0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Latest sparring session

https://youtu.be/MktPTvD8Zx4

Hey guys long time no see.

ive been dealing with a slew of injuries that sidelined me for a good while but now im back to about as close to 100% as i will ever be so now its time to get back to competiton and this month will be busy.

this guy I sparred came in saying he just won an overseas tournament and came to our gym looking for sparring....wont be sparring him again. There is a big tournament coming up september!
    Last edited by infomer24; 09-01-2017 at 03:48 PM.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Latest sparring session

can not see the video?
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    can not see the video?
    My bad the link was bad here it is
    https://youtu.be/MktPTvD8Zx4

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That was not as intense as normal. You seemed tentative with your jab but good fast right hands. Were you giving your opponent too much respect or taking it easy on him?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That was not as intense as normal. You seemed tentative with your jab but good fast right hands. Were you giving your opponent too much respect or taking it easy on him?
    Well I wasnt taking it easy on him, i did stop him in the 2nd round. Do you mean intense as in going forward? I didnt give him respect in my eyes its just that he was dead set on coming forward and the way he was coming forward wouldve just smothered my offense so i decided to keep my range and let my hands fly. idk though maybe you see something I dont.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by infomer24 View Post
    Well I wasnt taking it easy on him, i did stop him in the 2nd round. Do you mean intense as in going forward? I didnt give him respect in my eyes its just that he was dead set on coming forward and the way he was coming forward wouldve just smothered my offense so i decided to keep my range and let my hands fly. idk though maybe you see something I dont.
    He doesn't, but he means well lol
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That guy couldn't fight at all; you hit him with about 93% of your jabs and every right hand you threw. Stopping him isn't something i would necessarily brag about, even though im on board with the concept of visitors from other gyms being fair game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by greynotsoold View Post
    That guy couldn't fight at all; you hit him with about 93% of your jabs and every right hand you threw. Stopping him isn't something i would necessarily brag about, even though im on board with the concept of visitors from other gyms being fair game.
    Whats so funny is that he was an amature boxer from overseas and said je was just coming off of a tournament win in some country thats why they put me in there.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Whats so funny is that he was an amature boxer from overseas and said je was just coming off of a tournament win in some country thats why they put me in there.
    How long did it take you to realize he was not all that?

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Maybe he had some jet lag.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

unfortunately without seeing the full sparring session we are unable to comment on you stopping him in the second round, you saw what happened between Paulie and Conor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    unfortunately without seeing the full sparring session we are unable to comment on you stopping him in the second round, you saw what happened between Paulie and Conor.
    That was everything, there was nothing else. After you hear coach yell stop that last time had the camera kept rolling you just would have heard him say "you're done" and him sorta walking around the ring stumbling slightly

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No cause he was there all week looking for sparring. I never thought about how easy it was until it was over lol

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No cause he was there all week looking for sparring. I never thought about how easy it was until it was over lol
    I guessed you had him figured when you popped him with the jab, just before he swung and lost balance. You look good, obviously well taught.

El Kabong Guest

Just watched the video. You look good in there very settled in, calm, cool...you slipped his punches very well and kept your guard up too. You popped the jab out there nicely and you doubled and tripled up on it at times (a great thing to do starting out!). You got a few good digs to the body when you could, you kept your hands moving and you didn't waste any energy, you moved for a reason, you moved with purpose instead of moving just to be moving. The 4 straight right crosses after a lead right uppercut was a very nice combination albeit one you're not going to be able to use all that often but great improvisation!

Overall you did very well you looked relaxed in there, you looked confident, and you looked in good shape all positives to take from a sparring session like that.

Your opponent maybe he had an off day, maybe your style messed with him a bit, maybe he had a little jet lag, WHATEVER that's on him, you did your part and you did it well, keep pushing yourself to be better, be faster, be stronger, and you're going to make something of yourself.

Good work

Thread Information