Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Dubois v Joyce - terms agreed for July - O2 Arena London

Was hoping this would happen and it looks like it is.
    July 13th at the O2 is being mentioned.
    Hard to call this one but a very good matchup that will deliver.

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/5...hed-agreement/

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Dubois v Joyce - terms agreed for July - O2 Arena London

Boxing experts give their predictions for Daniel Dubois vs Joe Joyce
    The fight no one thought would actually happen - Dubois vs Joyce for the British heavyweight championship.

BBN asked their panel of experts for their take on who wins:

Jamie Speight
    Three-time Southern Area champion

Joe Joyce signs with Frank Warren
    Joe Joyce and Daniel Dubois agree terms
    Predictions for Josh Taylor vs Ivan Baranchyk
    "A great domestic heavyweight dust-up and I feel Dubois doesn’t have the technical ability to deal with Joyce.

Joe was an elite amateur of the highest form and medalled in the olympics During his amateur career he must’ve seen every possible style and come across tall fighters, short fighters, some powerful, some skilful, some flat footed, some great movers...the list goes on.

Joe doesn’t do anything too special but does the basics well and, judging by the way he gets rid of people, what he lacks in speed he makes up for in power.

I think it’s a step too far too soon for Daniel and Joe will get him out of there mid to late rounds - between 5-8, I reckon."

Matt Marsh
    Former British super-bantamweight champion

"Daniel Dubois will knockout Joe within six rounds.

Both big boys but Joe is way to slow and Daniel is young and hungry."

Daniel Smith
    BBN Writer

"A cracking domestic dust-up with two big, powerful heavyweight monsters colliding so early on in their careers - a much-needed breath of fresh air blasting through the division in times where fights simply cannot be made.

I'm going with a Daniel Dubois stoppage over Joe Joyce, mid-to-late on. I just feel that Dubois' attributes possess the greater threat holistically, placing him in better stead to do the business."

Steve Wood
    Promoter - VIP Promotions

"Great fight and one that I did not expect to happen.

I'm going for Joyce coming from behind with a late stoppage as Dubois tires. The easy fight to make was with Nathan Gorman and therefore must be a reason why not, maybe looking for someone who will stand in front of Dubois which I think Joyce will do but I have him down as being tough enough to turn it round after a slow start."

Joe Neale
    Boxing Matchmaker / PR

"This is a great fight, I did not expect to happen.

I think Joe Joyce, at this stage, is far too experienced for Daniel Dubois and see him stopping him in the late rounds in a super competitive fight."

Miles Shinkwin
    Former English light-heavyweight champion

"I think it’s brilliant that the fights been made so early in their careers.

You’d have to say big Joe is favourite and I don’t feel that the muscle Daniel has put on in the last year is going to help him in this fight, it will merely slow him down and if you’re slow with Joyce he will just punch and punch until you don’t punch back.

My prediction is Joe around half way."

Erol Ceylan
    Promoter

"For me, Joe Joyce is the favorite. He is stronger than Dubois and the better boxer.

I think Dubois will lose by KO."

Niall Doran
    Editor of Boxing News & Views

"Super, super fight and piece of matchmaking in what has been a dreadful start to the year for boxing so far in terms of big fights not getting made in the heavyweight division.

Although he's less experienced, I think Dubois will find the target frequently and often early on and close the show in the mid rounds.

Great fight though. One punch could change it all between these two bombers."

Kevin Campion
    Boxing manager and matchmaker

"I can’t look past Joyce, I think Dubois is a great prospect, but Joyce is experienced, has a decent chin and is strong.

I think he will have too much and stop Dubois late."

Mark Tibbs
    Boxing Coach

"Great domestic!

Joyce needs to crack on if he’s to mix it with the big boys and in beating Dubois I then can believe in him. On his previous opponents and last performance was not impressive for me at all.

Dubois, for me, has fought better opposition and is the more natural of the two, sharper and knows when to go up a gear.

Both big punching men, but the sharper one wins and that's Dubois."

Chez Nihell
    Unbeaten cruiserweight

"I have big respect for both men, both highly decorated GB boxers in the amateurs and carrying on there KO power in the pros. However, Joyce being the older and more experienced of the two.

That being said, Dubois is a massive puncher and at that weight anything can happen with one punch.

My money is on the 'Juggernaut' Joe Joyce. I predict with his relentless punching power and durability, he will find I stoppage rounds 4-6."

Tey Lynn-Jones
    Former Southern Area middleweight champion

"What a fight! Credit to both men taking this fight, it’s a real 50/50 in my eyes.

Can see if Joyce’s granite chin can take Dubious' shots if he lands and see if he hits as hard as people say!

Sitting right on the fence for this one but I’ll be betting on the bookies underdog."

Kieran Gething
    Welsh Area super-lightweight champion

"Very even fight! I think Joyce will be on the ball and get a lot of points behind him but eventually I think DDD hits too hard and will get a KO."

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

HALL OF FAME promoter Frank Warren is delighted to welcome unbeaten heavyweight and Olympic Silver medallist Joe Joyce to the Queensberry Promotions stable in a co-promotional agreement with Ringstar Sports.

The 33-year-old, known as ‘Juggernaut’ is the mandatory challenger for the EBU European heavyweight title and the British heavyweight title. The current holder of the WBA Gold heavyweight title, having previously won the WBA Continental title.

Joyce’s Queensberry Promotions debut will come as chief support to Billy Joe Saunders’ clash with Shefat Isufi on May 18th at the Lamex Stadium, home of Stevenage FC.

The ‘Juggernaut’ turned professional following his silver medal-winning exploits at the 2016 Rio Olympics. He was considered by many judges to be unfortunate in losing a decision to Tony Yoka in the final.

Joyce’s previous amateur accomplishments include the winning of gold at the 2015 European Games and 2014 Commonwealth Games. He also collected bronze at the 2013 European championships and 2015 World Amateur championships.

His professional journey began under the tutelage of his then promoter David Haye’s coach Ismael Salas before he later transferred to Big Bear in California to work with another Hall of Fame trainer in Abel Sanchez.

Now his focus has returned to the UK, Joyce will be trained by Adam Booth.

The Putney-based heavy hitter put a genuine marker down in the heavyweight division in February with an impressive destruction of former world champion Bermane Stiverne inside six rounds in London, having previously recorded a first-round stoppage of the 23-2 Joe Hanks at the Staples Center in December on the undercard of the Tyson Fury-Deontay Wilder world title showdown.

His statement performances have seen Joyce installed as mandatory challenger for the EBU European title held by Agit Kabayal, while his ranking with the WBA sees him as a likely challenger to the regular champion Manuel Charr.

He has also been mandated by the British Boxing Board of Control to fight for the vacant British heavyweight title against emerging force Daniel Dubois. Both are now Queensberry stablemates.

Not short of options, Joyce himself expressed no particular preference when pressed on a favoured foe.

“It doesn’t matter who it is,” he considered. “Manuel Charr, Agit Kabayal or Daniel Dubois. The Juggernaut plows through all!

“I am delighted to be joining up with Frank and the Queensberry team,” added Joyce. “I’m now in the right place to accelerate my progress. I can really make my mark on the UK scene. While continuing to press forward towards world titles.

“Having seen the great job Frank has done with Tyson Fury, I know I’m in the right place. I’m not far away from being in with the top guys in the division. I know Frank is the man to help guide me to becoming a world champion.”

“I am really looking forward to featuring alongside Billy Joe Saunders at Stevenage FC for my Queensberry Promotions debut on May 18th.”

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So the fight is a done deal... however, Dubois is fighting this week, or possibly not, which is vital to the July 13th 02 date. Also he could possibly face Nathan Gorman on that date.

Joyce will fight in May and is also mandatory for the European title. Also he's in discussions for the WBA (micky mouse one) against Manuel Charr. But would prefer Anthony Joshua at MSG.

Meanwhile a week before Frank's 02 bill Dillan Whyte/Matchroom are at the same venue.

La de da de da de da.....
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Joyce has allegedly stepped aside and Dubois v Gorman is happening next.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

World Boxing News has learned Joe Joyce is passing up on the chance to fight for the vacant Lonsdale Belt as stipulated by the British Boxing Board of Control.

The heavyweight contender is instead eyeing up a big top division name for a summer return once his debut under Frank Warren is out of the way.

Joyce fights Alexander Ustinov on May 18. The encounter forms part of the main card for Billy Joe Saunders’ world title fight with Shefat Isufi at Lamex Stadium.

A win over Ustinov will propel Joyce into the realm of potentially being one fight from a world title shot.

This means a clash with Daniel Dubois is off the menu until the British prospect makes it to the same level as Joyce.

Dubois can now concentrate on aiming for the strap relinquished by Hughie Fury earlier this year.

The BBBofC put Dubois forward, initially to face Fury. The ex-world title challenger and cousin of Tyson dropped out citing injury.

Despite Joyce having the first refusal, it seems Team ‘Juggernaut’ believe focusing on landing a world title is more beneficial at this stage of the Olympic silver medalist’s career.

As Nathan Gorman is ready and willing to step up, the Board are likely to approve an in-house Frank Warren clash for the 200 pounds plus title.

A favored date for Dubois v Gorman is set to be July 13. Joyce could also appear in a co-feature capacity, WBN understands.

Dubois v Gorman has been a long time coming and 2019 seems the perfect time to pit the two undefeated punchers together.

An announcement is expected as early as this week.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Who would've guessed Warren was pulling a publicity stunt
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dubois v Gorman is a good fight, 2 heavy handed guys in what should be a war while it lasts.
    Warrens been piling that trick for decades 😁

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    Was hoping this would happen and it looks like it is.
    July 13th at the O2 is being mentioned.
    Hard to call this one but a very good matchup that will deliver.

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/5...hed-agreement/
    Hard to call

I call Joyce turning the lights out on Dubois about round 4. Dubois had a good entertaining fight vs Lartey but holy crap is that dude AVERAGE looking in the ring. There's nothing flashy at all about him. I mean it's good he lets the hands go, but the technique doesn't strike me, the power doesn't strike me, the handspeed doesn't strike me.

Joe Joyce at the VERY least has big time power and yeah he's a big slow plodder, but he connects more often than not and Dubois takes too many shots to be effective vs a guy like that. If he learned to slip, catch, or roll with punches and counter maybe he'd have something, but naaaaah buddy he's getting outgunned vs Joyce BADLY!

Have the smelling salts on standby

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'll watch a replay of it just so I can use x2 speed option.
    He Who Is Brave Is Free

Wisdom, compassion and courage are the three universally recognised moral qualities of men.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Manos de Piedra View Post
    I'll watch a replay of it just so I can use x2 speed option.
    I know they are slow but come on give them a break.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

El Kabong Guest

I don't think Joyce or Dubois will be anything more than a contender for the world titles, but I don't think they have the X factor to get to be title holders outside of the local England belts. They will be fun fighters to watch because they have that back and forth kind of style, they're a bit plodding, a bit heavy handed, but there's not that snap to their punches or slickness to their defense that gets them to win the world titles.

They'll soon reach their levels and find fighters who will outbox them or out slug them.

Right now I'd love to see Filip Hrgovic fight either of them...I think he'd wreck the pair of them.

Thread Information