Cool Clicks

Default Roy Jones is fighting in Russia this weekend

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hopefully sooner rather than later. I don't want to see him hurt or suffering from dimentia later in life.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Roy Jones is fighting in Russia this weekend

It's quite possible that Roy did get the message after the Lebedev KO, what he's been doing since then is actually pretty harmless. The guys he's fighting pose almost no threat even to him, and he's still very much an attraction in the places he's fighting. If he just wants to feed his ego, still get that rush of fan support and being in the ring, I don't see the harm. If a washed up fighter starts doing charity exhibition bouts nobody would be up in arms about it, and I don't think this is to much different.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    It's quite possible that Roy did get the message after the Lebedev KO, what he's been doing since then is actually pretty harmless. The guys he's fighting pose almost no threat even to him, and he's still very much an attraction in the places he's fighting. If he just wants to feed his ego, still get that rush of fan support and being in the ring, I don't see the harm. If a washed up fighter starts doing charity exhibition bouts nobody would be up in arms about it, and I don't think this is to much different.
    Good points. I just worry because his punch resistance has diminished and so has his stamina. He had Ledbedev shut out before he became exhausted and was knocked out. I hope you are right about him not harming himself buti just think it will end bad if he keeps going.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Its seriously like watching 'Superman' be content to impersonate Aquaman devour canned tuna in a stairwell with a plastic fork by candlelight

The fact he is content with this circus speaks volumes, and its the guy who berated Paul Williams for "risking permanent injury and looking shot so must need to retire" vs Lara. Fuck Roy, and he will be called on what he is entertaining as record padding, no different from all before him. He needs to get out healthy and proud and get over himself, or at least live with it.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's sad but I'm glad he's only fighting the Courtney Fry's of the world now and staying away from people who actually give him further brain damage.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Exactly.... RJJ is on the RJJ world tour. While RJJ isn't winning like B-Hop is at this stage of his career, he certainly knows more in-ring tricks than B-Hop does and tries more than B-Hop does.

A lot of people turn in to see RJJ just to see his wizardry. He certainly does seem jealous of B-Hop and Tarver, to a smaller extent. lololol....
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post
    Exactly.... RJJ is on the RJJ world tour. While RJJ isn't winning like B-Hop is at this stage of his career, he certainly knows more in-ring tricks than B-Hop does and tries more than B-Hop does.

A lot of people turn in to see RJJ just to see his wizardry. He certainly does seem jealous of B-Hop and Tarver, to a smaller extent. lololol....
    Have to disagree with you on RJJ having more tricks than Hop. No one has more tricks than Hop, he gets by a ekes out wins at 50 mostly on tricks n being clever.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't see this fight being on US TV. I know it is going to be a stinker but boxing has been slow enough lately where I'll watch anything.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mikeeod View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post

Have to disagree with you on RJJ having more tricks than Hop. No one has more tricks than Hop, he gets by a ekes out wins at 50 mostly on tricks n being clever.
    B-Hop is fundamentally sound. But tricks is what I mean in terms of "Showmanship"... has B-Hop ever ko'd a man with both hands behind his back? Did B-Hop make a mockery of Jeff Lacy? Did B-Hop dance in the ring before he smacked you? Did B-Hop ever do a chicken dance, tapped both of his heels, did a shimmy before he whacked you and moved out of the way?

No!
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What if RJJ fought Eubank, Collins, Benn, Michalczewski, and Rocchigiani?

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That is a great idea bring these guys out of retirement. Collins is ready, willing and able to fight Roy anytime.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    That is a great idea bring these guys out of retirement. Collins is ready, willing and able to fight Roy anytime.
    I saw him at my gym the other day and I would have to disagree. Respectfully.
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's bad when you can't even stream his fights -_-

I like that he still fights a few times a year and makes himself some cash.

ATG - I feel he should be a bit better than he is now for how much he fights, considering what he was.
    You say tomato,
    ‘n I say …… it correctly.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Jimanuel Boogustus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    I saw him at my gym the other day and I would have to disagree. Respectfully.
    Who was in the gym?
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information