Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  8
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why is Cocaine back as a drug for athletes?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Why is Cocaine back as a drug for athletes?

Big names like Tyson Fury and Jon Jones are finding it hard to quit the nose candy. How is it that this drug has snuck back into the sports world at such a high level?

Don't they know not to take that stuff?
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Why is Cocaine back as a drug for athletes?

It has status and is accessable. A cool drug.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tell them it is cool after a few years and a hole in the wallet, heart and brain. In the 21st century drugs like that are for squares.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Even if you want a high, there are sooooo many other "uppers" that are LEGAL you can have other than Coke. Coke is just bad, bad bad!!!

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Look at the losers on this thread...

Coke is bad.

Boo hoo!

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I had some great times on coke when I was younger, it was never my favourite drug, give me speed any day, then again I'm not a professional athlete who faces regular drugs tests.

people take coke because just a little bit can give enough of a bump without being overly noticeable to those who are not on it.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    I had some great times on coke when I was younger, it was never my favourite drug, give me speed any day, then again I'm not a professional athlete who faces regular drugs tests.

people take coke because just a little bit can give enough of a bump without being overly noticeable to those who are not on it.
    I stay away from that shit. I guess Coke (snorting) is different for Whites than it is for Blacks. Blacks had a Crack epidemic, but after the early 00's you can count the amount of Crack users on one hand. And people who use Crack used Coke, but not stood at Coke alone in the Black community.

But, White folks, for some reason, use Coke but never turn to all out Crack the way Black people became addicted. Odd?

The reason why Crack and Coke use in the Black communities dwindled to a small few was because we saw what Crack did to families, and once treatment and information about it was given to folks, people stood away from it.

I can't see any Black person- partying with your White/Euro friends aside- would stand there and use Coke. Jon Jones may be a bad case, but today it is a one off case than opposed to the norm it used to be back in the 80s and 90s- Which is a gateway drug to Crack, in particular.

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Coke is bad stuff people who take it can still function but it fucks there life up bad bouts of paranoia and the finical cost dont take that shit.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dia bando View Post
    Coke is bad stuff people who take it can still function but it fucks there life up bad bouts of paranoia and the finical cost dont take that shit.
    Yup. You just don't need it.

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post

But, White folks, for some reason, use Coke but never turn to all out Crack the way Black people became addicted. Odd?

Eh? Yes they do, buddy. Crystal Meth too, big time.

Addiction is addiction and a druggie is a junkie no matter the colour of skin they were born in. There are drug addicts in the West of all colours, druggies in the Middle East and China, India and New Zealand.
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by X View Post

Addiction is addiction and a druggie is a junkie no matter the colour of skin they were born in. There are drug addicts in the West of all colours, druggies in the Middle East and China, India and New Zealand.
    In terms of percentage to the ethnic demographic, Blacks became more addicted to Crack than as Whites. Just stats, brother. Sure, there are more Whites; but the percentage of the White population vs Blacks was much, much smaller. Something like 3 times smaller.

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

https://www.cjpf.org/who-uses-crack-cocaine-and-why/

"MOST CRACK USERS ARE WHITE, ESPECIALLY AMONG YOUNG ADULTS.

Statistics from the 2012 National Survey on Drug Use and Health reveal that 55% of past-month crack users are white. Black Americans, who make up 12.2% of the population, account for 37% of crack users, meaning that they are 3.5 times more likely than whites to be regular crack users. But black people are 21.2 times more likely than white people to go to federal prison on a crack charge."

The percentage amount is still too high for my taste, even for 2012. But it is slowing down and we must continue the fight against that Crack shit in the Black community first. They are the primary drug dealers for EVERYONE. Sad, but true....

Suburban Whites and Lower to Middle Income Whites/Latinos and even Asians are NOT the main street-pushers, even though the Mexican Cartels do own some territory. But Blacks are the primary street peddlers of this poison, and for economic reasons.

We must face it head on.

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Big names like Tyson Fury and Jon Jones are finding it hard to quit the nose candy. How is it that this drug has snuck back into the sports world at such a high level?

I remember seeing an interview with Johnny Tapia where he explained that there is no greater feeling than being in the ring during a fight. The athletes are fighting for their lives against live opposition, surrounded by thousands of screaming fans, knowing that there are millions watching around the world, with hundreds of thousands to millions of dollars on the line. They're full of adrenaline, they're the biggest heroes, everyone is in awe of them. There is no better feeling--How could there be? So after the fight, what can they do to get that kind of euphoria? Whats going to make them feel like the greatest living thing on earth? Whats going to make them feel like the almighty invincible creature they know they can be? They can only fight 3 or 4 times in a year, even less when they've reached the highest level of the sport. So it's easy to understand why cocaine would be the next best thing.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ruthless rocco View Post

I remember seeing an interview with Johnny Tapia where he explained that there is no greater feeling than being in the ring during a fight. The athletes are fighting for their lives against live opposition, surrounded by thousands of screaming fans, knowing that there are millions watching around the world, with hundreds of thousands to millions of dollars on the line. They're full of adrenaline, they're the biggest heroes, everyone is in awe of them. There is no better feeling--How could there be? So after the fight, what can they do to get that kind of euphoria? Whats going to make them feel like the greatest living thing on earth? Whats going to make them feel like the almighty invincible creature they know they can be? They can only fight 3 or 4 times in a year, even less when they've reached the highest level of the sport. So it's easy to understand why cocaine would be the next best thing.
    Johnny Tapia was an addict of many things.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by X View Post

In terms of percentage to the ethnic demographic, Blacks became more addicted to Crack than as Whites. Just stats, brother. Sure, there are more Whites; but the percentage of the White population vs Blacks was much, much smaller. Something like 3 times smaller.
    I hear you buddy, but suspect those numbers might just be for the US and not the world?

Even so, taking those numbers and extrapolating a hypothesis that it means/proves that one group is more susceptible to addiction that another is a step too far for me

just my opinion, though
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Thread Information