Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  41
Likes Likes:  418
Dislikes Dislikes:  3
Page 169 of 311 FirstFirst ... 69119159167168169170171179219269 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,535 of 4664

Thread: last movie you watched (Flag Up SPOILERS)

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default re: last movie you watched (Flag Up SPOILERS)

Hitman - from the game I think. An OK couple of hours entertainment. He deffo should have knobbed the tart in it though.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

El Kabong Guest

'Hellgate' starring Ron 'Horshack' Palillo as the hero of the film.....my word that movie was awful. Every little bit of comedy they had in it was done in 3's example Palillo motions to his friend to come to him "You know you're an asshole?"...he motions again "You really are"......motions again "I mean it"... that wasn't the only bit they did the whole 3rd times a charm deal with....oh it was ghastly!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

El K,

just curious, do you know if that movie was based on either a video game or manga of the same name? vaguely recall either game or a manga of that name (or similar)

------------

Had a selection of movies to watch and time for 2, ended up randomly picking Warm Bodies and Jack the Giant Slayer

Warm Bodies - starred Nicholas Hoult -he looked familiar, couldn't place him at first, but it came to me, he was Beast in X-Men: First Class

not my regular type of movie to watch, but surprisingly wasn't bad... nice how the romance blossomed between a zombie and a human. more love story set in zombies-infested world vs kill the zombies type story

Jack the Giant Slayer - starred Nicholas Hoult - when my son picked the movie, it was based on the title, coincidence it starred Hoult - just as expected, fun adventure movie, great time for my 10 yr old son and me - couldn't spend Father's Day any better. it won't win critics over, but fun adventure ... thought CGI was pretty good. the castle siege was a little intense, and i "felt" both sides of the siege.

i would reco both movies.
    Last edited by Stickgrappler; 06-17-2013 at 05:37 PM. Reason: added images
    "A good stickgrappler has good stick skills, good grappling, & good stickgrappling & can keep track of all 3 simultaneously. This is a good trick & can be quite effective." - Marc 'Crafty Dog' Denny

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Watched Nutty professor starring Eddie Murphy with the kids, they loved it.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Stickgrappler View Post
    El K,

just curious, do you know if that movie was based on either a video game or manga of the same name? vaguely recall either game or a manga of that name (or similar)
    The movie was released in 1989 so I don't think there are any ties to a video game and if there were that movie would have certainly destroyed sales.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thx El K.
    "A good stickgrappler has good stick skills, good grappling, & good stickgrappling & can keep track of all 3 simultaneously. This is a good trick & can be quite effective." - Marc 'Crafty Dog' Denny

El Kabong Guest

The Serpent and The Rainbow starring Bill Pullman. Crazy movie about zombification set in Haiti...really neat cerebral film almost horror movie but still closer to reality than fiction.

El Kabong Guest

Last night I finished one of the most amazing movies ever created 1987's 'Miami Connection'.

Miami Connection (1987) - IMDb

Check out some of the "Totally Rad" clips from the movie

I think the thing this movie does best is making montages that happen in real time as opposed to showing gradual growth and change it's just real time and doesn't show much change at all...its basically music & no dialogue. Plus you'll notice the Asian dude gets hit maybe 1 time the whole movie while the black dude gets the dog shit beat out of him and the white guy does much better but still takes a few shots hear and there.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Watched F on film 4 and it was a crap British horror movie. Although the fit PE teacher in the dressing room getting changed and being killed was amusing
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The Numbers Station.

Pretty good. Interesting angle on the whole hit man thing.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters

I didn't realize the rating was R when I watched with my 10 yr old son and 12 yr old - they had to cover their eyes on some parts - pretty gory (not splattergore). There is adult language throughout also.

But beyond that, fun movie - nice spin/extrapolation on classic tale.

It's not going to win any Academy Awarsds but worth the sit-through if you are into these type of action movies. Good special FX

I reco it.

p.s. oh yeah, Gemma Arterton is hot!
    Last edited by Stickgrappler; 07-01-2013 at 03:26 PM.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Man of Steel - A must see... A really good action packed movie.

Dead Man Down - Is an entertaining film. Well worth the watch. It's not high action packed but it has some good scenes.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick View Post
    Just curious, are you a fan of the comics? Mixed reviews i've been hearing/reading. Fans of the books say one thing, non-comics fans say another.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Stickgrappler View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick View Post
    Just curious, are you a fan of the comics? Mixed reviews i've been hearing/reading. Fans of the books say one thing, non-comics fans say another.
    @Stickgrappler
    I'm not a comic geek but I know the general story lines on the more popular comics.

I have to say it was very well done. I liked the fact that they took some things from the original story and also mixed it new things to it. Overall the film is it's own new story in a sense and it ties in several other films in little ways.

I can see where comic geeks would get their pens leaking out because of how the story was changed and had things added. But again it's a new story mixed in with the original.

I will say one thing about it that some of the Krypton scenes and fighting/exploding scenes were a bit too much. They practically destroyed Metropolis.

All in all though a really good film.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thank you @CutMeMick - the point of contention for comics geeks (i'm a comics geek somewhat, but not a Supes fan) is fundamentally Supes is different... it's one thing to take artistic license for the movie on something superficial, but at the core, something's changed (don't want to spoil it for others so not mentioning it) and that one point is a huge point of contention

regardless, i'm not a supes fan, but even i kind of balked at that one major point/difference. however with that said, i will watch when dvd is out and will probably like it overall as a movie with the action

Thread Information