Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rumor has it that Peter "Kid Chocolate" Quillin is facing Gabriel Rosado

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Rumor has it that Peter "Kid Chocolate" Quillin is facing Gabriel Rosado

What do you think of the fight? Rosado have a chance? Good fight for Quillin's development? Rosado, once again, overmatched at the top level? Or upset like the J'Leon Love fight?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Rumor has it that Peter "Kid Chocolate" Quillin is facing Gabriel Rosado

Yup this fight is official as the Hops-Murat co feature. I guess Rosado got a better offer after complaining about stupid money.

Rosado is the type of guy that'll make QUillin look real good so im not really excited about this fight.

Midround stoppage..

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Rumor has it that Peter "Kid Chocolate" Quillin is facing Gabriel Rosado

I don't think much of the fight, figure Quillin should beat him down. I guess Rosado is the most dangerous puncher Quillin has fought though Should be entertaining and it's soon enough, just hope to see Quillin-Golovkin made after they both win.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Shit would be criminal if Quillin-GGG dont happen next year. Im dieing to see what GGG can do with a real fighter.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm happy for Rosado for getting more paycheques but Quillin vs GGG is a nice fight.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Martin Murray would've been a really good fight for Quillin, remember Schafer ranting about how they tried to make that fight in England, would've been nice. This, not so much and the main event of Hopkins Murat seals it being a dogshit card. If that's PPV anywhere it's a laugh.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Murray is the Mandatory for GGG after Stevens if he wants to keep the WBA belt. Quillin may have to get in line.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Honestly the only thing Love and Quillin have in common is wearing gloves to make money. Rosado is fun tv but just thick in the head style wise. Quillin should beat Rosado up pretty good then really stomp on the gas and start demanding his people get things rolling.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

El Bump!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quillin is my boy but I was kind of dissappointed by this performance. Maybe he took rosado lightly but it shouldnt have lasted 9 rds..

A part of his game I always questioned was his finishing ability. He lands a single shot and sort of admires his work instead of throwing a follow up.

He knocked njkam down like 7 times but a good finisher would ended him after the first couple knockdowns..

I like his style and his punch selections but he still has some work to do..

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Agree with that, he needs to actually box in there. He's explosive with his power shots and does some nice things, but waits around way to much in between and gets pretty frantic when he's actually pressed. Rosado did hurt him a few times when they would trade, Quillin wouldn't have to get in those spots if he would just work.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I credit Rosado with wearing the weight well, dude looked like a spr middle, and using that eratic pressure midway with some effect. Quillin made some adjustments after early power hooks and while he did wait too long in spots I think he did a good job at keeping his head and began timing Rosado with effect. Credit for needing to adjust and doing so, credit to Rosado for coming to fight.

They mentioned Jacobs as a possibility for Quillin in what would be pretty interesting and potentially explosive. I don't think Jacobs is ready yet but off lastnight Golden Boy may think its worth a go.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by FinitoElDinamita View Post
    Quillin is my boy but I was kind of dissappointed by this performance. Maybe he took rosado lightly but it shouldnt have lasted 9 rds..

A part of his game I always questioned was his finishing ability. He lands a single shot and sort of admires his work instead of throwing a follow up.

He knocked njkam down like 7 times but a good finisher would ended him after the first couple knockdowns..

@FinitoElDinamita - can we agree that those scores were horrible? Rosado was well in that fight. I had it a draw or Rosado down one round at the time the judges stopped the fight. Rosado earned a rematch. Quillin is a top middleweight, but he needs to refine some things before he jumps in the ring with the best of the division. While Rosado is underrated in my opinion, I've seen Kid Choc's best two opponents, Rosado and N'Jikam outbox him for large parts of their fights with him. With that said, Kid Chocolate seems like a pretty good dude, so I mean no disrespect.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    Agree with that, he needs to actually box in there. He's explosive with his power shots and does some nice things, but waits around way to much in between and gets pretty frantic when he's actually pressed. Rosado did hurt him a few times when they would trade, Quillin wouldn't have to get in those spots if he would just work.
    A prime Martinez moves too much for Kid Chocolate. I'm not sure what there is left in Martinez, but a prime Martinez, would box him.

Murray versus Kid Chocolate could be a good scrap.

However, before any of it happens, Rosado should get a rematch.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FinitoElDinamita View Post

@FinitoElDinamita - can we agree that those scores were horrible? Rosado was well in that fight. I had it a draw or Rosado down one round at the time the judges stopped the fight. Rosado earned a rematch. Quillin is a top middleweight, but he needs to refine some things before he jumps in the ring with the best of the division. While Rosado is underrated in my opinion, I've seen Kid Choc's best two opponents, Rosado and N'Jikam outbox him for large parts of their fights with him. With that said, Kid Chocolate seems like a pretty good dude, so I mean no disrespect.
    Yea one of the scorecards were too wide.. rosado was in the fight for sure but no way it was a draw.

I really think he overlooked rosado though. Every has been beating him so he figured itll be a walk in the park. Anybody who goes into a fight with such mentality is in for a long night regardless of how good they are..

Rosado is tough but I really dont think much of him.

Thread Information