Boxing Forums


.



User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16

Thread: Sam Peter coming back to fight Wilder??

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Ex'way to your Skull
    Posts
    25,024
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Default Sam Peter coming back to fight Wilder??

    Posted by: Omaku Cephas January 9, 2015

    Former NABF, IBA, and WBC heavyweight champion Samuel ‘the Nigerian nightmare’ Peter admitted to this author last Saturday night that he is planning a comeback and wants a shot at newly-crowned heavyweight sensation Deontay Wilder's belt. Peter (35-5, 28 KOs) is best remembered for his double triumph over James Toney, as well as his two-time losses to Wladimir Klitschko, and brother Vitali.

    Peter is rumoured to be in training with Jeff Mayweather, however the nature of his loss to Helenius, as well as Peter's terrible physical condition have led many to call for Peter's retirement from boxing.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    2,012
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    373
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Sam Peter coming back to fight Wilder??

    Well I think a prime Peter might have belted out Wilder but I'm not sold on this crap!

    Tyson and Peter should stay retired, they have nothing left to offer and would only devalue their records if they returned.

    Peter would offer less than the sick Stiverne.
    "Enough with the games mate! Your messing with the Grand Master!"

    Lennox Lewis

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    12,723
    Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1072
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Sam Peter coming back to fight Wilder??

    Quote Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
    Well I think a prime Peter might have belted out Wilder but I'm not sold on this crap!
    Tyson and Petershould stay retired, they have nothing left to offer and would only devalue their records if they returned.

    Peter would offer less than the sick Stiverne.
    Tyson? Wtf. The sick Stiverne Good on you for at least not leaving again for months, after the next of your modern generation super HWs fought like a pile of shit.

    I'm curious as to how you decide what fighters you use to support your argument though. Wilder is 6'8 and extremely athletic, surely he could be and example rather than someone you're not sold on? Maybe you just have absolutely no ability to assess fighters?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Ex'way to your Skull
    Posts
    25,024
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Sam Peter coming back to fight Wilder??

    Max Power is an odd one alright. How anyone can say Ali-Frazier 1 was less exciting and high-tension than Wilder -Stiverne, bwahahaha Max MUST be taking the royal piss on this stuff.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    2,012
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    373
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Sam Peter coming back to fight Wilder??

    Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
    Well I think a prime Peter might have belted out Wilder but I'm not sold on this crap!
    Tyson and Petershould stay retired, they have nothing left to offer and would only devalue their records if they returned.

    Peter would offer less than the sick Stiverne.
    Tyson? Wtf. The sick Stiverne Good on you for at least not leaving again for months, after the next of your modern generation super HWs fought like a pile of shit.

    I'm curious as to how you decide what fighters you use to support your argument though. Wilder is 6'8 and extremely athletic, surely he could be and example rather than someone you're not sold on? Maybe you just have absolutely no ability to assess fighters?
    SIT YOUR ASS DOWN NUTBAG!

    Nobody ran away for months, I just had to do otherwise, I couldn't care less what you thought with that attitude! lol

    It's really quite simple.. I backed Stiverne, but I always declared Wilder a credible opponent. He proved several things, by the fight but let's be honest..

    He also left some question marks. He went 12 with Stiverne and took a few shots. So he proved he had better stamina and chin than I thought. But he didn't meet much output at all, even from a low output fighter like Stiverne and he didn't get hit much or with anything big either. So these things aren't TOTALLY proven yet. Could be that Stiverne's condition was a major factor in that. And maybe Wilder would have still controlled him with the jab and won anyway.

    One thing that WAS proven was Wilder's power does not translate to top level, even given Stiverne's chin, he still should have been KOed but wasn't.

    Therefore I'm not fully sold on Wilder.

    BUT if guys like Peter and Tyson think they can come out of retirement now in there present condition and whip Wilder then of course I'd support Wilder because that's ridiculous.. OF COURSE he could KO them easily now! Tyson is 50 and Peter is a fat slob!

    How is any of this weird @brocktonblockbust and how can you not understand it @p4pking?


    Too many shots over the weekend for you!
    "Enough with the games mate! Your messing with the Grand Master!"

    Lennox Lewis

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Ex'way to your Skull
    Posts
    25,024
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Sam Peter coming back to fight Wilder??

    Fighters that are better than klitschkos, peter, chisora, fury, povetkin, wilder, stiverne, adamek, arreola............are as follows:

    Holmes
    ali
    holyfield
    tyson
    marciano
    lewis
    louis
    liston
    frazier
    foreman

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    59,892
    Mentioned
    529 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    3033
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Sam Peter coming back to fight Wilder??

    A prime Sam Peter vs Wilder would have been pretty awesome. I think Sam would have offered a different fight for Wilder as he wasn't a counter puncher, he was a slow plodder, but big power, heavy hands.


    However if this is happening right now this is a fairly sad first title defense.
    "Drown in a vat of whiskey.....death where is thy sting?" - W.C. Fields.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    59,892
    Mentioned
    529 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    3033
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Sam Peter coming back to fight Wilder??

    Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    Fighters that are better than klitschkos, peter, chisora, fury, povetkin, wilder, stiverne, adamek, arreola............are as follows:

    Holmes
    ali
    holyfield
    tyson
    marciano
    lewis
    louis
    liston
    frazier
    foreman
    Yeah.....and none of the fighters you listed are fighting anymore so it's erroneous to bring them up
    "Drown in a vat of whiskey.....death where is thy sting?" - W.C. Fields.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    2,012
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    373
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Sam Peter coming back to fight Wilder??

    Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    Fighters that are better than klitschkos, peter, chisora, fury, povetkin, wilder, stiverne, adamek, arreola............are as follows:

    Holmes
    ali
    holyfield
    tyson
    marciano
    lewis
    louis
    liston
    frazier
    foreman
    LOL okay...

    Let's first crop your list a bit...

    Ali
    Marciano
    Louis
    Liston
    Frazier

    would never ever step into the same ring as Wladimir Klitschko. They would fail against what you yourself would call "bums"

    Of the remaining...

    Holmes would be outclassed and KOed early because he was ineffective against larger opponents with skills (stats prove).

    Holyfield was too small and outclassed, he would not win a single round against Klitschko, whether he survives or not depends on his chin.

    Tyson would be tied up like Povetkin, a stink fest, but inbetween would be dominantly worked. KOed likely since he doesn't have Povetkins chin.

    Foreman would never land a single meaningful punch, get brained for a couple of rounds and KOed within 2 or 3.

    Lewis is the only serious challenge!

    So much for your list! LOL
    "Enough with the games mate! Your messing with the Grand Master!"

    Lennox Lewis

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    57,970
    Mentioned
    1514 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    2751
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Sam Peter coming back to fight Wilder??

    Quote Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    Fighters that are better than klitschkos, peter, chisora, fury, povetkin, wilder, stiverne, adamek, arreola............are as follows:

    Holmes
    ali
    holyfield
    tyson
    marciano
    lewis
    louis
    liston
    frazier
    foreman
    LOL okay...

    Let's first crop your list a bit...

    Ali
    Marciano
    Louis
    Liston
    Frazier

    would never ever step into the same ring as Wladimir Klitschko. They would fail against what you yourself would call "bums"

    Of the remaining...

    Holmes would be outclassed and KOed early because he was ineffective against larger opponents with skills (stats prove).

    Holyfield was too small and outclassed, he would not win a single round against Klitschko, whether he survives or not depends on his chin.

    Tyson would be tied up like Povetkin, a stink fest, but inbetween would be dominantly worked. KOed likely since he doesn't have Povetkins chin.

    Foreman would never land a single meaningful punch, get brained for a couple of rounds and KOed within 2 or 3.

    Lewis is the only serious challenge!

    So much for your list! LOL
    I can make stuff up too about Wlad but I will not bother because your post is just dumb.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    4,408
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    395
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Sam Peter coming back to fight Wilder??

    Quote Originally Posted by master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by max power View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    fighters that are better than klitschkos, peter, chisora, fury, povetkin, wilder, stiverne, adamek, arreola............are as follows:

    Holmes
    ali
    holyfield
    tyson
    marciano
    lewis
    louis
    liston
    frazier
    foreman
    lol okay...

    Let's first crop your list a bit...

    Ali
    marciano
    louis
    liston
    frazier

    would never ever step into the same ring as wladimir klitschko. They would fail against what you yourself would call "bums"

    of the remaining...

    Holmes would be outclassed and koed early because he was ineffective against larger opponents with skills (stats prove).

    Holyfield was too small and outclassed, he would not win a single round against klitschko, whether he survives or not depends on his chin.

    Tyson would be tied up like povetkin, a stink fest, but inbetween would be dominantly worked. Koed likely since he doesn't have povetkins chin.

    Foreman would never land a single meaningful punch, get brained for a couple of rounds and koed within 2 or 3.

    Lewis is the only serious challenge!

    So much for your list! Lol
    i can make stuff up too about wlad but i will not bother because your post is just dumb.
    lol

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    2,012
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    373
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Sam Peter coming back to fight Wilder??

    Quote Originally Posted by SlimTrae View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by max power View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    fighters that are better than klitschkos, peter, chisora, fury, povetkin, wilder, stiverne, adamek, arreola............are as follows:

    Holmes
    ali
    holyfield
    tyson
    marciano
    lewis
    louis
    liston
    frazier
    foreman
    lol okay...

    Let's first crop your list a bit...

    Ali
    marciano
    louis
    liston
    frazier

    would never ever step into the same ring as wladimir klitschko. They would fail against what you yourself would call "bums"

    of the remaining...

    Holmes would be outclassed and koed early because he was ineffective against larger opponents with skills (stats prove).

    Holyfield was too small and outclassed, he would not win a single round against klitschko, whether he survives or not depends on his chin.

    Tyson would be tied up like povetkin, a stink fest, but inbetween would be dominantly worked. Koed likely since he doesn't have povetkins chin.

    Foreman would never land a single meaningful punch, get brained for a couple of rounds and koed within 2 or 3.

    Lewis is the only serious challenge!

    So much for your list! Lol
    i can make stuff up too about wlad but i will not bother because your post is just dumb.
    lol
    Wladimir never once fought an opponent as weak as the five ousted, let alone lost to one like that...

    Holmes was outboxed by Michael Spinks and ripped off against Tim Witherspoon, struggled badly with Ken Norton and even had problems with Shavers!

    Mike Tyson was taken the distance by James Tillis and wasted by Buster Douglas

    George Foreman was out-classed, out-boxed and knocked by Muhammad Ali and Jimmy Young.

    Holyfield lost to Michael bloody Moorer and had a HW record of 26-10.

    But yeh, they all beat Wladimir...

    RIIIIGHT! LOL
    "Enough with the games mate! Your messing with the Grand Master!"

    Lennox Lewis

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    12,723
    Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    1072
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Sam Peter coming back to fight Wilder??

    Quote Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
    Well I think a prime Peter might have belted out Wilder but I'm not sold on this crap!
    Tyson and Petershould stay retired, they have nothing left to offer and would only devalue their records if they returned.

    Peter would offer less than the sick Stiverne.
    Tyson? Wtf. The sick Stiverne Good on you for at least not leaving again for months, after the next of your modern generation super HWs fought like a pile of shit.

    I'm curious as to how you decide what fighters you use to support your argument though. Wilder is 6'8 and extremely athletic, surely he could be and example rather than someone you're not sold on? Maybe you just have absolutely no ability to assess fighters?
    SIT YOUR ASS DOWN NUTBAG!

    Nobody ran away for months, I just had to do otherwise, I couldn't care less what you thought with that attitude! lol

    It's really quite simple.. I backed Stiverne, but I always declared Wilder a credible opponent. He proved several things, by the fight but let's be honest..

    He also left some question marks. He went 12 with Stiverne and took a few shots. So he proved he had better stamina and chin than I thought. But he didn't meet much output at all, even from a low output fighter like Stiverne and he didn't get hit much or with anything big either. So these things aren't TOTALLY proven yet. Could be that Stiverne's condition was a major factor in that. And maybe Wilder would have still controlled him with the jab and won anyway.

    One thing that WAS proven was Wilder's power does not translate to top level, even given Stiverne's chin, he still should have been KOed but wasn't.

    Therefore I'm not fully sold on Wilder.

    BUT if guys like Peter and Tyson think they can come out of retirement now in there present condition and whip Wilder then of course I'd support Wilder because that's ridiculous.. OF COURSE he could KO them easily now! Tyson is 50 and Peter is a fat slob!

    How is any of this weird @brocktonblockbust and how can you not understand it @p4pking?


    Too many shots over the weekend for you!
    I could drink myself half to death and still be more objective than you! I'm not a nutbag, and often agree with your take on some old time HW's. I don't see what it is you think I don't understand either, I'm simply saying you're inconsistent. Every HW who ever lived left a few question marks, there's never been anything close to a textbook boxer with supreme physical gifts over 200 pounds, surely you would acknowledge this?

    Is Stiverne a good modern HW or not, to you? Surely he was pretty good to beat Arreola twice right? The guy who would have beaten anyone before 1980 in the world of Max Power :P Are you really going to say Wilders power didn't translate to world class because he couldn't finish the guy? He hurt him badly in the first two rounds, you knew Stiverne had a low output before hand and looked exclusively to counter, it was Wilders first time going over 4 rounds and he held up ok until the last two, and this was his first big fight.

    If you aren't careful I'm going to dig up some of your older posts just to vindicate myself here.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    48,969
    Mentioned
    944 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Sam Peter coming back to fight Wilder??

    This would be an absolute travesty. Why is James Toney not getting his shot? He was robbed against Gavern as recently as 2013 and both Klitschko's refused to ever get in the ring with him. Never been stopped! But instead Sam Peter? A man Toney beat with a jab and was stopped by both Klits and outpointed by Eddie Chambers!

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Ex'way to your Skull
    Posts
    25,024
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    0
    Cool Clicks

    Default Re: Sam Peter coming back to fight Wilder??

    Peter weighed 277 in his last bout in October 2014. He won by KO in Round 1.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 53
    Last Post: 01-02-2015, 09:26 AM
  2. Hatton coming back for one fight only
    By skel1983 in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 12-09-2009, 04:01 PM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-27-2008, 03:59 PM
  4. Toney coming in heavy for his next fight with Peter!
    By CountryBoy in forum Boxing Talk
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-04-2006, 05:10 AM
  5. thinking of coming back
    By royce in forum Ask the Trainer
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 03-29-2006, 04:13 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  





Boxing | Boxing Photos | Boxing News | Boxing Videos | Boxing Forum | Boxing Books | Boxing Posters | Learn to Box | Advanced Fighting Methods | Boxing Rankings | Boxing Schedule | Auctions | Fun and Games | Boxing Equipment

Copyright © 2000 - 2019 Saddo Boxing - Boxing