Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arum:Hatton=relatively ordinary!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Arum:Hatton=relatively ordinary!

http://www.fightnews.com/fightnews_2...VCsRPENGK.html

Arum: Hatton relatively ordinary!

Tuesday, May 23 2006

What asked about chances of Jose Luis Castillo facing Ricky Hatton if Castillo gets by Diego Corrales on June 3, promoter Bob Arum stated on Tuesday, "I think Hatton has been exposed pretty much as being a relatively ordinary fighter based on his last fight. I don't think he is going to be ready to fight anybody real soon as long as he can grab HBO money to fight second rate fighters." Hatton promoter Dennis Hobson hit back later in the day, commenting "It was a little naughty of him to imply that Ricky would be content to grab easy HBO money when that is the exact opposite of what the Hitman is all about. Every boxing fans knows Ricky doesn't take a backward step in the ring - and he certainly doesn't take a sideward step when it comes to agreeing to fight the best possible opposition. And that most definitely includes Miguel Cotto and Jose Luis Castillo....Cotto is yet to win a genuine world belt. He's still in the kiddie pool with waterwings on. He's at WBO title level and is struggling to keep hold of that. Arum can't possibly be serious when he says that Ricky has anything to fear from Cotto."

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Arum:Hatton=relatively ordinary!

You would think that somebody like Arum would realize that Hatton took the fight at the higher weight on pretty short notice and that entering the ring at 160 pounds was probably the reason he looked ordinary!!

Without speed, work rate and staimina he is ordinary!!
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So why did he come in the Ring at 160 then, dont understand your point He didnt have to.
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Maybe it is time for Rick to think bout his between fight activities?

With blowing up the way he does he has to come down a long way, granted it isnt as far as if he were still at 140, but maybe thats the problem, maybe Ricks optimum weight is around 150-155, with him only coming down to 147 he might be pushing himself beyond his optimum fighting weight after rehydration.

If he is to stay, and win big fights at 147 he might have to think about staying closer to fighting weight to avoid getting to heavy come fight time.

I hope that makes a little bit of sense to someone other than me
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Perfect sense

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by The Game
    http://www.fightnews.com/fightnews_2...VCsRPENGK.html

Arum: Hatton relatively ordinary!

Tuesday, May 23 2006

What asked about chances of Jose Luis Castillo facing Ricky Hatton if Castillo gets by Diego Corrales on June 3, promoter Bob Arum stated on Tuesday, "I think Hatton has been exposed pretty much as being a relatively ordinary fighter based on his last fight. I don't think he is going to be ready to fight anybody real soon as long as he can grab HBO money to fight second rate fighters." Hatton promoter Dennis Hobson hit back later in the day, commenting "It was a little naughty of him to imply that Ricky would be content to grab easy HBO money when that is the exact opposite of what the Hitman is all about. Every boxing fans knows Ricky doesn't take a backward step in the ring - and he certainly doesn't take a sideward step when it comes to agreeing to fight the best possible opposition. And that most definitely includes Miguel Cotto and Jose Luis Castillo....Cotto is yet to win a genuine world belt. He's still in the kiddie pool with waterwings on. He's at WBO title level and is struggling to keep hold of that. Arum can't possibly be serious when he says that Ricky has anything to fear from Cotto."

Arum is a greedy boxing promoter.
    thats the way it is
    If hatton was in his stable he wouldnt come out with that comment

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap
    So why did he come in the Ring at 160 then, dont understand your point He didnt have to.
    My point is it was a mistake by him and his team - doesn't make him ordinary, makes him ill prepared for that particular fight - quite clear to me really
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Didnt Arum also say Mayweather was a greater boxer then Leonard? Take no notice people!

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Big H see your point He has good habits in the gym , bad ones out of it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think your right Big H, i think firstly Hatton needs to be fighting more than twice a year, at least three times if you ask me, the more time he is out of the ring the more time he does damage to his body, fighting every six months with a camp of about 12 weeks means he is basically abusing his body for six months of the year, i am beginning to worry but lets see and judge after his next fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Anyone Have a pic somewere of Hatton between fightsI cant picture him being a Lard ass..I know most fighters look far from ring condition between fights.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by jtrock
    Anyone Have a pic somewere of Hatton between fightsI cant picture him being a Lard a**..I know most fighters look far from ring condition between fights.
    Dude he is huge remeber he is 5'6 and id say he weighs in at about 180 in between fights. But you cant fault him he works hard in the gym but works just as hard out of it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by skel1983
    Quote Originally Posted by jtrock
    Anyone Have a pic somewere of Hatton between fightsI cant picture him being a Lard a**..I know most fighters look far from ring condition between fights.
    Dude he is huge remeber he is 5'6 and id say he weighs in at about 180 in between fights. But you cant fault him he works hard in the gym but works just as hard out of it
    Damn I am 5'11 and 195 in good shape lifting and training in NHB MMA,Hatton must be a porker at 5'6 180

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by cockey cockney
    Didnt Arum also say Mayweather was a greater boxer then Leonard? Take no notice people!
    Though his lacy crap is off... ARum is right Mayweather is a superior boxer than Leonard IMO by a large margin in terms of skill and speed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Taeth
    Quote Originally Posted by cockey cockney
    Though his lacy crap is off... ARum is right Mayweather is a superior boxer than Leonard IMO by a large margin in terms of skill and speed.
    I agree. I won't say that floyd will go down as being greater than srl but i do think that floyd is better technically than srl was.The big difference is srl had a lot of heart.
    Step up so I can put you down

Thread Information