Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: How do you feel about Danny Garcia opening up about mental health challenges?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default How do you feel about Danny Garcia opening up about mental health challenges?

I think it makes him stronger. The only thing I think he should have mentioned is that God lifted him out of that depression and hurt. But we all can't acknowledged the one Supreme Being. But, glad he is finding ways of getting over that hump.

For those who haven't dealt with depression in particular and anxiety, it is a debilitating disease. With anxiety you are fearful of everything and you become crippled in social situations. You don't want to leave the house or go into a store... you become small and feel under a pressure cooker every day of your life. You can't communicate with people the way you should normally do.

With depression, it's big cousin, it LITERALLY feels like you have a boulder on your shoulders, right at the top part of your trapezius muscles. Like you are carrying a cross that you cannot shake. You feel it weighing down on your body and soul and you just can't shake it off. You often feel like crying and giving up. It goes away only to come back to make you feel that pain of hopelessness and sorrow all over again- a real demon that depression is. He who feels it, knows it...

I had to pray to God for him to life my spirits and get me back into operating in the real world. A lot of people don't make it back like Tyson Fury, Danny Garcia and I did, but many do and we salute them for finding a way to happiness.

I have come to accept my failures and my small, humble life... and it isn't quite bad when I look around. I have some things my peers don't have and they have some things I don't have, but it doesn't mean it is the end for any of us. I have learned to like my lonesomeness now. For an only child, that was starting to get on my nerves and I found the wrong friends in demons and wicked people trying to fill a void that Jesus Christ could have easily filled.

I still want to get married, however. But when God sends me a good mate or I get the nerve to be more aggressive with the ladies. Being an only child with a single parent mother who is AFRAID OF EVERYTHING IN LIFE has its drawbacks. But I will wait on the Lord!

Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: How do you feel about Danny Garcia opening up about mental health challenges?

i think it was good to see another top athlete speaking about mental health
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: How do you feel about Danny Garcia opening up about mental health challenges?

Its outstanding character. There are people walking around with pathologies and in total denial of it. Then, they project onto others all their repressed feelings. They blame others for what they themselves do. Total projection. Inside they have feelings of worthlessness, and those feelings cannot rise to the surface for it would be too unbearable for them to face. IF THEY THOUGHT CAREFULLY, they would understand that those feelings were inherited from their own parents; they are in fact FALSE BELIEFS, inherited only and normalized whilst a child. But its too painful for them to admit this to themselves, and so it gets repressed and then their outward behavior becomes abusive to others and they project their unconscious feelings of worthlessness onto others; they need to see it in others to transfer it out of themselves, then they can attack it safely at a distance.

Thread Information