Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Iron Mike Tyson vs. Wladimir Klitschko

1985-1989 Tyson would def mop the floor wıth Wlad...and he would also BEAT soundly Vıtali the way he beat Bonecrusher Smıth or Razor Ruddock. POST prıson Tyson would have some problems wıth Vıtalı but not wıth Wlad. I stıll say Tyson up untıl 1996 would also beat Vıtalı.

Mıke Tyson's LOSING effort ın the 1st Holyfıeld fıght showed just what a fantastıc chın he had whıch we really never knew about untıl Holy landed bomb after bomb and Tyson kept throwıng bombs hımself. That was a great heavyweıght fıght. Tyson untıl then stıll had plenty of fıre and decent defensıve movement. He was stıll good enough ın 1996 to wıpe Wlad out and wın agaınst Vıtalı--though maybe not by KO.

And talkıng about Tyson who fought Lewıs ıs totally fuckıng nuts. Tyson was already about 36 years old. No chance to beat Lewıs at that poınt. Dont even know why he tookk the fıghtç

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Anybody who's been able to get to Wlad consistently has been able to stop him. Tyson was like a buzzsaw/force of nature in 1988, I don't see Wlad being able to keep him off of him. Tyson by KO, unless Wlad caught him with something huge early.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I rate Vitali vs Tyson a toss up because of Vitali's chin and the huge size difference.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    1985-1989 Tyson would def mop the floor wıth Wlad...and he would also BEAT soundly Vıtali the way he beat Bonecrusher Smıth or Razor Ruddock. POST prıson Tyson would have some problems wıth Vıtalı but not wıth Wlad. I stıll say Tyson up untıl 1996 would also beat Vıtalı.

Mıke Tyson's LOSING effort ın the 1st Holyfıeld fıght showed just what a fantastıc chın he had whıch we really never knew about untıl Holy landed bomb after bomb and Tyson kept throwıng bombs hımself. That was a great heavyweıght fıght. Tyson untıl then stıll had plenty of fıre and decent defensıve movement. He was stıll good enough ın 1996 to wıpe Wlad out and wın agaınst Vıtalı--though maybe not by KO.

And talkıng about Tyson who fought Lewıs ıs totally fuckıng nuts. Tyson was already about 36 years old. No chance to beat Lewıs at that poınt. Dont even know why he tookk the fıghtç
    So which is it was Lennox Lewis "old & washed up" or was he in "top condition" vs Tyson because in the fight right after that 1 calendar year later vs Vitali, Lennox was said to be "old & washed up".....so which is it fellas

All Holyfield had to do was roll & counter the entire night, those fights showed what a ring general Tyson WASN'T because he never adapted to Holyfield. Fantastic chin, Evander was said to not have any power and he gave back to Tyson better than he got. Look at Tyson's KO's who the fuck are those guys? You're telling me Wlad doesn't have the brains or the skill to fight better than Bruno? Better than Ruddock? Better than Smith who was more than a tad chinny in his own right?

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mars_ax View Post
    I rate Vitali vs Tyson a toss up because of Vitali's chin and the huge size difference.
    Tyson would beat Vitali because Vitali is very stationary and slow in comparison to Tyson. Vitali may take the punches but think it just means he takes a systematic beating. Sure he will give Tyson problems because of height, weight and reach but Tyson used his size, speed and punching power to his advantage and would win sufficient rounds to win a decision.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

TysonBomb I love your enthusiasm but your good points do not need to be personal. El Kabong likes the Klit brothers but he does give Tyson credit so there is no need to get personal with him.

You even made @TitoFan defend Wlad for his performance against Haye which says a lot.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Tyson would beat Vitali because Vitali is very stationary and slow in comparison to Tyson. Vitali may take the punches but think it just means he takes a systematic beating. Sure he will give Tyson problems because of height, weight and reach but Tyson used his size, speed and punching power to his advantage and would win sufficient rounds to win a decision.
    Vitali is stationary He's athletic and doesn't move his feet much because he doesn't really have to. Vitali is 6'8 he keeps a low guard and when someone tries to hit him in the head he leans back or backs up and unless you're a very tall rangey fighter you're not going to find his chin.

But whatever, it's no use arguing with the Tyson fans. I mean we would have had Vitali vs Mike Tyson had 'Iron' Mike beaten Danny Williams, but hey he was so stationary he certainly would have lost that fight too

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Vitali is stationary He's athletic and doesn't move his feet much because he doesn't really have to. Vitali is 6'8 he keeps a low guard and when someone tries to hit him in the head he leans back or backs up and unless you're a very tall rangey fighter you're not going to find his chin.

But whatever, it's no use arguing with the Tyson fans. I mean we would have had Vitali vs Mike Tyson had 'Iron' Mike beaten Danny Williams, but hey he was so stationary he certainly would have lost that fight too
    I have just defended you saying you are rational and then you make this post! Tyson would have lost against Vitali, if he had beaten Williams. That Tyson had nothing left after 3 rounds, he was finished by then.

El Kabong Guest

I have just defended you saying you are rational and then you make this post! Tyson would have lost against Vitali, if he had beaten Williams. That Tyson had nothing left after 3 rounds, he was finished by then.
    Hey man, I'm just saying he had an opportunity to prove you Tyson fans right...and he couldn't beat Danny Williams.

Listen, I don't hate Mike Tyson, I'm real about the guy. Was he devistating and a rabid whirling dervish of pain and destruction in the ring? Yes, absolutely! Was he invincible? Unbeatable? Flawless? No....no....and no. Certainly everyone can voice what they want to about a hypothetical matchup Prime vs Prime and the deal is people see different things, it doesn't make them any more wrong or right regarding a situation that will not happen unless we can break the laws of time & space. Where one person sees Tyson's impregnable defense someone else might see Wlad's good defense. where someone might see Tyson's combination punching & handspeed someone else might see Wlad's combination punching and handspeed. Where someone might see Wlad's chin as a weakness, another might see Tyson's heart as a weakness.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

TysonBomb I love your enthusiasm but your good points do not need to be personal. El Kabong likes the Klit brothers but he does give Tyson credit so there is no need to get personal with him.

You even made @TitoFan defend Wlad for his performance against Haye which says a lot.

LMAO, @Master.
    I'm glad you see that, even if Lyle doesn't.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The way I see it, Wlad and Tyson both have abilities that could be kryptonite for the other. I think a large influence on the result would be whether or not Wlad loses his calm. If he remains calm and collective, I could see him keeping Tyson at range or tying up on the inside. If Tyson is able to unnerve Wlad, I think Tyson slips in some well placed punches that start Wlad on a downhill train wreck.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ninjaspy3 View Post
    The way I see it, Wlad and Tyson both have abilities that could be kryptonite for the other. I think a large influence on the result would be whether or not Wlad loses his calm. If he remains calm and collective, I could see him keeping Tyson at range or tying up on the inside. If Tyson is able to unnerve Wlad, I think Tyson slips in some well placed punches that start Wlad on a downhill train wreck.
    ninjaspy3, the Voice of Reason...good post

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So he is the voice of reason because he agrees with you.

El Kabong Guest

He doesn't agree with me, he can just see more than one outcome. "If ____ happens then ______" a rational way to discuss a hypothetical matchup.

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He doesn't agree with me, he can just see more than one outcome. "If ____ happens then ______" a rational way to discuss a hypothetical matchup.
    Or just sitting on the fence.

Thread Information