Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Froch - Groves to meet on Sky Ringside special

Honestly, Froch didn't know how to deal with Groves on Ringside there. I think Groves has won this. Froch has taken this too personally, and I can see him boxing the wrong fight just because he's so pissed off and intent on knocking him out. I feel quite certain @Tam Seddon will be changing his sig.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bzkfn View Post
    Honestly, Froch didn't know how to deal with Groves on Ringside there. I think Groves has won this. Froch has taken this too personally, and I can see him boxing the wrong fight just because he's so pissed off and intent on knocking him out. I feel quite certain @Tam Seddon will be changing his sig.

Groves was just trying to get a reaction out of Froch that Froch wasn't willing to give him. He doesn't need to because as soon as they are in the ring Groves won't be able to talk he will just be getting plain knocked out. I really don't like him at all and I don't even see this being close.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't like the way Groves has conducted himself but I do believe he's doing a good psyche job and he's selling the fight. Carl is old school and I hope he wins because he's been such an amazing pro. I think a lot of people will think Carl being wound up will help George. It may have the opposite effect, look what happened to Bute when Carl started fast.. if he does.
    These are all ifs, whys and I don't mind if I don'ts.. I honestly don't know what to expect from Groves and that's what makes this an interesting fight.. I thought he did well to beat Degale and I was cheering him on in that fight as Degale was such an plonker at the time .. but he looked far from comfortable and maybe he is just following that blueprint as that's his best win to date.
    Bring it on.
    The tension on ringside was genuine.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Froch was just bizarre in that interview. Maybe it was all show and performance, but he seemed to be going through some kind of mental collapse. It was really weird. Groves, the cocky little undefeated simpleton, and there is Froch, the man who fights everyone, biting on his lip, in an effort to hold himself in. Either that was pantomime or else Froch knows he is getting old and can't bottle it up, or else he is genuinely angry.

All very odd.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Froch was just bizarre in that interview. Maybe it was all show and performance, but he seemed to be going through some kind of mental collapse. It was really weird. Groves, the cocky little undefeated simpleton, and there is Froch, the man who fights everyone, biting on his lip, in an effort to hold himself in. Either that was pantomime or else Froch knows he is getting old and can't bottle it up, or else he is genuinely angry.

All very odd.
    I think he's genuinely pissed off.. we'll see fight night if it effects the result. Either way.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Froch is one of those thick cunts that think they're smart when they're clearly not. But not even he's thick enough to all of a sudden mentally unravel after spending the last few years fighting every fucker and his dog in their backyard.

They are selling PPV.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Froch is one of those thick cunts that think they're smart when they're clearly not. But not even he's thick enough to all of a sudden mentally unravel after spending the last few years fighting every fucker and his dog in their backyard.

They are selling PPV.

Froch hasn't been this angry since someone stole his bicycle.
    What amazes me is that this sold out all 21,000 tickets in 11 minutes and this was a while back and before a lot of the mind games started by Groves, I know Froch is well supported but I dont recall even the Bute fight selling that fast?
    Groves doesnt have any fanbase at all that im aware of so seems Barry Hearn was right when he said boxing in the UK is back on the rise at last.
    Maybe the UK public have realised that 2 men rolling around the floor for 15 mins in a cage aint what 2 men fighting is all about and come back to where its really at - the square circle ;-)

Thread Information