mean, did he ever even once have a reach advantage?

Maybe its just me, but I don’t pay too much attention to fighters below lightweight. So when I first heard about this matchup, I viewed Hamed as roughly the same size as PBF. Those small guys all look alike. ;-)

But in reality, PBF has a 4 inch / 8 inch height / reach advantage. He’s just a much bigger guy. As was Barrera, albeit not as much.

I know of no other fighter who is judged so much by how he fought against larger opponents. I mean, Duran was dominated by Hagler, imo, but all you hear is how held his ground and sneered at a naturally bigger HOFer. The Prince gets similarly schooled by HOFer Barrera...and all we hear about is how he was exposed.

Maybe that’s his fault. He wanted the big money fights and no one really pays too much attention to bantamweights. Be that as it may, it just seems that this fact is always overlooked.
    Wait, he moved up 4 pounds from Super Bantamweight to Featherweight and you think it is all about that? Most all fighters move up at some point or another. Naz was short and stocky at Super Bantamweight too. That's how he got the power from his legs.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Manju View Post

Wait, he moved up 4 pounds from Super Bantamweight to Featherweight and you think it is all about that? Most all fighters move up at some point or another. Naz was short and stocky at Super Bantamweight too. That's how he got the power from his legs.
    Naz had huge legs.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I bet you were a proper Naz lover weren't you Master

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    I bet you were a proper Naz lover weren't you Master
    Hated the fucker, so glad when Barrera beat him. Probably appreciated him later.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That surprises me. Fair enough.

I didn't hate him as he made me laugh some of the time but always cheered on his opponent. Yet I felt short changed when he walked away and wanted him back.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    That surprises me. Fair enough.

I didn't hate him as he made me laugh some of the time but always cheered on his opponent. Yet I felt short changed when he walked away and wanted him back.
    I had a similar experience with Naz. Guy made me laugh constantly so I enjoyed him. But it drove me crazy how overrated he was. He was really good don't get me wrong. But there was a reason he was kept away from Marquez. All the physical talent in the world doesn't help you if you are against someone with skills and talent.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I always enjoyed his fights for the entertainment he brought. He made us take notice of the little guys. Against Floyd it would be a repeat of what happened against Barrera.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You have to judge the versions of Naz and Floyd back then not now with their full career stamped. Naz was already past his pomp by 2000 and Floyd wasn't a superstar. However, no way Floyd is making 126 without killing himself.

Naz would've knocked Floyd the fug out. Brutal sleeper KO inside three rounds. Augie Sanchez beat Floyd, look what Naz did to him.

Whoomp there it is!
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Thread Information