Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: 220 Somalis fired in US for complaining about....

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default 220 Somalis fired in US for complaining about....

Insufficient prayer space in the meat packing plant in Colorado.

Bleeding heart liberal the United States Council on Islamic Relations says that they were treated in a discriminatory manner and is preparing a 32 million dollar lawsuit.

Cargill corporation says that the workers were demanding to make three to four different daily prayers... each one taking up to 20 minutes. This would have saved the workers up to 80 minutes of work time per day which the company said was unacceptable

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: 220 Somalis fired in US for complaining about....

Of course I don't work for cargil but they are a large corp and probably treat their employees decently.Muslims in the us are accommodated for prayer time at places I work.they are given extra time afforded to them to pray and provided a place to do so. I have no issues with that, I admire the Muslim dedication to prayer but to make unrealistic demands on your company that would effect productivity is a different story, accommodation, yes, but some need to take a mile when given an inch.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Of course I don't work for cargil but they are a large corp and probably treat their employees decently.Muslims in the us are accommodated for prayer time at places I work.they are given extra time afforded to them to pray and provided a place to do so. I have no issues with that, I admire the Muslim dedication to prayer but to make unrealistic demands on your company that would effect productivity is a different story, accommodation, yes, but some need to take a mile when given an inch.
    I used to make ithneen Salat twice a day (Zuhr and 'Asr) in 1990-1993 at my NJ job (when I was practicing the Muslim faith) and there was barely a 6 minute break to perform the required ablution known as Wudu and then get the prayer in. We then got docked 2 10 minute coffee breaks to compensate. We would perform the prayer anywhere we could in empty rooms around the company.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

On a second note we never complained about losing eight minutes of break time a day. The two coffee breaks were 20 minutes total but our two prayers never added up to more than 12 minutes. We were expected back at our desks after completion of the prayer and we're not allowed to take the additional 8 minutes even though it remained. 8 minutes a day at 5 days a week is 40 minutes per week that we were denied our break time. But after 52 weeks that is 2000 minutes which is a pretty good chunk of time there at nearly 33 hours. We never complained or anything.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    On a second note we never complained about losing eight minutes of break time a day. The two coffee breaks were 20 minutes total but our two prayers never added up to more than 12 minutes. We were expected back at our desks after completion of the prayer and we're not allowed to take the additional 8 minutes even though it remained. 8 minutes a day at 5 days a week is 40 minutes per week that we were denied our break time. But after 52 weeks that is 2000 minutes which is a pretty good chunk of time there at nearly 33 hours. We never complained or anything.
    The pendulum has swung in the other direction. I don't know the specifics of this Cargill case but if the company tried in good faith to work with these people but they refused to reach common ground I hope the case gets thrown out. I supervised a couple of Muslims, sometimes they would take advantage but for the most part they prayed and got back to work. I had no problem with that but i know it makes human resources nervous. Render unto Ceaser what belongs to him and render unto God what is gods.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fire everyone that wants to prayer anytime ever, solved.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    That is also an excellent point because if a Muslim cannot make a prayer for a legitimate reason then it is permitted to make that prayer up later on in the day.

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

More in sports later: Ring kneeling in the corners praying will be banned from boxing,holding up the world at a cost of so many million per minute is costing viewers 35.9 million per year in lost advertising revenue.
    Ring news now and Prince is coming back in a carpet truck to fight Butterbean.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Very rational response, you would make a great boss.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Very rational response, you would make a great boss.
    I would once I'd fired all the religious twits I didn't want working for me anyways.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    More in sports later: Ring kneeling in the corners praying will be banned from boxing,holding up the world at a cost of so many million per minute is costing viewers 35.9 million per year in lost advertising revenue.
    Ring news now and Prince is coming back in a carpet truck to fight Butterbean.
    @Andre @denilson200 wasn't this actually brought up during the year or am I thinking american football? I know prayer and sports was discussed on the media here in the us with discussion of a ban but I forget the specifics.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Do they make them clock out when praying

Honestly if anyone..anywhere..expects to be afforded 80 minutes to pray in addition to lunch(?) you deserve to be slinging meat and packing bologna into crates. Then again something tells me half these folks will turn around and have no idea why-how they are out of a job next week..

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If any religious person is afforded time paid at work to pray, then everyone else should clearly be given the same amount of time to do something more productive like have a nap.

Thread Information